Very basic question about flag values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very basic question about flag values

This evening I created a new flag in pcaccess, then disabled and re-enabled the OMNI plugin on the HS3.

The new flag was created in the PI just fine, but it and all the other existing flags now show range values of 0-255. Rather than providing an "on" and "off" button, and having value possibilities of either 0 or 1 for off or on, there is now a slider control on the device management page.

My memory may be failing me, but I'm sure that prior this evening the flags could only be either 0 or 1, and all had "on" and "off" buttons rather than 0-255 and a slider. Maybe at some point in the past I went through and edited all of my flag settings....but memory fails me.

Is this how the flags are supposed to be set up? If I want to set a flag on or off manually in HS3, it seems illogical to use a slider. A flag is binary, right?

Tom

Flags always start with a Slider and have to be edited to have On/Off.

Comment

Yeah, it looks like I totally misread the protocol docs. Flags are indeed 0=Off and Non-Zero=On
      You can edit the Status Graphics page like Barry said and create on/off.
      I'll add this to my list.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

OK then so I'm not crazy. Well, maybe.

I must have gone through each one and edited some time ago. Will this happen every time I disable and then re-enable the PI, or is it just when I create a new flag?

Comment

...and when did the PI start including the OMNI unit number along with the name of the flag/button/unit name that it creates?

I swear that before the flag name would be FRONT DOOR LIGHT but now it's FRONT DOOR LIGHT (411). Am I experiencing the effects of advancing age, or is this something new?

All of the events that use the flags/buttons/units are working fine because they all also have the number as part of the name, but I'm thinking that I'm losing it here.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post
            ...and when did the PI start including the OMNI unit number along with the name of the flag/button/unit name that it creates?

I swear that before the flag name would be FRONT DOOR LIGHT but now it's FRONT DOOR LIGHT (411). Am I experiencing the effects of advancing age, or is this something new?

All of the events that use the flags/buttons/units are working fine because they all also have the number as part of the name, but I'm thinking that I'm losing it here.

Tom
            I checked my git comments and it looks like March 2016 Flag support was added March 2016 and the code to append the flag id is in there.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              I checked my git comments and it looks like March 2016 Flag support was added March 2016 and the code to append the flag id is in there.
              Wow I gotta quit forgetting to take my memory pills.

Comment

Working...
              X