This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kideon View Post
    So it's been a couple of weeks since this feature of the year was added, what other recipes have people integrated?
    This represents the current crop of other "connected home" products on IFTTT. If you have any of these, you can use recipes with HomeSeer to control them or be controlled by them. The CATCH is that you must actually HAVE these products to use their respective channels. In other words, I can't publish a Philips Hue <> HomeSeer recipe unless I have the Philips hardware installed and activate their channel first!

So.. the 'ramp up' of recipes will take a little time, as folks begin using the service and adding related channels.
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
      So it's been a couple of weeks since this feature of the year was added, what other recipes have people integrated?

I kind of lost enthusiasm with the discovery of the requirement to subscribe to the premium myhs service if you want more than one iOS device to be able to update location. I am sure I will look at it again at some point.
      cheeryfool

Comment

I have If You enter an area, then open garage working but
        it does not seem to care if you have "And If" in the event

I have this as the event

The garage will try and open even if its already open (it closes)

If anyone knows a way to make that work I can find alot more uses

Thanks,
        Steven G
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by steveng View Post

I have this as the event

Thanks,
          Steven G
          "If this event is manually triggered" events will ignore conditions. What are you trying to do??
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by steveng View Post

I have this as the event

Thanks,

Steven G

Change the trigger (the IF) to be whatever you are using to determine that you are in the area.
            cheeryfool

Comment

Im using a IFTTT recipe
              If IOS enter an area
              Then
              Run Homeseer event

my event is the one above and IFTTT is not an option as an IF for Homeseer (at least that I can see)

I do see what you are talking about on Manuel triggers, so I need to find a way to make it work, as I don't want to have an event that will trigger off the garage status

Should I have options for IFTTT is the Homeseer event IF statement?

Thanks,
              Steven G

Comment

Try it this way:

Create a virtual device for you being home or away and set that value from the ios location recipe in IFTTT

Change your event to trigger on that device "changing and becoming" on/off or home/away etc.
                cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  Here's a very interesting product... and these guys have a channel: http://www.smappee.com/us/

Looks like their sensor and software can differentiate between appliances and other devices based on the power profile of each. So... imaging being able to create a recipe such as...

If Smappee appliance (clothes dryer, microwave oven, etc) turns off, run a HomeSeer event to text me or speak to me.

How cool would that be?
                  Anyone buy one of these and try integrating with HS via IFTTT or any other method. Looks very interesting and seems to have a simple API
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Biggest problem I have seen with trying to do anything via IF is latency. I created a few commands with my Amazon Echo and it worked to do things in HS, but took sometimes 2 minutes. Great if you are leaving or something like that but real time stuff won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                      I'm wishing for a way to get data into a device in HomeSeer.

IF Fitbit sleep logged
                      UPDATE devices XYZ with minutes slept.
                      Moskus, Did you ever figure out how to do this? I have a similar need. I have an Automatic.com device and it sends the ignition on. It sends which vehicle in the ingredients, but I don't seem to have a way to use ingredients when I send it to HS. Right now I would like to be able to determine which vehicle and update the appropriate vehicle-specific device. I would also like to be able to send all of the ingredients to a script. This later would solve the former because I could update the appropriate device from the script.
                      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                      Web Site
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
                        Moskus, Did you ever figure out how to do this? I have a similar need. I have an Automatic.com device and it sends the ignition on. It sends which vehicle in the ingredients, but I don't seem to have a way to use ingredients when I send it to HS. Right now I would like to be able to determine which vehicle and update the appropriate vehicle-specific device. I would also like to be able to send all of the ingredients to a script. This later would solve the former because I could update the appropriate device from the script.
                        Ultrajones announced last month that he's in the planning phase for an Automatic plugin. Take a look at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...91#post1224991.

-Chris

Comment

Morning Coffee

This is sort of convoluted and there might be an easier way to do this but it works for me.

First off my schedule is just highly...screwed up. I work on a six on two off schedule. Except holidays and other major events. Then I might or might not get one day off and then it has to fit in with the three managers that work for me and the other two district managers in my organization lol. Luckily I get my calendar for the entire year in October so it makes it easy to set up Dr appointments, etc. I usually will go through and put "richie off" as an event in my Google Calendar so my family will know.

Anyway, I set up two virtual devices in HS. Richie Work Status and Coffee (the all important coffee.) Richie work status has two controls. Richie Working and Richie Off.

IFTTT checks my google calendar and tells HS to set Richie Work Status based on my schedule.

In Homeseer I set up an event that triggers between 4:45 and 5:15am using the Easytrigger plugin if Richie Work Status is working to turn coffee on. When "Coffee" turns on IFTTT tells my Mr. Coffee (Wemo) to make the coffee.

Going to set up another one to make it later on my off days. My wife doesn't get up too much later than I do but I still like it to be good and hot. The nice thing about the Wemo coffee maker is that if it triggers again for some reason if there's no water in the reservoir or the filter has been taken out for some reason it won't attempt to make it, just send me another message I have set up using events.

Only thing that could make it better would be local control from HS but it still works pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
                            Only thing that could make it better would be local control from HS but it still works pretty well.
                            Me and Fermate is working on a plugin for Smarter.am devices, including a coffee machine.

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Two iPhone Connections?

I have an IFTTT recipe that tells homeseer that I am home based on the iPhone location services and it works very nicely. I have tried to set up my wife's phone to do the same thing connecting with her phone using my myhomeseer login credentials. However, this seems to break my recipe. When I reconnect myhomeseer under my IFTTT recipe then it breaks my wife's IFTTT recipe. So, it seems that she may need a login of her own. However, when I look at myhomeseer premium it seems to say that premium is for multiple systems. I want both my wife's IFTTT and my IFTTT recipes to both work under a single homeseer system.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                                Me and Fermate is working on a plugin for Smarter.am devices, including a coffee machine.

Did you ever get anywhere with this?

Comment

Working...
                                X