• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading HomeSeer 2 to HomeSeer Pro - First cut

Method 1 (BEST AND EASIEST)
    1. Back-up your entire HS2 folder
    2. Download the HSPRO "updater" from our downloads page
    3. Run the HSPRO updater. You'll receive a warning about upgrading the wrong version of the program. Ignore that and click through it.

That's it! The whole process should only take less than 5 minutes and when you start HSPRO, your existing devices, events and plug-ins should all work as before.

Method 2 (if method 1 does not work)
    If your HS2 installation is in a bad state and Method 1 did not work, use this method instead.
    • http://www.homeseer.com/downloads
    • - Install this version changing the install location to your HomeSeer 2 directory (last location HomeSeer was installed to).
    • - If you were running a HomeSeer beta update to the same beta from the HomeSeer message board
    • - Copy over from you backup to the HomeSeer 2/config directory
      - config directory - Settings.ini file
      - config directory - config database
    • - Copy over from you backup to the HomeSeer 2/scripts directory
      - Scripts directory - startup.txt
    • - License HomeSeer with your new HS Pro license.
    Last edited by Rupp; September 12, 2009, 01:02 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

@Rupp,
    I have done the same as in your description.
    only missing part is my costume device types.

Comment

Upgrade HS2 into HSpro

Guys, is it not possible to upgrade HS2 into HSpro with Updater?
      Or is it not possible to upgrade without Uninstall HomeSeer 2 and remove files?
      I customized my HS2 op many places. And I installed tons of Plugins.

Thanks for help.
      Wiel

@Chak, nice presentation at Fontys, Eindhoven, Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Wiel View Post
        Guys, is it not possible to upgrade HS2 into HSpro with Updater?
        Or is it not possible to upgrade without Uninstall HomeSeer 2 and remove files?
        I customized my HS2 op many places. And I installed tons of Plugins.

Thanks for help.
        Wiel

@Chak, nice presentation at Fontys, Eindhoven, Thanks !
        Your plugins will stay intact when you remove HomeSeer and install into the same directory.

Comment

I went through this process last fall.

If you follow Rupp's steps the process can be nearly painless and is completely reversible if you find it's necessary.
          The biggest issue I ran into, other than a bit of re-tweaking, was with my Way2Call modem (don't remember the specifics).

Just set aside an afternoon or evening to do the job and you'll be fine.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Sorry for being dense, but how do I uninstall HS2 ? I cannot find an Uninstall file anywhere

Comment

Windows Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs.

Comment

I've upgraded and my sample.mdb was not overwrote, nor was my settings.ini. My startup.txt script was however. As a note though, now BLBackup, DooMotion, UltraMon, LedAM and UltraM1G are all erroring with various errors. Upgrades are sooo much fun... Researching...
                HS: 2.5.0.60
                Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
                Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
                Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
                Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
                Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
                UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
                Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

After uninstalling HS2 the "Program Files\HomeSeer HS2" folder remains there. And when I Install the HomeSeer Pro, the suggested folder is "Program Files\HomeSeer HSPro" so should I use the suggested folder or should I use the existing "Program Files\HomeSeer HS2" folder to install the pro version?

Comment

Originally posted by ssk View Post
                    After uninstalling HS2 the "Program Files\HomeSeer HS2" folder remains there. And when I Install the HomeSeer Pro, the suggested folder is "Program Files\HomeSeer HSPro" so should I use the suggested folder or should I use the existing "Program Files\HomeSeer HS2" folder to install the pro version?
                    If you want to use your existing scripts, plugins etc. you need to browse to the "old" directory that HomeSeer was installed to.

Comment

Originally posted by ssk View Post
                      Either way works. When I upgraded to HSPRO (which was about a year ago) I chose to keep my current folder. Later on I thought maybe a clean install would have been better. And now that I have started from scratch with a PRO-100, I realize that the clean start is a better way to go.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
                        Either way works. When I upgraded to HSPRO (which was about a year ago) I chose to keep my current folder. Later on I thought maybe a clean install would have been better. And now that I have started from scratch with a PRO-100, I realize that the clean start is a better way to go.

Bill
                        Unless, of course, you have any scripts or plugins which address the original directory. If you install to the default \Homeseer Pro\ you'll end up with a number of unnecessary headaches.

Comment

I could not find the config database. the instruction state that it is in the config folder. my events have shown up after the upgrade. is that where they are located? thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by garycc View Post
                            I could not find the config database. the instruction state that it is in the config folder. my events have shown up after the upgrade. is that where they are located? thanks for any help.
                            Yes. If you look at the HomeSeer GUI it shows the name of your config file in the title bar at the top left.

Comment

thanks, Rupp. that did it. now any idea where I can find the address book data?

Comment

Working...
                              X