No announcement yet.

Problems With Graphics Status Icons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Answer to post #15 could be as I show in the image below but that will set all ON/OFF devices state wide. Follow the link to image ("My documents Folder")
    Now if you have found the HSTouch folders, Save them somewhere first before if you are not confident but I can assure if you reinstall HSTouch they are all replaced and your own created projects saved (someone quote me wrong!)

Why I say save (you save the XML file under a new name) and deploy is because the updated file is not on the Android client!
    HomeSeer server must be connected to the Designer while doing this.

The magic which pulls your devices and events is within the client app. That's why the author in video in the link I posted earlier dose not want you to alter but anything else is fair game. Look on the left to see your devices and or elements. You can even add to or remove from those screens!

PLEASE NOTE : The links I post on the forums are safe. I have a feeling you not reading my posts because of the links!

The link to the beta HSTouch Designer : https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180150

Eman.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eman; March 4, 2018, 07:06 PM.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

You are free to continue tweaking. As you go along you will find that there are all sorts of things you can do with HSTouch.

There are some good videos on YouTube to inspire you : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b01...gbuyM59dohwvpL

And some of my screens here : https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...16&postcount=8 (The smaller screens are pop up windows which appear in middle).

Remember : the SKINS folder inside the Hstouch folder where you find all sorts other folders.
      If you create your backgrounds, name the folders size type and dump them in there so when browsing inside the designer you choose them instead.

Eman.

Comment

Thanks Eman and Michael,

I have looked over all of your great posts and am now in the process of going over and trying to digest all the great information you have provided me with. I will go through it and see what I can come up with and then get back with you all to give you an update. This is awesome information and I thank you both for taking the time to look into and help me understand what is going on here. Thanks very much and I will get back with you. Looking forward to digging in to this information you have provided me...... Rick

PS. I have looked at the youtube videos regarding homeseer touch and the designer, but they are pretty basic and haven't shed much light on what I am experiencing here.
        Last edited by Rick Bonari; March 4, 2018, 10:43 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Cool man,

And remember this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=8OjKcN8V8I4

Curtesy of HomeSeer!

Is number 1 above all before you even start designing in HSTouch.

Eman.

Comment

My apologies if this was already mentioned. Have you looked at the Custom tab in your Settings in HomeSeer via the local web page interface? There is a Status Icon Set option there. I had icons change on me and had to set that to Classic to get the old style icons consistently. It seemed to change back to Contemporary on at least some upgrades and I got tired of what felt like fighting it so I just went with the new ones.
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
              My apologies if this was already mentioned. Have you looked at the Custom tab in your Settings in HomeSeer via the local web page interface? There is a Status Icon Set option there. I had icons change on me and had to set that to Classic to get the old style icons consistently. It seemed to change back to Contemporary on at least some upgrades and I got tired of what felt like fighting it so I just went with the new ones.

BECAUSE NO ONE'S SYSTEM IS THE SAME AS THE OTHER!

The software (HomeSeer) and or HSTouch is provided to you as a TEMPLATE and subject to CHANGE with out notice!

BUT : The author has given you permission to use that template and make it look the way you like but not system wide. So because the software is processing data from a default XML and the locally hosted files he has provided. It's wrong to say, then why then provide two sets of images. The switch is not "persistent" unless expressed by the author.

Things may CHANGE when you get updates. The same applies to HSTouch, the magic script populates the app with your devices and inserts them into the app of course after you input your credentials!
              Other wise it remains as a TEMPLATE.

The difference in HSTouch, he has given you explicit permission to build your own, so a new TEMPLATE and or XML is created and will not be deleted when you get updates!

I think this answers a lot!

WEB HOSTING? NO, BUT SIMILAR!

Eman.
              Last edited by Eman; March 5, 2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Eman,

Just wondering what credentials you are talking about in your previous post? You mentioned the devices weren't populated until you enter your credentials? Thanks again !!!! Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
                  Eman,

Just wondering what credentials you are talking about in your previous post? You mentioned the devices weren't populated until you enter your credentials? Thanks again !!!! Rick

"devices weren't populated"

===> Every event and device on your server in ===> TEXT for you to remotely control!

Notice that all client apps (iPAD, Android and the like) all look the same? ====> TEMPLATE apps.
                  Now before you input your log in details it remains a TEMPLATE app on your Android device. Then even if you put the details it just reads what devices and events are on your server because that's how it has been designed. Because all the files ( XML, images, including other files) which process that information from your server are all on the app side of things, any images you modify on the server side will not be replicated on the app side until you connect your device to the Designer and "deploy" your new improved files.

That's why you don't see the results you want. The files you want to show are simply missing!

Now if you look again at previous post#21 at the bottom where I mention "WEB HOSTING? NO, BUT SIMILAR!"

What I meant by that is, the client apps act as a web server! If the files are missing they won't be shown because they are missing from the data base. Only the ones on the device will be shown because that's how the app designer has set it to do.

