No announcement yet.

HS3 Third Party Current Cost Envi Plugin Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I guess that just proved me wrong and HST right and you were right to question the accuracy of the data

I would personally suggest starting fresh, clear the Envi database in the way you say, stop the plugin, delete the cc.db3 file in the HS directory and then re-enable the plugin to create a new database. As I do a INSERT OR REPLACE SQL command then it does not delete anything if it is already in there (only replacing it) so when no new data comes in via the history output the existing data stays in there.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      Well I guess that just proved me wrong and HST right and you were right to question the accuracy of the data
      I wouldn't change it. As long as people understand how the data collection works. And i think you are right in that most people would not have the monitor unplugged for a significant amount of time.
      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I may have found an issue.

My pulse count(whatever that is), today estimated cost, and today estimated use are allways zero.

Here is an excerpt from my Dos window running on my remote computer, I highlighted the line in question:

[1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] tmrDayTotal_Elapsed
        [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] TodaysUse INSERT: INSERT INTO CCInst(Sensor, Wattage, Dat
        e, Time, Ch1, Ch2, Ch3, Imp) VALUES (0, 857, "16/01/14", "21:25:07", 738, 119, 0
        , 0)
        [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] TodaysUse SELECT: SELECT * FROM CCInst WHERE Sensor = 0 A
        ND Date = "16/01/14";
        [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] TodaysUse Exception: String was not recognized as a valid
        DateTime.

[1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] SerialData Sub Called
        [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] DataInput Called: <msg><src>CC128-v1.42</src><dsb>00371</
        dsb><time>21:24:51</time><tmprF>69.6</tmprF><sensor>0</sensor><id>01105</id><typ
        e>1</type><ch1><watts>00738</watts></ch1><ch2><watts>00119</watts></ch2></msg>
        [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] HandleInstant Called Data
        [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] SetDevices Called
        [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] SetDevices Sensor: 0 intWatts(0): 738 decTemp: 69.6 strTi
        me: 21:24:51
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

OK I will fix it tomorrow, it is due to the difference between US and UK dates/times formats (dd/MM/yyyy vs. MM/dd/yyyy), I thought I had tested it but I guess I missed this or put something in and didn't retest it.

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
            I may have found an issue.

My pulse count(whatever that is), today estimated cost, and today estimated use are allways zero.

Here is an excerpt from my Dos window running on my remote computer, I highlighted the line in question:

[1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] tmrDayTotal_Elapsed
            [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] TodaysUse INSERT: INSERT INTO CCInst(Sensor, Wattage, Dat
            e, Time, Ch1, Ch2, Ch3, Imp) VALUES (0, 857, "16/01/14", "21:25:07", 738, 119, 0
            , 0)
            [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] TodaysUse SELECT: SELECT * FROM CCInst WHERE Sensor = 0 A
            ND Date = "16/01/14";
            [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] TodaysUse Exception: String was not recognized as a valid
            DateTime.

[1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] SerialData Sub Called
            [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] DataInput Called: <msg><src>CC128-v1.42</src><dsb>00371</
            dsb><time>21:24:51</time><tmprF>69.6</tmprF><sensor>0</sensor><id>01105</id><typ
            e>1</type><ch1><watts>00738</watts></ch1><ch2><watts>00119</watts></ch2></msg>
            [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] HandleInstant Called Data
            [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] SetDevices Called
            [1/16/2014 9:25:07 PM] SetDevices Sensor: 0 intWatts(0): 738 decTemp: 69.6 strTi
            me: 21:24:51
            Would you be able to try this version for me and see what it does, I have put in a couple of fixes I think will work and tried it on my PC with a few different time settings, I can't get it to error.
            Last edited by mrhappy; January 17, 2014, 01:08 PM. Reason: Download Removed

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
              Hi

I have an EnviR but i have not been able to find the power supply since moving house.

Can someone have a look and let me know what the power supply voltage is for the console

Thanks.
              Sorry I look to have lost my spare supply but it is 3V 80mA with a centre positive connection.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                Would you be able to try this version for me and see what it does, I have put in a couple of fixes I think will work and tried it on my PC with a few different time settings, I can't get it to error.
                Looks good, still no pulse count though. What the heck is that anyway?
                Attached Files

Comment

OK thanks for the update, I will add it to the opening post. Re the pulse count a couple of years ago Current Cost came out with this http://www.currentcost.com/product-optismart.html which can count pulses from things like gas/water meters and some other electric meters. I don't do anything apart from record and log the readings but felt that the device should be created in case people do start using them.

