This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OS upgrade - HS2 and pluging licenses

I'm in the process of evaluating an OS upgrade from my ever so trusty Windows 2000 server to Windows 2003 std server.
    In testing, I have ghosted onto a test system my current running system and performed an upgrade. While testing my applications with great success so far, I noticed that HS, while started up fine, indicates that the HS and related plugin licenses have either expired or will so within days.

I'm thinking in order to minimize my system's / application downtime, that I would ghost the newly updated system (test) and move to Prod. (done this 4 or 5 times in the past 9 years as hw plateforms have upgraded)

The questions are:
    1) are licenses bound to the MAC addresses of the network cards as some windows applications are and once I ghost to Prod will this be solved?

2) If I did an inplace upgrade of Prod will this license issue come up again?

3) Since I have all my licenses, can I just re-apply them and all is well???

Thanks in advance

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

I don't know about 1 and 2 but I've been able to do multiple hardware upgrades including replacing my entire system a couple of times and I just re-apply my licenses and all is well.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

When I run HS 2.3 or above on the current system I just do an uninstall through Control Panel. I am asked asked if I am moving to another system. By selecting Yes is tells the HST license server I am no longer running that HS2 license (and all my plugins) anymore on that computer. Then when I get HS2 running on the other computer I just retype in my license codes and everything gets reactivated.

~Bill

Comment

Working...
      X