No announcement yet.

Simple scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it ok thanks. Dumb q - how do I delete the config file?

Also let me know if you've had any luck with the Amazon playlists; I will also try them out of course once I get upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
      Got it ok thanks. Dumb q - how do I delete the config file?

Also let me know if you've had any luck with the Amazon playlists; I will also try them out of course once I get upgraded.
      Look for \HomeSeer HS3\Config\sonos.ini. Rather than delete, rename it Sonos.bak (there will already be a file Sonos.ini.bak, leave it alone.

In Device Manager you can filter on devices owned by the plug-in, then do a bulk delete. That will save the time of deleting them manually, one at a time.

Mine is not saving Amazon playlists as either radio stations, favorites or playlists, so I guess they are not supported. Maybe you should contact Dirk and see if we are missing something.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        I am not sure, but I remember Dirk recommending starting over when installing the beta. Disable the plug-in, delete the HS devices and the Sonos config file, then update and enable. You will have to rebuild any events used by the plug-in.
        No need to delete anything!!
        You need to recreate the music DB, click on control for the Sonos Master control and a little pop-up will open and then click create MusicDB.

I really don't recommend using the immediate update flag but recommend the daily creating of the music DB.

The radiostations will have to be re-learned by just playing them.

Dirk

Comment

Ok -- so, Dirk, before I saw your latest post I saw rparde's post. So I deleted my devices (just the players and the master) and then renamed the config file.

I was just trying to install the beta plugin but for the life of me I can't figure out how. Homeseer has a way of making me feel extremely stupid. On the manage plugins page, Sonos says "see plug-in config" and there is no uninstall button. I looked on the config and I don't see one there either.

Just trying to install anyway fails.

Help?

Also, Dirk, would be great if you can comment on playlist and station support for spotify and amazon music. Thanks.

Comment

Also note, in the player table of the sonos config screen, this is what I see.

When I press delete all, I get an "are you sure" dialog, and pressing ok or cancel just no-ops.
            Attached Files

Comment

Also note, in the player table of the sonos config screen, this is what I see.

When I press delete all, I get an "are you sure" dialog, and pressing ok or cancel just no-ops.
              First of all the delete of the devices is nok. Not sure if you renamed the ini file when HS3 was not running but it didn't do what it was supposed to do and now you have a bunch of ghost devices that you can see in the table.

So start over:
              - STOP HS3
              - Delete sonos.ini file
              - Restart HS3
              - Click on Plugins->Manage
              - Click on Update Listings
              - Click on "open additional interfaces"
              - Go to the beta section and select the Sonos PI
              - Click on install

As your question on playing Amazon playlist, you cannot. You can however load the queue with an Amazon playlist, save the queue, click on create Music DB an you can now use that saved queue as a Sonos Favorite

Comment

Appreciate the quick reply! Will do it this weekend and let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, any particular reason why I can't uninstall the instance of the Sonos plugin from the manage plugin page when the other ones work? Is there any GUI way to uninstall or must it be done by nuking the ini file?

(I ask because I'm trying to make myself comfortable with the HomeSeer platform to take the plunge to use it as the controller vs more off the shelf stuff; and I thought I was building a decent understanding but instead I corrupted my plugin installation and got myself into a half state....)

Comment

In the meantime, any particular reason why I can't uninstall the instance of the Sonos plugin from the manage plugin page when the other ones work? Is there any GUI way to uninstall or must it be done by nuking the ini file?
                  A HS3 thing .... don't know why this "kind" of PI (MultipleInstanceSingleEXE) cannot be removed whilst others can.

Comment

Hi Dirk - I stopped HS3, deleted sonos.ini, then restarted HS3. I still see lots of sonos devices. Should those have been removed? I also still see Sonos in the plugins menu list.

Am I not stopping HS3 right? I go to the taskbar, go to HS3, close, and say yes I really want to shut down....

Waiting to try to get the upgrade from additional interfaces until I make sure I'm in an ok state to move forward.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dirk - I stopped HS3, deleted sonos.ini, then restarted HS3. I still see lots of sonos devices. Should those have been removed? I also still see Sonos in the plugins menu list.
                      We are confusing two things here.

a/ I'm trying to have you reset the Sonos data + associated HS devices, not remove the Sonos PI. So when you restart HS, the PI should properly re-create all devices. You do this by deleting the sonos.ini file when HS3 is stopped.

b/ if you want to remove the PI permanently, you need to delete HSPI-SONOS.EXE when HS3 is stopped. Then after you re-start HS3, delete manually all the Sonos related devices. This you should only do when you decide to never use the Sonos PI. Not what we are trying to do here.

Waiting to try to get the upgrade from additional interfaces until I make sure I'm in an ok state to move forward.
                      Not sure what you mean here ....

Dirk

Comment

Ok - thanks for clarifying the difference. I followed your instructions .... I got the beta plugin installed, but my config/devices seems super screwy.

Here's what my device list and config screen show. Am I supposed to delete BOTH the ini and the ini.bak?

Open to suggestions... I honestly just want to wipe the config and start with the beta plugin from scratch.

Sorry if I'm being dense and just missing something.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok - thanks for clarifying the difference. I followed your instructions .... I got the beta plugin installed, but my config/devices seems super screwy.

