tenScripting Now Available for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi tenholde,
    I followed your video to the dot. I do not believe you mentioned having HS3 installed on a different computer than the Visual studio so I took the three HomeSeerAPI
    HSCF
    Scheduler files from HS3 and moved into Visual studio in the other computer. No issues linking them. I was able to run the initial connection setup. Unfortunately I entered the wrong password I guess, I get to the 03 Connected, waiting to be initialized but then it gives me and error An unhandled exception of type syste.nullreferenceexception occurred in mscorlib.dll. How do I reenter the password and is this message related to the incorrect password?

Thanks,
    Aldo

Comment

What version of HS3 are you running?

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

You can find and change the tenScripting options by searching your computer for the user.config file for tenScripting. It will be found somewhere like this (Win7):

c:\users\your_user_id\AppData\Local\tenWare\

look for a folder like: tenScripting3.vshost.exe_Url_nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

it will contain a file: user.config

There may be more than one folder like the above containing a user.config. Find the most recently modified user.config.

This will be an xml file with all of the current options defined. You can change the HsUserName and/or HsPassword items and save the folder and then restart tenScripting.

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

I was able to identify and change the user name and password. I have the latest from your plugin and HS but still getting the error. Could it be because I copied the HS dll to my local directory instead of pointing them to the HS3 directory?

Comment

Are you using the HS3 version in the updater, or a newer beta release?

One of the beta releases introduced changes to HsPhone support that has created problems for some users.

What version of HS3 are you using?

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

In the routine tmrStartup_click, comment out the following line:

hsp = CType(hs.GetHSPref, Scheduler.hsp)

see if that helps,

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

tenholde, the change you suggested worked. I have HS 3.0.0.149. I appreciate your help and the great plugin.

On a different note, would you suggest any good books in regard of VB? I would like to know more about it and eventually write scripts.

Happy Holidays,
                Aldo

Comment

Anyone Up for a Challenge?

New to scripts. Found a cool relay that i want to incorporate into my Homeseer system ( here ) but the first post is for Linux and I am on Win7.

Never did anything with scripting so if someone can help me with direction or, will Tenscripting help me do this, on how to set this up in an event in Homeseer 2 and 3 and what needs to be in the script file I would really appreciate it.

I dont think this is hard its only a few lines of code but not knowing VB.NET I am lost. I think i need them in VB.NET so that when I convert from HS2 to HS3 I will not need to re-do the scripts. Correct? Any help is appreciated!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaleRS View Post
                    New to scripts. Found a cool relay that i want to incorporate into my Homeseer system ( here ) but the first post is for Linux and I am on Win7.

Never did anything with scripting so if someone can help me with direction or, will Tenscripting help me do this, on how to set this up in an event in Homeseer 2 and 3 and what needs to be in the script file I would really appreciate it.

I dont think this is hard its only a few lines of code but not knowing VB.NET I am lost. I think i need them in VB.NET so that when I convert from HS2 to HS3 I will not need to re-do the scripts. Correct? Any help is appreciated!!!
                    Take a look at the drhsIpPlugIn plug-in. I think you might be able to control that device with this plug-in.
                    Nicolai L

Comment

drhsIpPlugIn plug-in

NicolaiL

Thanks for the quick response!!!! It took me a little time to find the HS2 plugin for this but I did and its exactly what i needed its perfect! I noted my relay does not always respond so I need to figure out if its the plugin or the relay. But thanks this is a huge step in the right direction thanks again for your help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaleRS View Post
                        NicolaiL

Thanks for the quick response!!!! It took me a little time to find the HS2 plugin for this but I did and its exactly what i needed its perfect! I noted my relay does not always respond so I need to figure out if its the plugin or the relay. But thanks this is a huge step in the right direction thanks again for your help!!!
                        You're welcome. If it gets hairy to troubleshoot you cold go down the route of using a network sniffer (like Wireshark) so you can at least see what traffic goes across the network.
                        Nicolai L

Comment

I just wanted to express like a few others that I would love to see support for C#.

Comment

Running HS3 3.0.0.152 and for some reason the environment won't connect to HS3 anymore... it waits a while and eventually times out, asking me to enter credentials and IP address... I have verified these over and over... what else may I try to see why it is not connecting anymore?

Thanks!

Sandro

EDIT: I also updated and refreshed all dll references
                            Last edited by pyspilf; February 3, 2015, 02:15 PM.
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

Are you running remotely or locally?

Comment

Running remotely, on my home LAN, as have always... no change in any computer or network or firewall, or any of the sort that I am aware of... I can ping the machine and open HS on the browser just fine. I can also RDP into the server, etc.

Tenscripting does not produce a log, at least that I can see, so I am assuming it times out.
                                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                                X