This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    I created a new user for backitud. added ID that HS created to the phone and ran the test. Phone acknowledged it was sent ok, but log says the user is inactive. where do you enable the user in the PI?
    Paul..
    Attached Files

Comment

Paul, I am experimenting very strange behavior since update .155. One of the issue is that when I add a user, it does not show up in the "user" page, I had to restart the PI in order for it to show up in the list. That's why I ask about enabling the user, since it wasn't showing up I couldn't enable it.

the city and zip device show no info, although it does give me actual coordinates on my location. there is no info in the history page.
      Last edited by Rotech; December 22, 2015, 06:13 PM.
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Ok, found problem with not logging info. Did not have logging option enabled. I made a know place called home, but it always show not near when I am actually home.
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I'm experiencing an issue with the nearest place device. They work just fine, showing the nearest known place by name until I rebuild the child devices. Once they are rebuilt all I get is a number followed by the letter "m". I have no clue what this means. It doesn't seem to represent the number of miles to the nearest known place which was the first thought that sprang to mind.

See attached:

UPDATE:

It just changed from 23 m to 15 m........ I haven't gone anywhere.........
          Attached Files
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
            I'm experiencing an issue with the nearest place device. They work just fine, showing the nearest known place by name until I rebuild the child devices. Once they are rebuilt all I get is a number followed by the letter "m". I have no clue what this means. It doesn't seem to represent the number of miles to the nearest known place which was the first thought that sprang to mind.

See attached:

UPDATE:

It just changed from 23 m to 15 m........ I haven't gone anywhere.........
            I'm away from home until tomorrow evening but I can see what the problem is here from your screenshot.

The value being shown is the position accuracy and not the nearest known place. I suspect I got something wrong in the rebuilding of child devices.

I'll get it fixed on my return.

Paul..

Comment

Paul, I am experimenting very strange behavior since update .155. One of the issue is that when I add a user, it does not show up in the "user" page, I had to restart the PI in order for it to show up in the list. That's why I ask about enabling the user, since it wasn't showing up I couldn't enable it.

the city and zip device show no info, although it does give me actual coordinates on my location. there is no info in the history page.
              Hi Hector,

I had an email from Randy explaining the issue with adding of users. As I said in my last post, I'm away until tomorrow evening but nevertheless I think this issue may be related to your HS3 installation somehow otherwise more users would be reporting it.

I'll contact you when I get back home and see if we can resolve this and any other issues you're having with the plug-in.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                I'm away from home until tomorrow evening but I can see what the problem is here from your screenshot.

The value being shown is the position accuracy and not the nearest known place. I suspect I got something wrong in the rebuilding of child devices.

Paul..
                Nice! Accuracy makes sense. It appears as though the nearest place and accuracy have been swapped. Also an interesting tidbit that I notice once investigating is that some of my users, well one at least, has no accuracy device. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

This plugin is stellar.
                Originally posted by rprade
                There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Paul..
                  Yep, I have this also...
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I've just uploaded version 3.0.0.156 which fixes the issue with incorrect naming of accuracy and / or nearest known places.

Delete both the accuracy (PHLCAC) and nearest known place (PHLCNK) devices for any affected users from the main HS3 device utility page, then on the PHL tab of the root device for that user, click the rebuild child devices button.

Hector:
                    I'm at home now so I can take a look at your issues whenever it suits you. Please bear in mind that I'm in the UK so we may have to find a mutually suitable time.

Paul..

Comment

Paul, I resolved the issue by adding the user and restarting the PI. Other than that issue, All is working ok. If I need to add any other user I know what to do, unless your really would like to know what's going on.

Maybe if I install .156, that can fix anything that has been corrupted, what do u think?
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I've just uploaded version 3.0.0.156 which fixes the issue with incorrect naming of accuracy and / or nearest known places.

Delete both the accuracy (PHLCAC) and nearest known place (PHLCNK) devices for any affected users from the main HS3 device utility page, then on the PHL tab of the root device for that user, click the rebuild child devices button.

Paul..
                        After installing .156 I noticed that I dont have device "PHLCNK" is this normal?
                        Attached Files
                        Hector
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Sorry Hector, I missed your posts as I went to bed.

If you click the Rebuild Child Devices button within the PHL tab for that user it should add any missing devices.

I don't know what is causing devices not to display within the HS3 main device view and on the plug-in user list page without a re-start. I can't see how it can be plug-in related because there would be lots of users with the same issue.

Does this happen when adding new devices from any other plug-in?

Paul..

Comment

Sorry Hector, I missed your posts as I went to bed.

If you click the Rebuild Child Devices button within the PHL tab for that user it should add any missing devices.

I don't know what is causing devices not to display within the HS3 main device view and on the plug-in user list page without a re-start. I can't see how it can be plug-in related because there would be lots of users with the same issue.

Does this happen when adding new devices from any other plug-in?

Paul..
                            Paul, befor psting it here I already did a rebuild and that all I got. I don't have the device PHLCNK and even before the up date I didn't have it either....
                            Hector
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Paul, befor psting it here I already did a rebuild and that all I got. I don't have the device PHLCNK and even before the up date I didn't have it either....
                              Not sure what's happening Hector. I just deleted the nearest known place and the accuracy devices from a Backitude user and then clicked the rebuild child devices and they were added back without issue.

Can you hit the rebuild child devices button for the affected user and then have a look in the HS3 log. You should see something like this:

Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (ConfigDevice) Rebuilding device lists following rebuild of child devices for device [1488]
                              Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (DeviceConfig) Added missing Nearest Known type child device: 1502 for user: 1488.
                              Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (DeviceConfig) Added missing Accuracy type child device: 1501 for user: 1488.
                              Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (DeviceConfig) Found Course type child device: 1500 for user: 1488. Skip.
                              Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (DeviceConfig) Found Altitude type child device: 1499 for user: 1488. Skip.
                              Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (DeviceConfig) Found Speed type child device: 1497 for user: 1488. Skip.
                              Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (DeviceConfig) Found Loc timer type child device: 1495 for user: 1488. Skip.
                              Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (DeviceConfig) Found Longitude type child device: 1494 for user: 1488. Skip.
                              Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (DeviceConfig) Found Latitude type child device: 1493 for user: 1488. Skip.
                              Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (DeviceConfig) Found Post Code type child device: 1492 for user: 1488. Skip.
                              Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (DeviceConfig) Found Country type child device: 1491 for user: 1488. Skip.
                              Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (DeviceConfig) Found City type child device: 1490 for user: 1488. Skip.
                              Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (DeviceConfig) Found Street type child device: 1489 for user: 1488. Skip.
                              Dec-23 12:12:14 PHLocation (ConfigDevice) Rebuild child devices called for root User device [1488]
                              If you have TeamViewer or something similar, maybe I can take a look at your system and see if I can establish the issue.

Paul..

Comment

I sent you a email thru the forum, let me know if u got it.
                                Hector
                                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                                X