No announcement yet.

tenScripting Now Available for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tried something I read in an earlier post in this thread - even though I had refreshed the DLL references to the newer versions and all was showing correct, I removed and re-added the references... and like magic it now connects

Problem sorted, and solution noted for further reference every time a version of the DLL is changed.

Cheers

Sandro
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

Edit: Okay, this appears to be the bug you mentioned in the Dec. post.... I couldn't find the routine tmrStartup_click, but I comment out "hsp = CType(hs.GetHSPref, Scheduler.hsp)" from tmrStartup_tick, and that seems to work.

I downloaded Visual Studio Express 2013 & tenScripting3_3_20 today. I added the 3 HS3 reference files. When I run tenScripting, it asks for the IP address of HS3 on my local LAN, and the username & password for HS3... entered.

I re-ran tenScripting - the tenScripting window opens, and the Log shows "Connecting to server at... Connected, waiting to be initialized..." and then I get "Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop: An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in mscorlib.dll. Additional information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.".

Suggestions?? I tried deleting the tenScripting folder from Visual SE, as well as the user config at C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\tenWare\tenScripting3.vshost.exe_U rl_kfo3dntvxqzqlowgkmvvtv3042ms1stb\3.20.0.0 and starting over from scratch, but the same issue occurred.
      Last edited by CJVann; April 13, 2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Tenscripting 3.20 and Export Scripts but not an UAC issue?

Hi tenholde - Been using Tenscripting for HSPRO for years (its awesome!) but seem to have a problem with tenscripting 3.20 and Export Scripts, in that it won't allow me to.

I thought it was a UAC issue due to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts but I am the true Administrator running VSExpress2013.

TS3 verifies access to the HS3\Scripts folder and also says that the export succeeds.
        I've also created temporary folders under c:\scripts and C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\scripts (thats My Dcouments folder) but no joy, nothing gets written.
        At the moment I'm having to manually do the export with copy and paste but that is a PIA.

Any ideas? Sure its UAC but its got me stumped
        FYI - Win 7 64Bit, HS2 and HS3 same machine, connects fine.

Comment

This sounds like something i want to learn. So with this i can start "making" scripts and test them out in this, as an virtual enviorment?

The download link on first side does not work.
          Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
            This sounds like something i want to learn. So with this i can start "making" scripts and test them out in this, as an virtual enviorment?

The scripts will be executed on your HS3 server, if that's what you're asking. If you run destructive scripts, like trying to delete devices, they will actually be deleted!

But tenScripting makes it much, MUCH easerier to script as you can use IntelliSense, so you don't need to remember all commands on the "hs." object.

However, it's always smart to have the HS3 Scripting Reference close.

Here's the download link:
            http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/te...3/Default.aspx
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Just to followup on this it seems to be an issue with 3.20 on my machine. If I revert back to 3.15 that Exports scripts fine.
              Any thoughts ???

Originally posted by reggs11 View Post
              Hi tenholde - Been using Tenscripting for HSPRO for years (its awesome!) but seem to have a problem with tenscripting 3.20 and Export Scripts, in that it won't allow me to.

I thought it was a UAC issue due to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts but I am the true Administrator running VSExpress2013.

TS3 verifies access to the HS3\Scripts folder and also says that the export succeeds.
              I've also created temporary folders under c:\scripts and C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\scripts (thats My Dcouments folder) but no joy, nothing gets written.
              At the moment I'm having to manually do the export with copy and paste but that is a PIA.

Comment

This usually is an UAC issue, although it sounds like you are on top of that. There were significant changes to export from 3.15 to 3.20, so there was probably a bug introduced in 3.20, but I have not had report from others.

When you say tenScripting3 says the export succeeded, did it actually list the script you are exporting as a successfully exported script?

What is your environment? Are you running TS on the same computer as HS3? Same LAN? If you are using a network share, make sure you check the permissions of the share as well as the script folder.

tenholde
                tenholde

Comment

The download link has been fixed.

The tenScripting3 pages explain the difference introduced to upgrade it to HS3.

For more information about how it actually works, go to the description of tenScripting for HS2 at: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/te...g/default.aspx

tenholde
                  tenholde

Comment

I've seen all your videos now. and they are very good. Any chance there will come more?

Comment

I've seen all your videos now. and they are very good. Any chance there will come more?
                      Definitely on my to do list.

tenholde
                      tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                        This usually is an UAC issue, although it sounds like you are on top of that. There were significant changes to export from 3.15 to 3.20, so there was probably a bug introduced in 3.20, but I have not had report from others.

When you say tenScripting3 says the export succeeded, did it actually list the script you are exporting as a successfully exported script?

What is your environment? Are you running TS on the same computer as HS3? Same LAN? If you are using a network share, make sure you check the permissions of the share as well as the script folder.

tenholde
                        You may have missed my reply. It seems to be an issue with 3.20 on my machine. If I revert back to 3.15 that Exports scripts fine.

And yes, when I export simplesamples for example, all of those 3 scripts get listed in the confirmation dialogue but don't appear in the directory. I've tried other directories outside of Program Files(x86) and they don't take the export either. When I verify access to the specified folder in TS3 that succeeds so I am

When I swap back to 3.15 the exports work correctly which has me thinking that it is not an UAC issue or an access issue either.
                        I even tried a 2nd installation of 3.20 to check but still the same problem.
                        All 3 References are correct and the machine IP is the same for 3.15 and 3.20.

I'm on Win 7 64, TS3 is on the same machine as HS3.

Comment

You may have missed my reply. It seems to be an issue with 3.20 on my machine. If I revert back to 3.15 that Exports scripts fine.

And yes, when I export simplesamples for example, all of those 3 scripts get listed in the confirmation dialogue but don't appear in the directory. I've tried other directories outside of Program Files(x86) and they don't take the export either. When I verify access to the specified folder in TS3 that succeeds so I am

When I swap back to 3.15 the exports work correctly which has me thinking that it is not an UAC issue or an access issue either.
                          I even tried a 2nd installation of 3.20 to check but still the same problem.
                          All 3 References are correct and the machine IP is the same for 3.15 and 3.20.

I'm on Win 7 64, TS3 is on the same machine as HS3.
                          As I said, probably a bug introduced on 3.20. I will look at code when I get home later today.
                          tenholde

Comment

When entering the export path, make sure it ends with a "\"

Let me know if this provides a workaround for you

It is clearly a bug, as the same path verifies okay. I will look at providing a permanent fix shortly, but let me know if this workaround works for you

tenholde
                            tenholde

Comment

Success !

When entering the export path, make sure it ends with a "\"

Let me know if this provides a workaround for you

It is clearly a bug, as the same path verifies okay. I will look at providing a permanent fix shortly, but let me know if this workaround works for you

tenholde
                              Yep, that works a charm tenholde. 3.20 now working great.

Thank you !

Comment

Definitely on my to do list.

tenholde
                                Can i request a video where you combine 2 events. Because this is what i think is what gives most back. It would be a dream to cut down from 100 events to 25 events or even less if possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X