Now if you modify anything it should be done in the designer then deployed and things will change because a new XML and images and or other files will be updated inside you Android device. Digging inside the Android folders in not necessary because the same project files are stored in the HSTouch folders in your "My Documents" folder.
                  I don't want to go back telling you how you create or modify the Android _Landscape. XML ====> but here goes ====> Right click that XML and save as RICK_Android_Landscape or whatever you like. The original will be saved as well. Then open up the new one in the designer and modify (play) until the sun comes up Don't worry of breaking anything, the original still remains. Change anything just as shown in that HSTouch video then deploy.
                  But one I thing I keep on emphasizing is studying the HSTouch folders in "My Documents" =====> When you open up the designer they appear in the left top of the designer ready for drag and drop. Everything is done within the designer then DEPLOYED.

NOTE : What I expressed at the beginning, is a one "SIZE FITS ALL"! Let's say if I was to log you out in the default app on your own Tablet, I would be able to use that very tablet to log in to connect to my server and there would be no adverse effect. Everything (Devices and Events) on my server will be presented to me.
                  But if were able give you my personally designed project, it would be useless to you even if I gave you more than the XML file ====> You would have to start from scratch to have my files work for you.

Eman.
                  Last edited by Eman; March 7, 2018, 10:04 AM. Reason: Addtions

Comment

Eman,

Thanks for the explanations !!!!!!! I don't think I am making myself very clear here. When I add devices and graphics using device management page on homeseer computer or add events, I automatically do see them on my Android Clients as expected. I connect the clients through MyHomeseer. When I make changes like this and I deploy the changes to the clients and view the clients all is as I would expect it to be using the default screens. The issue that I am having and don't understand yet is for example when I open up the the Android Landscape Project in the Designer I see all of my devices over to the bottom left of the screen. When I select to view the device screen or event screen I get the following on the screens:

Text

Sample 1
                    Sample 2
                    Sample Select
                    Sample 3
                    Sample 4
                    Sample 5
                    Sample 6
                    Sample 7
                    Sample 8
                    Sample 9
                    Sample 10
                    Sample 11
                    Etc.

I am running the designer on a Windows 10 System and my Homeseer Computer is a Homeseer Pro running HS3 and Windows 7. My question is why do I see the above when I open device and events screens. Why don't I see what I see when I deploy the project to my android clients? This is what is confusing me? Why don't the devices that show up on the bottom left of the designer screen show up in the device and event screens in the designer like they do on the clients as one would expect? Sorry for the confusion but the above does not make sense to me for the default screens? Seems in the designer I should see my devices and events as they are on the client devices that I deploy this project on? Thanks again for hanging in there with me !!!!!! Rick

Comment

It sounds to me like you are using the HSTouch default project. If that is the case, it is a specialized project designed to pull all of the devices images, events, etc. from your HSTouch server. If you change status graphics on your HomeSeer devices, the new images should be shown in the default project. There is no deployment required. The reason you do not see the devices when you open the HSTouch default project in designer is that the devices and lists are universal, they populate from your HSTouch server on the fly. If you add, change or delete a device, those changes are automatically shown on the default project, you only need to close and reopen the app. In looking at the default project in Designer, it takes quite a while to understand how the pages on the client are built. You really need to drill down to understand that they are pulled in and built on the fly.

I've created some virtual devices and added custom status graphics. They are immediately reflected in the default project on my iOS client, all that needs to be done is to restart the client.

Here are the devices

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1195769

Here is the default project

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1195768

Maybe I am not understanding your first post. Maybe you could show some screenshots of what you are describing.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yes,

Easy to do with virtual devices and developer app devices but for devices like X10 with multiple status values the system sets the image =====> My post at #21
                        I don't know if this here :
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=186040 may help but apply with caution!

But also do know if this may be related to what you want to do : https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173934

Eman.
                        Last edited by Eman; March 8, 2018, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Randy,

Am I correct in assuming that the bottom graphic is your default Homeseer touch project deployed on your IOS Device? My default project displays just fine on my clients as you show above. If you open up your HSTouch default project in the DESIGNER what do you see for devices and events screens? What I am trying to figure out is why when I open this default project in the designer do I not see the devices and events showing up like they are on my android devices and how they show up in your post above assuming the bottom graphic is your IOS client screen shot. This may be a moot point but I am trying to figure out what I am looking at in the DESIGNER screens not the screens on my clients. Seems the designer screens should look like the client screens. Hope this helps. if you go into your designer and call up the default homeseer screens project above, what do you see in the designer devices and events screens? For devices and events what I showed above is what I see for events and devices in the DESIGNER. Why don't the devices and events that are created in the Homeseer device management page populate the event and devices pages in the designer screens. This is what I am trying to figure out. Again my Clients show everything as I would expect. Just don't understand why the DESIGNER pages don't show the devices and events as the clients do? Thanks again for hanging in there with me on this. Just trying to understand the designer and Homeseer default project screens better in the designer to be able to modify them. Also, how do I attach screen images from the designer and my clients to these forum posts?....You can see I am a newbee !!!!! Thanks Again....Rick
                          Last edited by Rick Bonari; March 8, 2018, 08:31 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Working...
                          X