Here's what my device list and config screen show. Am I supposed to delete BOTH the ini and the ini.bak?

Open to suggestions... I honestly just want to wipe the config and start with the beta plugin from scratch.

Sorry if I'm being dense and just missing something.
                          Do you delete the sonos.ini file when HS3 is stopped? HS3 caches ini files, so making changes or deleting it while HS3 is running doesn't work.

I can't read the screenshots, they are too small, but there seems a lot wrong here.

If you stop HS3 and delete the Sonos.ini file, upon restart of HS3, the first thing the PI should do is delete any remnant device and than it should re-create the sonos devices. The log file should have an entry, stating it deleted all the devices and you should see all of them being created (if you keep the debug flag on).

Secondly, I'm not sure why the device management page shows so many of the same, I suspect they all come from using the "delete all player" in the version R3.0.x.x which unfortunately got broken over the years due to changes in HS3. However, if you delete the sonos.ini config file WHEN HS3 IS STOPPED, all of this should be deleted as soon as the PI starts. Are we talking about the Sonos.ini file which is found in the <hsroot>\config subdirectory?

You are also hiding a bunch of devices on the device management page, maybe that's why I only see player devices and not all the other devices.

What version of HS3 are you using by the way? On what platform is this running (seem to recall a hometroller version where you had to specifically save config changes , long time ago) or HS3 versions that had .ini file problems.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks much Dirk. I am indeed deleting the ini file when HS3 is stopped . And it is the one in the config folder under the hs3 root directory.

I was hiding things non-sonos just so I had a prayer of getting a screenshot (but I still had to zoom out). Will grab the HS3 version in a bit and see if I can see anything in logs.

Comment

HS3 version is HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368 (Windows). I'm running on Win10 (can give you the version if you want).

Turned on debug mode, shut down HS3, deleted INI.
                              * First thing I notice is that on startup I get a bunch of issues in the startup log (errors below).
                              * I then looked at the device list and I still have gillions of devices.
                              * Went to the log and see a bunch more sonos errors. Also below.

Anything helpful in troubleshooting?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              STARTUP LOG ERRORS
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in InitializeSonosDevices creating the UPNP Master with Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Speech~!~Listening for remote speaker connections on port 10401
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Database~!~Opening (Mode=Read/Write) up HomeSeer Energy database C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Energy\Energy.hsd
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=107
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=108
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=109
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=110
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=111
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=112
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=113
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=114
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=115
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=116
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=135
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=136
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=137
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=138
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=139
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=158
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=159
                              11/26/2017 7:24:06 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=160
                              11/26/2017 7:24:07 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=161
                              11/26/2017 7:24:07 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=162
                              11/26/2017 7:24:07 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=181
                              11/26/2017 7:24:07 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=182
                              11/26/2017 7:24:07 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=183
                              11/26/2017 7:24:07 PM ~!~Startup~!~Updater services starting...
                              11/26/2017 7:24:07 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=184
                              11/26/2017 7:24:07 PM ~!~Startup~!~Starting Find service...
                              11/26/2017 7:24:07 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=185
                              11/26/2017 7:24:07 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=204
                              11/26/2017 7:24:07 PM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in BuildSonosInfoList. Info not found in .ini file Devtype = Player deviceReference=205

~~~~~~~~~~~~`
                              Full log file sonos issues
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Nov-26 7:25:16 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:15 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:14 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:13 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:12 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:11 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:10 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:09 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:08 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:07 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:06 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:05 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:04 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:03 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:02 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:01 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:25:00 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:24:59 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:24:58 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:24:57 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:24:56 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:24:55 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:24:54 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:24:53 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:24:52 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:24:51 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:24:50 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:24:49 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:24:48 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateOneSonosController while instantiating the SonosPlayerInfo a nill instance was returned for UDN = uuid:
                              Nov-26 7:24:47 PM Sonos CreateOneSonosController: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = with index 6
                              Nov-26 7:24:47 PM Sonos Error Error in GetPagePlugin, MusicAPI not found for ZoneUDN =
                              Nov-26 7:24:47 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateHSDevice with Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              Nov-26 7:24:47 PM HSTouch Server Warning Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              Nov-26 7:24:47 PM Sonos Error Error in CreateHSDevice with Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              Nov-26 7:24:47 PM HSTouch Server Warning Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              Nov-26 7:24:46 PM Sonos InitIO Called for Instance = and running on OS = Win32NT
                              Nov-26 7:24:46 PM Info Plugin Sonos has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:1550

Comment

HS3 version is HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368 (Windows). I'm running on Win10 (can give you the version if you want).

Turned on debug mode, shut down HS3, deleted INI.
                                * First thing I notice is that on startup I get a bunch of issues in the startup log (errors below).
                                * I then looked at the device list and I still have gillions of devices.
                                * Went to the log and see a bunch more sonos errors. Also below.
                                All of these errors point to that the INI is NOT deleted

What you should have seen in the log file is this entry;

InitializeSonosDevices is deleting all existing HS devices

Are you logged in as an administrator? Are there VMs running or is this file opened by some other app? If you do a dir after the delete, is the file gone?

Maybe restart the PC, don't start anything, check after a restart, is the <hsroot>\config\Sonos.ini file gone?

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X