This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claude View Post
    That was my first thought, so I went in and set one's Control use to Off (for both values), but still didn't show up in IFTTT. Then, after reading your post, I tried setting the On to Control use On and that appears to have done it.

Yes, you need to assign an equivalent Control Use value to the individual values in your status text section. E.g. On, Closed or Home would be set to On and their partners (respectively, Off, Open, Away etc) would be set to Off
    cheeryfool

Comment

I will just confirm that you do need to set the ControlUse property in order for IFTTT to pick up the devices.

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      Yes, you need to assign an equivalent Control Use value to the individual values in your status text section. E.g. On, Closed or Home would be set to On and their partners (respectively, Off, Open, Away etc) would be set to Off
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Can no longer select events

I have only used ifttt for a few days, but had it working with a virtual device and running a couple of events. The events stopped working so I disconnected homeseer in ifttt, reconnected and in doing so lost all of my recipies for homeseer. Recreated the virtual device recipes and they work ok. But when I try to create the recipes to run an event, I do not see any events in the dropdown list any ideas why?

Comment

Cannot get this working

I don't know what I am doing wrong but I can't get this integration to work at all, on the IFTTT side all I ever get is "Options Unavailable, try reconnecting the homeseer channel" and of course I have tried reconnecting it about 10 times no luck. Other things I have tried:

1. I verified that I can access my homeseer at myhs.homeseer.com remotely using the same credentials as used on IFTTT and it works fine
          2. I verified that my devices have the "control use" property set, many of them do
          3. Under setup --> Network "No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)" is checked
          4. In the logs I see "System connected to MyHomeSeer Service, waiting for acknowledge..." followed by "System connected to MyHomeSeer Service successfully."

These are all of the things I have read to try when looking at these forums but if I am missing something please let me know. Any help someone could give is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
          Blax...

Comment

So you cannot add the HomeSeer channel at the IFTTT site, is that what you are trying? Do you happen to have a premium MyHS account? If so, you need to make sure each login only has access to one system, not multiple.

Originally posted by blaxer View Post
            I don't know what I am doing wrong but I can't get this integration to work at all, on the IFTTT side all I ever get is "Options Unavailable, try reconnecting the homeseer channel" and of course I have tried reconnecting it about 10 times no luck. Other things I have tried:

1. I verified that I can access my homeseer at myhs.homeseer.com remotely using the same credentials as used on IFTTT and it works fine
            2. I verified that my devices have the "control use" property set, many of them do
            3. Under setup --> Network "No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)" is checked
            4. In the logs I see "System connected to MyHomeSeer Service, waiting for acknowledge..." followed by "System connected to MyHomeSeer Service successfully."

These are all of the things I have read to try when looking at these forums but if I am missing something please let me know. Any help someone could give is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
            Blax...
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm trying to have Echo trigger a device with on luck. This is how I have it setup. I have setup my IFTTT account, added a HomeSeer channel and it is connected. I created a do recipe to turn off my family room light. The title is "family room" and when creating the recipe I chose my family room light device in the drop-down. At this point everything is updated and I say "Alexa family room" I can see the lights on Alexa flicker and hear a sound as if she sends the command but nothing happens with the family light. Any idea why this is not working?

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by stinggray View Post
                I'm trying to have Echo trigger a device with on luck. This is how I have it setup. I have setup my IFTTT account, added a HomeSeer channel and it is connected. I created a do recipe to turn off my family room light. The title is "family room" and when creating the recipe I chose my family room light device in the drop-down. At this point everything is updated and I say "Alexa family room" I can see the lights on Alexa flicker and hear a sound as if she sends the command but nothing happens with the family light. Any idea why this is not working?

Craig
                Craig, you need to say "Alexa trigger family room". " Trigger" is the trigger word for IFTTT recipes.

-Chris

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cjohlandt View Post
                  Craig, you need to say "Alexa trigger family room". " Trigger" is the trigger word for IFTTT recipes.

-Chris
                  When I say "trigger family room" that dose not seem to work but if I just say " family room" it seems to work on Echo but dose not make it HS and activate the light. I have attached a link to a short video. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdv8jy9l5n...26.10.mp4?dl=0

Comment

I found out what I was doing wrong. In the IFTTT I setup a DO instead of a IF THEN.

Comment

Missing Events and Devices in IFTTT Dropdowns

I had all of the IFTTT recipes working. Last night an electrical storm caused me to lose my primary zwave controller which is a Homeseer ZStick+. I added the controller back and restored the network ok. But, now none of my IFTTT homeseer recipes are working. I deleted all of my recipes. But, when I tried to recreate my recipes the homeseer event dropdown list has "unavailable try again later. I've restarted HS3 numerous times with no luck. I would try to logout of homeseer in IFTTT. But, I have not found a way to do that yet.

Any ideas?

Comment

I had a similar problem today. Suddenly, none of my Homeseer IFTTT recipes were working. I checked on IFTTT and it asked me to reconnect the Homeseer channel. I am unable to reconnect, however, even though I'm using valid credentials. What's up??

Comment

^ Same!

Comment

Same here
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Here too.
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Same here.
                                No connection to homeseer from IFTTT.
                                If we are suppose to use this for anything, we need stability.

Comment

Working...
                                X