change an icon/string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change an icon/string

I've searched and tried different options. Ive not been able to change the icons for ds10 devices. However, i was able to change the string on 1 device by adding status text for values 0 and 100. However, when trying to recreate that for other existing devices, it wouldn't work and would resort back to "normal" and "alert" despite setting up a Status Texts. Any input is appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ; November 6, 2017, 06:36 PM.

I believe you can change the icon in the [HS3 root]\html\images\BLRF folder
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I think you're suggesting to just take the preferred Icon and rename it to alert.gif in the BLRF directory. That might work but I have different icons for "alert" depending on the device (e.g. - window vs door).

See below for what I'm trying to do. I am changing the status graphic but its not changing the actual icon on the web interface or on HStouch on my phone. I have done this for z-wave devices (i.e. - change the icon and status text using this method).

Any suggestions?
      Attached Files

Comment

Ah I see what you want to do now. This would require me to change the plugin as the plugin is controlling those device icons.
        You could add a feature request on my web site for this
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Perfect. Will do. Thanks.

Comment

+1.

Just getting ready to buy after trial but I also found it strange to try mapping labels and images in the plug-in (Security device) rather then the built-in HS UI.

Comment

Try out the new build in the HS3 updater

There is a new option on the options page called

Use security icons for devices

You will want to turn it off and then try using your own icons for the security devices.
              You will need to use a device value of 0 for Normal and 100 for alert
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

That was fast...

Thanks Blade.

Comment

You will have to test it out and let me know if there are any issues
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

partial success

For a split second, when refreshing device manager, I saw one of my icons as i set up on the device manager, pop up but quickly disappeared. Whats also odd is that two devices had partial success. You can see that the status text for the bottom two devices changed as hoped but the icons didnt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1192872

Comment

Can you capture me a debug log of this happening so I can see what is going on
                      Attach the BLRF-Detailed.log zipped
                      It is in your hs3 root folder
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

SOLVED

The changes do not show until you activate the device. I couldn't figure out why some devices updated and other didn't. Once the device is activated/changes state, the icon and the status text updates to whatever you may have designated on each device. Thanks Blade.

Comment

Is it possible to customize the status graphics for the MS10 Motion Sensor?

Comment

Currently only the security devices can be customized
                            Add a feature request on my site for this
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Working...
                            X