HSTouch Port Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Port Change

Anyone have some direction on changing the port address for HSTouch (not the web server)? I am having REAL issues with 10200 - my router claims that port is taken when I try to set up port forwarding so that I can access my system remotely with an iPad.....
    I cannot find what service has reserved port 10200 - everywhere I look - but the router will not let me use it.
    your assistance is GREATLY appreciated!!
    Last edited by krugmeister; March 20, 2011, 06:28 PM.

What mfg of router are you using?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

It is a NETGEAR WNDR3700

Comment

There is an entry in the HSTouch help file I think for this, but basically you add an entry in the INI file for the HSTouch plugin and restart the plugin and it should work...

Comment

THANK YOU, mrhappy!
          I did, indeed find the information in the Help file with reference to the .ini file modifications.
          now I'm feeling like mrhappy myself - thanks again

Comment

You will also need to change the port in the client settings as well.
            Attached Files
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the additional "nudge"

Comment

Resumed - and having issues

OK, so I had thought all was well - I have been away and now am back working with the system. My HSTouch Client is working well it appears - connectivity established.
                But the HSTouch Designer does not connect. I verify the Connection Defaults are set using the proper IP address and "adjusted" Port settings (I cannot use 10200 so had to use another free port)
                When I select "OK" it attempts to connect and then I get a dialog box which says "Unable to connect to the HomeSeer server.............No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it - 192.168.1.2:10200"

That makes me think it is trying to use the default ip address and port settings, though the default shows different.

I have attempted this on a networked PC and also on the same PC the HSPro is running on - same results....
                Again - the client works well (on the local and networked PCs) - and I am able to connect locally and remotely using an iPad with those same settings....

ideas?

thanks again.....
                Last edited by krugmeister; March 18, 2011, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Are you running the latest version of all of the parts? HSTouch plugin, designer and clients?
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am running -

HSPro - v2.5.0.20
                    HSTouch Server - v1.0.0.42
                    HSTouch Server Unlimited - v1.0.0.1
                    HSTouch Client - v1.0.0.57

funny though -
                    When the Client and Designer first start up, it shows they are both running v1.0.0.57.
                    When I look at the Setup/Interface screen, its shows the HSTouch Server as v1.0.0.42

I uninstalled HSTouch Designer/Client and downloaded the (seemingly same) file from HomeSeer which show to be v1.0.0.57 and 1.0.0.33 respectively.

I sure hope you see something wrong with the info I've provided - this is very frustrating, really making no sense to me and handicapping my ability to use the system beyond the "vanilla" screens provided.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

OK - I seem to have figured out what is happening (sort of)

I am able to connect when I have one of a few different .xml configurations, BUT, when I choose to open the default ipad2 (default when loaded from the iTunes app and also included in HSTouch Projects)
                      I get the error listed above - it will not connect and looks to ignore the settings I have stored in Connection Defaults under HS Touch.

The other project files, when opened, seem to allow connection with no issue.

The iPad.xml also allows connection with the only issue being I cannot see my devices under View Devices or any connections showing under DEPLOY (another issue)

any ideas?
                      Last edited by krugmeister; March 19, 2011, 08:14 PM.

Comment

All seems well as I also had an issue with the "pointer" referring back to the demo server - once deleted, and all things looking towards my own system, it appears resolution has been achieved.

many thanks to all involved -

(one happy homeseer novice)

Comment

Working...
                        X