Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP: IFTTT Feature Request

Rick et al,

Can you guys please add an action to your IFTTT service to be able pass in some voice command text. I want to be able to integrate this with the standard IFTTT service in order to be able to support Google Home. Currently, the only way to do this is with 3rd partly IFTTT.

Thanks.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

+1

Comment

Rich has said that the addition of this is currently in the works.
      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
      Web Site
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Great! Thanks.

Comment

It would be great if HS could match a voice command based on the beginning of the command. For example, suppose I want to do various things when the voice command starts with "lights". I already have a script that runs when "lights" is recognized. It toggles the lights on/off in the room where motion was last seen (and, maybe in the future, based on which google home unit heard the command).

Now what would be great would be to have that same script run whenever "lights" is recognized at the beginning of any command. Then the script would figure out what to do based on the rest of the command. "Lights up" would brighten the lights in the room, etc.

That would eliminate the need for a multitude of events that would be needed without this capability.

Comment

Baudi,

I honestly haven't checked this out at all, but bookmarked it because it seemed interesting. You might want to check it out. This is linked to echo, but I'm not sure which HS service that is going through.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184504
            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
            Web Site
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Yep. That's exactly what I'm hoping for. I hope Jon applies his considerable talents to Google Home.

His plugin must depend on Alexa-specific capabilities. I can't find anything in the speech recognition scripting functions that would allow that kind of customization. But maybe I'm missing it...

Comment

Baudi,

I haven't tried this, but my original intent was to try to use the service that is used for echo...

https://myhs.homeseer.com/process_echo/

I have used the one that you got working, however, and it just worked so I haven't looked at the other one much. (/JSON?request=voicecommand&phrase=) However, I do wonder if going through the echo path might provide an ability to use what Jon is working on.

-Tom
                - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                Web Site
                YouTube Channel

Comment

I can't make heads nor tails of this. It looks like it would help, what with being able to process the entire command string, but I don't understand how to use it.

Comment

It occurred to me that the easy way to get an arbitrary string into HS would be to set a virtual device's string property to that string. However, that doesn't seem to be possible. Here's what I found.

According to the help file, the json setdeviceproperty request is:

/JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&property=NAME&value=VALUE

That's incorrect. The request is actually:

/JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&ref=####&property=NAME&value= VALUE

Also, according to Rich, the NAME param for the string property is HSdevString. Trying to set that property (or HS.devString or devString or String) returns { "Response":"ok" } but does not actually set the property.

The only properties I was able to change using this technique were UserNote, Name, Location, and Location2 (spelled and capitalized exactly as shown). The devString property is shown as read only here. That seems to be the case.

So does this help? I don't think so. A change to the value of any of the settable properties does not seem to generate any event of any kind. Nothing appears in the log, and even the TenScripting "Homeseer Events" log doesn't show any activity. I don't think we can trigger a script based on a change to any of those properties.

So the documentation is incomplete and wrong, and Rich's statement is wrong.
                    Last edited by baudi; December 11, 2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

I was looking at the code, so what I posted should work (except what you mentioned about the "ref" parameter, you of course need that).

I will run it on a system and see why its not working.

Originally posted by baudi View Post
                      It occurred to me that the easy way to get an arbitrary string into HS would be to set a virtual device's string property to that string. However, that doesn't seem to be possible. Here's what I found.

According to the help file, the json setdeviceproperty request is:

/JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&property=NAME&value=VALUE

That's incorrect. The request is actually:

/JSON?request=setdeviceproperty&ref=####&property=NAME&value= VALUE

Also, according to Rich, the NAME param for the string property is HSdevString. Trying to set that property (or HS.devString or devString or String) returns { "Response":"ok" } but does not actually set the property.

The only properties I was able to change using this technique were UserNote, Name, Location, and Location2 (spelled and capitalized exactly as shown). The devString property is shown as read only here. That seems to be the case.

So does this help? I don't think so. A change to the value of any of the settable properties does not seem to generate any event of any kind. Nothing appears in the log, and even the TenScriptiong "Homeseer Events" log doesn't show any activity. I don't think we can trigger a script based on a change to any of those properties.

So the documentation is incomplete and wrong, and Rich's statement is wrong.
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Unless setting the string property generates an event, it doesn't really matter whether we can set it or not. Setting it would be just as ineffective as setting UserNote.

What we're trying to do is get an arbitrary string into homeseer and have homeseer trigger an event based on that action. Based on one JSON request. So that a script can process that string and take action based on its contents.

Homeseer appears to defend itself against this very effectively.

If you have an alternative method for doing that, please let us know.

Comment

Unless setting the string property generates an event, it doesn't really matter whether we can set it or not. Setting it would be just as ineffective as setting UserNote.

What we're trying to do is get an arbitrary string into homeseer and have homeseer trigger an event based on that action. Based on one JSON request. So that a script can process that string and take action based on its contents.

You can use easyTrigger to trigger events on a devices string change.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's the options with EasyTrigger:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1188106

I'm thinking that HST should buy EasyTrigger from spud and include that functionality in the base app

Cheers
                            Al
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thank you sparkman and sirmeili. Now if Rich will tell us how to set the string property of a device via JSON, we're golden.

Comment

Working...
                              X