Handheld controller/interface problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handheld controller/interface problems

I recently purchased a five pack of HS-WS100+ switches to replace old switches and have a consistent paddle operation throughout the house. After installing 2 in the kitchen area I found I could not include them in my existing network even after multiple factory reset on the HS-WS. I've even tried three different handheld controllers (a ZTH100, a ZW5303, and a HA07). I know they are older remotes and can't exploit all the function of the HS-WS, but I don't need them.

My network has been in place for over 8 years controlled by an ELK M1 Gold security panel. The zwave interface on the panel is a secondary controller and requires a handheld primary to include units in the network. I do not have HS software running... No PC!

Is there a newer controller controller anyone knows about that will work with the HS-WS100+? Or, do I need to fall back to an older style WS switch and return my HS-WS100s.

Any assistance is appreciated.

I'm guessing you need a Z Wave plus controller, like the. Z Net. That is, controllers are backwards compatible but likely not forward compatible.

Comment

Secondary Controller

Mikedr,

1st, thanks for your reply. Looked at the installation guide for Zee-S2. I don't see (or maybe understand) how I could load my z-wave network config into my security panel. To me. it looks like I would have to rebuild my z-wave network and purchase/install all new Homeseer interfaces for the ones I currently use (wifi and serial). All my current interfaces (wireless and hardwired) are built in or attached to my security panel. Home control events are controlled from logic in the panel. Loading the z-wave net info from a primary controller into the panel's secondary controller provides the needed info on my z-wave devices so the panel can execute events base on either the hardwired side of the panel or z-wave device like a motion sensor. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X