Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta 3.0.0.332->356

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
    So I am guessing this is the HSTouch "replacement" that Mark eluded to a couple months ago?? Is moving the plugin to the core application really a replacement? Did HS just complicated things when they need to fix bugs in HSTouch by having to rebuild the whole core?

I have been following this thread from the beginning, and not sure if this was a good move or not (knowing my opinion doesn't matter).
    Giving the HST team the benefit of the doubt, this might be a step toward a new client and/or designer. It would be important for this change to work
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
      I'm assuming that anyone testing this beta is disabling and uninstalling the HSTouch plugin before they upgrade as per the information above as their is no longer any need for it.

I'm running this beta under Raspbian Jessie and Mono 4x and experienced no real problems so far.

I'm guessing most of the problems are arising using Windows OS.
      We are disabling it and removing now, though the information above was ambiguous as to whether we should disable and delete the HSTouch plugin
      Originally posted by rjh
      This version has moved the HSTouch Server plugin functionality into HS3, so the plugin is no longer used and will not be loaded (even if the file exists).
      Nevertheless, I would be curious if Linux users are seeing their HSTouch clients get real time status updates.

Comment

[QUOTE=rprade;1313760]We are disabling it and removing now, though the information above was ambiguous as to whether we should disable and delete the HSTouch plugin

Again this is just my own interpretation from the OP. The plugin functionality is gone so why leave it installed.

I'm only using 3 plugins on my system and all 3 are functioning fine. I know it's a lot more hassle for Windows users to upgrade/downgrade when problems arise testing.

The HSTouch client is definitely operating a lot more efficiently for me with this beta.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
          Originally posted by rprade View Post
          We are disabling it and removing now, though the information above was ambiguous as to whether we should disable and delete the HSTouch plugin
          Again this is just my own interpretation from the OP. The plugin functionality is gone so why leave it installed.

I'm only using 3 plugins on my system and all 3 are functioning fine. I know it's a lot more hassle for Windows users to upgrade/downgrade when problems arise testing.

The HSTouch client is definitely operating a lot more efficiently for me with this beta.
          When you turn a light on or set a dim level within HSTouch, is the device status on the HSTouch client updated immediately? On mine (iPad, iPhone and Android tablets) I can control any device, but the status on the client does not reflect the new status. When I restored 3.0.0.318 and reinstall HSTouch server 3.0.0.68 it all starts working properly. The status updates on HSTouch also cease with server beta 3.0.0.104.
          Last edited by randy; July 4, 2017, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Nevertheless, I would be curious if Linux users are seeing their HSTouch clients get real time status updates.
            It works for me on Linux. Actually, it works better than ever before! And I had issues with most or all beta's since 68..

I am using Windows and Android clients, not IOS.
            stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
              It works for me on Linux.
              I should never have written this. As soon as I posted this I checked my HStouch clients and none of them are reporting status back...

Restarting the clients did not work. Only after a restart of HS3 it started to work again.
              stefxx

Comment

Curious if there is a debug enabler for the HSTouch piece of Homeseer main?
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Loaded .333 and everything seems to be working fine in Windows 10. The only problem I see is with the Honeywell Wi-fi Thermostat plug-in, where I get this on startup:

Initializing plug-in(2): Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Instance::Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)STACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

Comment

48 hours later and it's a thumbs up for HS3 beta .334. Tested 5 different cameras on the HSTouch client. Very little lagging and delay on the images.

As far as I am concerned I've one less plugin to worry about on HS3. The more users that jump on board with the beta testing the quicker the guys at Homeseer can get a final version out there.

I'll leave .334 working away and report back any hiccups if they arise.

Comment

We now use that DLL in HS3 and we install it in the Bin folder. The plugin you are referring to appears to be using that DLL also, but a different version. The plugin author should be installing that DLL in their own bin folder, and I am guessing they are not. I will contact them to let them know.

Originally posted by prnorton View Post
                      Loaded .333 and everything seems to be working fine in Windows 10. The only problem I see is with the Honeywell Wi-fi Thermostat plug-in, where I get this on startup:

Initializing plug-in(2): Honeywell WiFi Thermostat Instance::Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)STACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        We now use that DLL in HS3 and we install it in the Bin folder. The plugin you are referring to appears to be using that DLL also, but a different version. The plugin author should be installing that DLL in their own bin folder, and I am guessing they are not. I will contact them to let them know.
                        Thank you Rich. This is an awesome update!

