This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubleshooting IFTTT

Some folks are not seeing the device list when creating recipes. We are working on that issue now and should have a fix very soon. Stand by!
    Last edited by macromark; April 8, 2015, 03:19 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

If you create a recipe and add HS channel as a trigger or action, and the list of devices says "try again later", that means IFTTT could not connect to your HS system. Most likely the problem is that "No password required for local logins" is NOT enabled. This has to be enabled or it will not connect. We are looking at passing the authorization from IFTTT to HS so you can disable this option.

If the device list is empty, or does not show all of your devices:

The devices have to have the property "ControlUse" set in order for IFTTT to show devices. We need to do this because IFTTT requires us to present a list of triggers first (as opposed to a list of devices) and HS can have hundreds of triggers. We have to list a set of known triggers, which are On/Off/Door lock/Door Unlock. A device needs to be flagged as supporting this trigger and we do this with the ControlUse property. Update to HS3 build 3.0.0.164 or later and edit the device you want to trigger on. On the Advanced tab you can set the ControlUse property if its not already set. Note that the Z-Wave plugin has been doing this for quite a while so your Z-Wave devices should appear in the list. You can also do a rescan in the Z-Wave plugin 3.0.0.217 which will set the ControlUse property for you if its not already set. We have reported this issue to IFTTT and we hope they change their user interface so they allow the device to be chosen first, that way we can supply all available triggers from all plugins.

A workaround for the above issue is to create a virtual device and set this device based on HS triggers. The virtual device will appear in IFTTT and can be used as a trigger.

HS3 build 3.0.0.164 Beta for Windows can be downloaded from here:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_164.exe

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      If you create a recipe and add HS channel as a trigger or action, and the list of devices says "try again later", that means IFTTT could not connect to your HS system. Most likely the problem is that "No password required for local logins" is NOT enabled. This has to be enabled or it will not connect. We are looking at passing the authorization from IFTTT to HS so you can disable this option.
      If we already had "No password required for local logins" and we still get the "Try again later" message?
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Troller ZEE
        tools - device management - I then click on name of device

but in ADVANCED tab, I do NOT see option for "ControlUse"????
        help... please....

Comment

You need to select the graphics tab, not the advanced tab

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by aoz View Post
            Troller ZEE
            tools - device management - I then click on name of device

but in ADVANCED tab, I do NOT see option for "ControlUse"????
            help... please....
            It's not under Advanced, it's under Status Graphics (as stated above). And you need to be running the very latest version, .164, for it to show up.
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

went to graphics, no "controlUse" present.
              I see that I have ver. .147, but it only states that .152 available?
              I am updating to .152, will it hten tell me that .164 is available?
              thanks

Comment

also, as a side note, UPDATE does not complete correctly.
                it states it will redirect me to "deviceUtility" page on update.
                but, when update gets completed, It states "page cannot be displayed"

I then have to shut down whole computer system, power, etc, power down the ZEE, power it back up, then power up the routers, etc.

Problem is that I am USING the system, and not able to power down till tonight, etc, etc....
                any way to make this recover easier??

Comment

The timeout is not quite long enough, depends on how large your system is. Just wait an extra minute and refresh the page. The update automatically restarts the unit, you don't have to do that.

Originally posted by aoz View Post
                  also, as a side note, UPDATE does not complete correctly.
                  it states it will redirect me to "deviceUtility" page on update.
                  but, when update gets completed, It states "page cannot be displayed"

I then have to shut down whole computer system, power, etc, power down the ZEE, power it back up, then power up the routers, etc.

Problem is that I am USING the system, and not able to power down till tonight, etc, etc....
                  any way to make this recover easier??

Comment

update -
                    I am stuck at .152, and now trying to re-see the zwave plug-in, stuck at "initializing z-wave plugin"
                    I give up.....
                    I cannot access my devices now

how to get it to finish initializing? (doing this for 5 minutes, the spinny thing on the web page...)

UPDATE - Still getting error "failed to get InterfaceStatus zwave PlugIn", I can't see my devices....
                    HOW to refresh the list?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by aoz; April 9, 2015, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I just signed up for myHS. It is not working. I did not find much information about how it connects. And I was very confused about the password. I am even more confused about how myHS connects without knowing the IP address address of my HS3 machine. I use remote access exclusively to work with my headless HS3 machine.

Is there more information somewhere about how myHS connects and the involvement of HS3Touch?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Ok, got myHS working. I found some old posts. Now to get IFTTT working!

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I am amongst the people who get the try again later message.

I once got IFFTT to show my list of devices. I think it is possible that my device list is too long, or possibly it has some device with an invalid character, that is throwing things off.

I noticed then when I log into my system with myhs, that the proxy server seem very slow. When I reconnect remotely to my system via it's public ip it appears quickly, so It might be a load issue on the myhs proxy, or possibly a slow internet connection between the service and my homeseer machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                            Ok, got myHS working. I found some old posts. Now to get IFTTT working!
                            Steve Q
                            What did you do to fix your issue? It may help others having issues.

Comment

Originally posted by jusitnh24 View Post
                              I once got IFFTT to show my list of devices. I think it is possible that my device list is too long, or possibly it has some device with an invalid character, that is throwing things off.

Comment

Working...
                              X