Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta 3.0.0.332->356

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
    Are you still looking into the plugin loading issue?
    I was just checking a few files to find a clue. I noticed "HSTouch Server:" was still on the "io_interfaces=" line in settings.ini. After removing this, I was able to start all my plugins again...

My theory is that all plugins after "HSTouch Server:" failed to load. Including restarted plugins as they are added after "HSTouch Server:".

That also explains why some users had succes by removing the plugin before upgrading, as long as they used the "X" on the interfaces page, as that would also clean-up the settings.ini file. Simply removing the HSPI_HSTOUCH.exe doesn't help with that...
    stefxx

Comment

I have posted update 338, please update to that and see if it helps with status updates. If not, enable debug logging and post a log section showing an update.
      Rich,

That fixed my issue. I am able to select and deselect the Detailed Logging flag and status updates continue to work. Hopefully, this will fix the issues others have experienced.

Thanks
      Bob

Comment

Good find!

I have put in a fix and posted an update: 3.0.0.339

I was just checking a few files to find a clue. I noticed "HSTouch Server:" was still on the "io_interfaces=" line in settings.ini. After removing this, I was able to start all my plugins again...

My theory is that all plugins after "HSTouch Server:" failed to load. Including restarted plugins as they are added after "HSTouch Server:".

That also explains why some users had succes by removing the plugin before upgrading, as long as they used the "X" on the interfaces page, as that would also clean-up the settings.ini file. Simply removing the HSPI_HSTOUCH.exe doesn't help with that...
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Installed .338. No change in the Status Updates. Is there any point installing .339

Comment

I have just done a quick test of 338 and it installed ok apart from the plugins not starting I then removed the reference in the settings file and all is ok now.

HSTouch is very fast at loading but the following is happening.

1.The big one for me is that all my event actions are missing which I understand as HS is looking for the plugin that is no longer there. Can we export this and then add them to the new built in version?

2.Cameras load ok on to the screen but then the client crashes and there is an error in the log:

Jul-07 20:12:40 Error DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to find assembly 'HSPI_HSTOUCH, Version=3.0.0.80, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Source=mscorlib

3.I do not have control of all devices but I only did a quick test with this and then went back as I ran out of time.

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Good info - thanks!
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Do you mean "no change" in that clients are NOT updating still?

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                Installed .338. No change in the Status Updates. Is there any point installing .339

Comment

Do you mean just HSTouch event actions, or all event actions?

Can you email me your HomeSeerData.hsd file so I can have a look. All event actions, including HSTouch actions, should still be there.

In regards to clients crashing, is this Windows HSTouch clients?

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                  I have just done a quick test of 338 and it installed ok apart from the plugins not starting I then removed the reference in the settings file and all is ok now.

HSTouch is very fast at loading but the following is happening.

1.The big one for me is that all my event actions are missing which I understand as HS is looking for the plugin that is no longer there. Can we export this and then add them to the new built in version?

2.Cameras load ok on to the screen but then the client crashes and there is an error in the log:

Jul-07 20:12:40 Error DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to find assembly 'HSPI_HSTOUCH, Version=3.0.0.80, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Source=mscorlib

3.I do not have control of all devices but I only did a quick test with this and then went back as I ran out of time.

Greig.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    Good find!

I have put in a fix and posted an update: 3.0.0.339
                    Glad I could help. Now that most of the issues are resolved and the new event export/import function in the Labs section, I am very happy with my HS3 system since a long time.

Because of the event export/import, I could finally move to my new system, enable a few plugins that required Mono 4, and it seems the system is a lot more stable with this version of Mono.

And HSTouch is really, really fast now!

Thank you! And I am confident Rich will fix the HSTouch update issue as well! Thanks again!
                    stefxx

Comment

Do you mean just HSTouch event actions, or all event actions?

Can you email me your HomeSeerData.hsd file so I can have a look. All event actions, including HSTouch actions, should still be there.

In regards to clients crashing, is this Windows HSTouch clients?
                      No problem. Do you want it before or after the update?

Yes this is the windows client. I think this is a problem with the H.264 foscam as the others look ok.

Greig.
                      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Hold on, found one of the issues, and the fix might fix all of them.

After you start HS, copy over the HSPI_HSTouch.exe file to your HS folder, you events should now work. See if the other issues are still there.

Right now HS deletes that file at startup, I thought it was causing the "plugins not starting" issue, but it wasn't. It appears that the plugin still needs to be in the HS folder for reference purposes. I will post an update.

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                        No problem. Do you want it before or after the update?

Yes this is the windows client. I think this is a problem with the H.264 foscam as the others look ok.

Greig.

Comment

I posted a 340 update, but this update is mainly for new users trying the beta as I removed the code that deletes the HSPI_HSTouch.exe file. Turns out you need to keep that file if you have any events with HSTouch actions. You can delete the file if you don't have any HSTouch actions, or are creating new ones.

Comment

.339 fixed mine. I have been unable to find any problems. HSTouch is much faster, status updates are nearly instant, cameras all work. I will report back if i find anything, but this camper is happy again.
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Do you mean "no change" in that clients are NOT updating still?
                              Yes clients are not updating the device status

Comment

Make sure you have HSPI_HSTOUCH.exe in your HS folder.

Yes clients are not updating the device status

Comment

Working...
                                X