Comment

I have fixed the Sonos issue. It appears that since the HSTouch stuff is now in HS and not using the plugin API that some passed data is a little different.

I am still baffled on the plugin startup errors though. I took a fresh install of 318, installed some of the plugins from your list, enabled them, then installed 333 of HS and all was fine.

Did you try removing the old HSTouch plugin before starting up? In the next update I will have HS delete that file, it may be causing some issues as HS will load a part of it on startup.

This is a little frustrating and time consuming. I installed .333 over my restored .318 and once again got the error:

[ATTACH]62064[/ATTACH]

And the majority of my plug-ins failing to load:

[ATTACH]62065[/ATTACH]

Then I tried to reinstall on top of .318 with the plug-ins all disabled. Once again the update removed the licensing from HS3 as well as all of my plug-ins.

As a second attempt I copied the backup I made of the reinstalled .332 from Saturday, then put in the scheduler.dll and HS3.exe from .333 in that installation. Still so Sonos spoken events and the HSTouch default project will control devices, but not reflect the changed status. No cameras are shown in the default project.

As a third attempt I copied the 4 new files into my working.318 installation and it still generated the above errors.

Sonos plug-in uses its own speech proxy, but I would have to ask Dirk how it works.

I reinstalled my .318 backup and everything works again.

I will try to take the time to get a debug log from .332 or .333 later.

Comment

I posted an update, version 3.0.0.335 with some fixes, not sure if it fixes all reported issues, but post what you see.

If you see a plugin loading with a Newtonsoft dll error, you can fix this yourself for now. If the plugin has a config.exe file (like HSPI_JowiHue.exe.config), edit that file and make sure "bin" is at the end of the path. For the JowiHue plugin the binpath line needs to be this:

Code:
                            <probing privatePath="bin/JowiHue;bin"/>
                            Same fix can be applied to the Honeywell thermostat plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              I have fixed the Sonos issue. It appears that since the HSTouch stuff is now in HS and not using the plugin API that some passed data is a little different.

I am still baffled on the plugin startup errors though. I took a fresh install of 318, installed some of the plugins from your list, enabled them, then installed 333 of HS and all was fine.

Did you try removing the old HSTouch plugin before starting up? In the next update I will have HS delete that file, it may be causing some issues as HS will load a part of it on startup.
                              Rich;

I did not initially remove the HSTouch application when I updated my production machine from .318 to .332 or later to .333.

I built a fresh VM, copied HS3 v318 over to that machine, deleted the HSTouch executable, then installed the .333 update. I got the same Phase 3 exception error, but all of the plug-ins started.

Jul-05 12:25:39 PM Startup HStouch server started, waiting for clients to connect.
                              Jul-05 12:25:39 PM Error Initializing plug-ins Phase 3 Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              Jul-05 12:25:39 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in UltraECM3
                              Jul-05 12:25:31 PM Z-Wave Starting Z-Wave Polling for Network 003D3410...

It may or may not have been the HSTouch application that caused my plug-ins to fail to start on my production machine, but they did not fail on this test. There is really no way for me to repeat the test without removing the HSTouch application, so we will just have to believe it was at the root of my plug-ins not starting. As expected Sonos still does not work. HSTouch (once configured for the IP of the test machine) still controls any device but does not return status updates to the HSTouch client.

Comment

Can you try your same test with build 335 and see if there is any change? I know the Sonos issue is fixed. I did make a change in regards to status updates so I'd like to see if that change helped.

Rich;

I did not initially remove the HSTouch application when I updated my production machine from .318 to .332 or later to .333.

I built a fresh VM, copied HS3 v318 over to that machine, deleted the HSTouch executable, then installed the .333 update. I got the same Phase 3 exception error, but all of the plug-ins started.

Jul-05 12:25:39 PM Startup HStouch server started, waiting for clients to connect.
                                Jul-05 12:25:39 PM Error Initializing plug-ins Phase 3 Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                Jul-05 12:25:39 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in UltraECM3
                                Jul-05 12:25:31 PM Z-Wave Starting Z-Wave Polling for Network 003D3410...

It may or may not have been the HSTouch application that caused my plug-ins to fail to start on my production machine, but they did not fail on this test. There is really no way for me to repeat the test without removing the HSTouch application, so we will just have to believe it was at the root of my plug-ins not starting. As expected Sonos still does not work. HSTouch (once configured for the IP of the test machine) still controls any device but does not return status updates to the HSTouch client.

Comment

Working...
                                X