Upgrading from HS2 to HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    LOL. I was about to type the exact same thing.
    Me too. I was hoping for something new with it, even some new IVR's. Anything, maybe ask for suggestions. What about the intercom feature, or get the message light to work right. Anything new would be something. HSphone always seems to be set to the side and never gets any updates. Voice response would be really cool. Just a suggestion. A big thanks for keeping it I guess.
    danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L View Post
      Then until there's a way to use the old Centralite plugin (there was mention of an app), then no upgrade for me. Bummer, I was looking forward to HS3Pro.

Kevin
      I have >$20K invested in time and hardware in hardwired Centralite, Aprilaire and Napco.

Guess whether I rip out this expensive infrastructure or HomeSeer HS2/HS3 if the update to HS2 we have been waiting for for _*years*_ doesn't support my lighting, thermostats and security system?

... Marc (~15 years as HS customer)

Comment

Originally posted by hult View Post
        I have >$20K invested in time and hardware in hardwired Centralite, Aprilaire and Napco.

Guess whether I rip out this expensive infrastructure or HomeSeer HS2/HS3 if the update to HS2 we have been waiting for for _*years*_ doesn't support my lighting, thermostats and security system?

... Marc (~15 years as HS customer)
        Exactly. I understand the market may not be large for these plugins, but it's a committment we make to HomeSeer and I expect a committment back. Home systems are not things that can easily be changed. I'm willing to pay additional for the plugin, even though I have Pro. I actually paid for the v2 plugin. Bought it for $99, then upgraded to Pro that included it.

It's funny, if you look back through posts here and elsewhere, it's almost always to go hardwired than wireless. So I invest in a hardwired, homerunned electrical system, and now it looks like all that will be supported is the wireless solutions like Z-Wave.

Kevin

Comment

Setting up Events Sucks

I just sat down and thought I would work on my HS3 some more. I had recreated all my devices. I want to change the pictures yet, but thought I would try some of the events. This is where it really suck, when you are creating an event, you must know all the unit codes you need to turn on or off. Where as before it had pull down menus that gave you a list of all your devices. Why was that removed. That made creating a event so much easier then have to make a list of all your house codes and device number. Am I the only one that thinks this is a pain? A lot of other features I love, like being able to put your own graphic in. We was all excited about seeing HS3, but so far I don't know why. I know they worked hard on it, and cant please every one, but I know this is the first problem I have found that I do not like. Could this be changed or is this the way it will be. It really makes creating an event a real trick.
          danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
            This is where it really suck, when you are creating an event, you must know all the unit codes you need to turn on or off. Where as before it had pull down menus that gave you a list of all your devices. Why was that removed.
            This is absolutely an incorrect statement, the lists of devices by name was not removed.
            Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Show us a picture of what you are trying to do, something is not right.

I just sat down and thought I would work on my HS3 some more. I had recreated all my devices. I want to change the pictures yet, but thought I would try some of the events. This is where it really suck, when you are creating an event, you must know all the unit codes you need to turn on or off. Where as before it had pull down menus that gave you a list of all your devices. Why was that removed. That made creating a event so much easier then have to make a list of all your house codes and device number. Am I the only one that thinks this is a pain? A lot of other features I love, like being able to put your own graphic in. We was all excited about seeing HS3, but so far I don't know why. I know they worked hard on it, and cant please every one, but I know this is the first problem I have found that I do not like. Could this be changed or is this the way it will be. It really makes creating an event a real trick.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This is where it really suck, when you are creating an event, you must know all the unit codes you need to turn on or off. Where as before it had pull down menus that gave you a list of all your devices. Why was that removed. That made creating a event so much easier then have to make a list of all your house codes and device number.
                It sounds like you're selecting "X10: Send X10 Command" as your event action. Instead, select "Control a Device". Then you can select the device you want from a drop down list.

Comment

Originally posted by BrettS View Post
                  It sounds like you're selecting "X10: Send X10 Command" as your event action. Instead, select "Control a Device". Then you can select the device you want from a drop down list.
                  That is correct, that is what I was trying to do. I am really not understanding the difference other then one does gives you the pull done list and that is the one I want. I was only going on the first screen I saw and it asked me for the device code and house code for the device I wanted to turn off. So yes, the list does show up when you use the other command. But again, I am not understanding the difference. There is a lot of great new stuff in HS3 and the more I play with it the more I seem to like it. I have not gotten to view the video of the online class, which I know I should. Thank you and you guys did a great job, just so many new things. I cant wait to change some of my icons, that is what will really be cool. Thanks for your help. Feeling better about it every time I find something new. Sorry for the confusion, and glad it was just something simple.
                  Actually, I just did one and worked out pretty cool, because if you used the device, then it eliminated from the list so you know you have turned on all that you want or off. Is the $99.00 deal still on, I believe I am going for it. Two thumbs up guys.
                  Last edited by danielbo; July 1, 2013, 09:34 PM.
                  danielbo

Comment

Price

Is the upgrade still on sale? I thought it went off, then I thought it was running again. If not will it be on sale again for the upgrade for HS2 pro to HS3 pro for $99.00. Hope so, really finding out a lot of neat stuff I like, cant wait till more of the plug ins are upgraded too. Then HSphone, I know nothing different is going to be add to it, but as soon as its added, I can go live with just HS3 running.
                    danielbo

Comment

But again, I am not understanding the difference.
                      You should use the "Control a Device" action for most of your events. "Control a Device" is not X-10 specific, so if you have Z-Wave devices or devices with other technology the same action will work for all your devices.

The "Send X10 Command" action is more for special situations... if you have a need to send a specific X10 command for some reason you can use that action, but for your day to day use you probably won't use it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        It will be coming soon, we just need to cleanup the UI.
                        Is hs phone live yet?

Comment

Update

I am unsure if I am doing something wrong, maybe find some help. The program HS3 is updating the program itself. But I am getting errors when trying to upgrade the plug ins, Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong. Thanks in advance for any help, I am getting a failure message, not matter what plug in I try to upgrade. Also to throw this in, to upgrade, is it still $99.00 for us that is switching from hs2 to hs3?
                          Thanks again,
                          danielbo

Comment

I am unsure if I am doing something wrong, maybe find some help. The program HS3 is updating the program itself. But I am getting errors when trying to upgrade the plug ins, Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong. Thanks in advance for any help, I am getting a failure message, not matter what plug in I try to upgrade. Also to throw this in, to upgrade, is it still $99.00 for us that is switching from hs2 to hs3?
                            Thanks again,
                            What error are you receiving?

Comment

Not yet, will be a couple of weeks yet.

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                              Is hs phone live yet?

Comment

Errors getting doing update, Nothing I pick is updating.

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                                What error are you receiving?
                                Error downloading file: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found:
                                this was for a upgrade on X10 CM11A/TI103.

Install/Update of package HSTouch failed.
                                This was for update of HStouch

This is just two of them, there was about three more that got the same massage as the one above. Now the HS3 is updating
                                to the new versions.

Also still wondering if the new program is $99.00? Would like to get it, but might be two more weeks.
                                Thanks for any help,
                                Daniel
                                danielbo

Comment

Working...
                                X