Comment

Originally posted by edd056 View Post
                    Everything is working great

It wil be nice to have one Cost column in the Monthly and Daily History Data pages, is it possible for you ?

Jacques
                    I've posted version 1.0.0.4 to the top of this thread and added the cost column to the top of those pages.

Comment

Formidable, great job
                      thank you
                      Jacques

Comment

Hopefully you might be able to help me, I am not really sure if this is just because I run a virtualized system or something else is going on, but I have been experiencing the strangest issue with the CurrentCost plugin. If i run the plugin normally (e.g. through HS in non-developer mode) after some random period of time the data stops being updated, there is no error and the system still report as Connected however the devices no longer update. I am sure the power usage is changing as well as I turn AC ON / OFF which results in about 1KW power difference (approx) but it is not reflected in the devices.

If i run the app in Developer mode (e.g with the console window) I can see it continues to update the devices, and there is never a disconnected.

I would prefer not to run every app in developer mode (does this use more resources than in non-developer mode?) but I don't mind running yours in that mode if it means it will keep recording.

So I am curious is there any way I can run your app (separate to HS, but on the same machine) in console logging mode without having to turn developer mode on for every machine, e.g. can I run the app by itself with certain switches or anything like that?

Appreciate your thoughts, it has been great having the currentcost on my HS3 system again.
                        HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                          Hopefully you might be able to help me, I am not really sure if this is just because I run a virtualized system or something else is going on, but I have been experiencing the strangest issue with the CurrentCost plugin. If i run the plugin normally (e.g. through HS in non-developer mode) after some random period of time the data stops being updated, there is no error and the system still report as Connected however the devices no longer update. I am sure the power usage is changing as well as I turn AC ON / OFF which results in about 1KW power difference (approx) but it is not reflected in the devices.

If i run the app in Developer mode (e.g with the console window) I can see it continues to update the devices, and there is never a disconnected.

I would prefer not to run every app in developer mode (does this use more resources than in non-developer mode?) but I don't mind running yours in that mode if it means it will keep recording.

So I am curious is there any way I can run your app (separate to HS, but on the same machine) in console logging mode without having to turn developer mode on for every machine, e.g. can I run the app by itself with certain switches or anything like that?

Appreciate your thoughts, it has been great having the currentcost on my HS3 system again.
                          I am going to guess these are co-incidental observations, I can't see the console window being open or not would matter. I would imagine you might be able to get the same behaviour with the window closed just perhaps you have been lucky enough to avoid it at the moment.

I have seen when the data simply stops (I think NicolaiL had the same problem) and from looking into it I understand it is a driver issue with the Prolific serial port drivers, the drivers do not get a particularly good reputation really. The data simply stops which leaves me with a problem as even if I test whether the port is open or not it does not matter as the dead port is still actually open and present on the system. It took me a couple of attempts to get a driver that would work, there was a tool on Prolifics site that could find the right driver for the plugged in device.

One thing I would try to eliminate the driver being a problem is opening the port in the C2 Terminal application that Current Cost produce. If the data in that dies over a period of time then it is not the plugin, if it doesn't then it could be an issue elsewhere.

You can run the plugin via command line but not close it, on the top of this page there is a tool to hide it but I would prefer to find out the cause of the problem if possible.

Comment

So it has taken me the best part of a day to find the right driver, man prolific devices are a right pain in the backside. I did find it in the end though and can confirm I am receiving data. I have run your plugin as its own app and I will keep an eye on it and see how it goes over a period of time, that way I can see if the data stops from the console window.

I do also have power management for USB root hub turned off as well, so that should not be the reason.
                            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

So it has taken me the best part of a day to find the right driver, man prolific devices are a right pain in the backside. I did find it in the end though and can confirm I am receiving data. I have run your plugin as its own app and I will keep an eye on it and see how it goes over a period of time, that way I can see if the data stops from the console window.

I do also have power management for USB root hub turned off as well, so that should not be the reason.
                              The prolific chipset was so bad I ended up getting a SiLabs CP2102 chipset one off of ebay for $24.00us just search for "USB data cable for Current Cost EnviR". It was shipped from England and it works perfectly, even with windows 8.

Comment

Let me know I would be interested, I think the problems are there have been that many different types and clones of the PL2303 the driver situation is a right mess, whats worse is that it will let you install a driver for a conflicting device - you would think it would stop you doing that! If it turns out not to be a driver issue then I guess I owe you a day back and will see if there is another problem but for everyone else a driver change has fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X