One hour delay ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shill View Post
    It's not just HomeSeer. My Ring channel has the same message, and an hour delay on a doorbell notification is totally useless.
    LOL! I first thought people were pressing the doorbell and running away....

Comment

This thread made me look more closely at IFTTT. It really is pretty bad lately. With HS3, I will only use it if there is no alternative.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        ... I also run a similar log with HS as the trigger and it always triggers exactly when it is supposed to...Cheers
        Al
        Al, could you share the events/scripts/applets you're using to do this heartbeat?
        Last edited by jrfuda; January 18, 2017, 10:27 AM. Reason: typo
        John
        Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
        Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
        HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
        Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I still use IFTTT extensively, but try not to for anything important. I am moving more and more of that stuff over to Tasker and autoremote. HS gets info to my phone and back a hell of a lot faster than IFTTT.

Zapier is much faster than IFTTT unfortunately most of the "smart devices" aren't supported. Mostly services and software, websites, etc. Zapier is also not free if you use it a lot. I am also starting to look into stringify. So far it's much faster than IFTTT.

Also, Stringify lets you set up flows that are much more involved than IFTTT recipes

Comment

Has there been any discussion on HS integrating with Stringify? It's like IFTTT on steroids. It has a much more robust rule engine similar to what most of us would want. Haven't noticed a delay issue on Stringify with other platforms either.

Comment

I am seeing a big improvement in IFTTT response time. They must have upgraded their system. Now, my recipes that are supposed to trigger at a specific time, are actually triggering within seconds of their designated time trigger. [emoji3].

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

This is becoming laughable .... Some of my IFTTT applets inform me of entry and exit events detected by HS3 and notified to my phone. Not only are they delayed (varying from a couple of minutes to 30 or 40 minutes), they don't arrive in the correct sequence! I sometimes get notified of an entry well before the related exit is notified.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfuda View Post
                  Al, could you share the events/scripts/applets you're using to do this heartbeat?
                  If anyone can share how they are doing the heartbeat it would be appreciated. I would like to get a better understanding of the delay as it pertains to my integrations.

thx

Comment

Originally posted by jrfuda View Post
                    Hi John,

Sorry, missed your post. Are you talking about the HS heartbeat or the IFTTT one? The HS one is an event that runs once every hour, 5 minutes after the hour and triggers this script:

Code:
                    Sub Main(ByVal Parms As String)

Dim MyTime As DateTime = Now 
                    	Dim MyString As String = ""
                    	Dim minute As Integer = MyTime.Minute
                    	Dim second As Integer = MyTime.Second
                    	If (minute-5)*60+second = 1 Then 
                    		MyString = "1 second"
                    	Else 
                    		MyString = CStr((minute-5)*60+second) & " seconds"
                    	End If

hs.WriteLogEx("Check 5:00", MyString, "#0000FF")

End Sub
                    The IFTTT one is a modification to the one posted by UltraJones here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...4&postcount=21. I have modified my event that is triggered by IFTTT to also run this script:

Code:
                    Sub Main(ByVal Parms As String)

Dim MyTime As DateTime = Now 
                    	Dim MyString As String = ""
                    	Dim minute As Integer = MyTime.Minute
                    	Dim second As Integer = MyTime.Second
                    	If (minute)*60+second = 1 Then 
                    		MyString = "1 second"
                    	Else 
                    		MyString = CStr((minute)*60+second) & " seconds"
                    	End If

hs.WriteLogEx("IFTTT Heartbeat", MyString, "#0000FF")

End Sub
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1190724

Cheers
                    Al
                    Last edited by sparkman; April 30, 2017, 07:23 PM.
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by norcalhkr View Post
                      If anyone can share how they are doing the heartbeat it would be appreciated. I would like to get a better understanding of the delay as it pertains to my integrations.

thx
                      See my post above.

Cheers
                      Al
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by gaynorc View Post
                        This is becoming laughable .... Some of my IFTTT applets inform me of entry and exit events detected by HS3 and notified to my phone. Not only are they delayed (varying from a couple of minutes to 30 or 40 minutes), they don't arrive in the correct sequence! I sometimes get notified of an entry well before the related exit is notified.

I have an RFID tag in my SUV. When it leaves or returns to the garage, it triggers an HS3 event which triggers an IFTTT event to log the departure/arrival to my iOS Calendar. I have been doing this for about 1 month. For the most part, the calendar entries are within 10 minutes or less from the actual actual arrival/departure. This is good enough for my needs. The calendar entries are simply a reminder. This is way easier and less irritating than getting an email.

Steve Q

Comment

Mine have gone from saying within an hour (completely useless for anything) to within seconds and everything is working again.

Has something recently changed or was it just me with regular 10-20min delays on IFTTT events.

Either way happy chappie again

Comment

I have noticed a similar change lately where ifttt is triggering a bit more quickly, not 100% of the time but enough to make it viable for non critical things

Comment

Same here. When I have it lock my doors at night it's only a 2 or 3 second pause at the very longest.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

exellent idea! but nothing more than an idea!

I just tried this
                                2 Triggers via mail to swich on and off a device.
                                2 events detect the change and send an email to confirm reception

It works... from time to time after 2 minuyes or three hours!
                                Even worse: sometimes, if I send various identical triggers but at various hours when they at last arrive, they arrive simulteanously.

ITTT is absolutely to be avoided!

Comment

Working...
                                X