Google Calendar IFTTT question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Calendar IFTTT question

Ok, so I have IFTTT check to see if my Google Calendar has the word "School holiday" in the title.
    If it does it will turn off a device and the Morning Alarm clock will not go off.

The problem is how I get the device switched on again.

This week in England is half term so the IFTTT correctly triggered the event once on Monday 22nd, as the schools are off for the week, but I have no way of IFTTT turning the device back on when it is not a school holiday.

In the calendar the holiday is listed as a continuous event lasting all week, as opposed to it being stored as a daily trigger. So the event will only be triggered once on the Monday. Therefore I cannot get Homeseer to turn the device back on, on a daily basis without ruining the event.
    I also cannot get IFTTT to turn the device back on if the day doesn't have the word School holiday in the title, as it has to search for something.

Any ideas??

Originally posted by DaveMunn View Post
    Ok, so I have IFTTT check to see if my Google Calendar has the word "School holiday" in the title.

If it does it will turn off a device and the Morning Alarm clock will not go off.

The problem is how I get the device switched on again.

This week in England is half term so the IFTTT correctly triggered the event once on Monday 22nd, as the schools are off for the week, but I have no way of IFTTT turning the device back on when it is not a school holiday.

In the calendar the holiday is listed as a continuous event lasting all week, as opposed to it being stored as a daily trigger. So the event will only be triggered once on the Monday. Therefore I cannot get Homeseer to turn the device back on, on a daily basis without ruining the event.

I also cannot get IFTTT to turn the device back on if the day doesn't have the word School holiday in the title, as it has to search for something.

Any ideas??

A little crude, but would adding a "back to school" calendar item for the first day back enable you to trigger turning your alarm back on?
    cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks Cheeryfool,

It is a little bit crude but it is a good workaround to get over the problem

Thank you very much (why didn't I think of that!!)

Comment

Also, Blade's BLGData PlugIn might help. I do not use it, but it integrates with Google Calendar's in my understanding. However, it is a $40 plugin according to the updater. Might be worth the free trial

https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1146
        cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
        X