Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monoprice ZWave Plus Wall Socket Plug-in (with 2 USB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monoprice ZWave Plus Wall Socket Plug-in (with 2 USB)

I picked up one of these from Monoprice. Nice to have power control and usb charging in one.

It got included successfully and it does get recognized with the correct picture in HS. Nice! I opened the little configuration guide and I found that it has quite a few device settings. Unfortunately, they aren't listed in the HS ZWave configuration page for the device. It only has one setting. . .how to respond to the all on / all off command.

I assume these have to be added into the definition of the ZWave devices somehow to show up in the device config? I am documenting the setting here in case they can be added.

The Configuration options it offers:

Overload Protection:
    Parameter #: 20
    Default: 1
    Parameter Size: 1byte
    0 - Overload protection disabled
    1 - Overload protection enabled

Status Memory:
    Parameter #:21
    Default: 0
    0 - Remembers previous state at power loss
    1 - Always On when restored
    2 - Always Off when restored

Load Status Change Notification:
    Parameter #:24
    0 - Notifications disabled
    1 - BASIC REPORT sent when power load changes
    2 - BASIC REPORT sent when power load changes with non Z-Wave command

LED Indicator Modes
    Parameter #:27
    0 - LED on when powered on, off when powered off
    1 - LED on when powered on, turns off after 5 seconds without Z-Wave command or button press

Absolute Threshold of Power Report:
    Parameter #:151
    Default: 50 (watts)
    Parameter Size: 2bytes
    0 - Power report disabled
    1 - 65535 - Number of watts by which the load must change to trigger a power report

Percentage Threshold of Power Report:
    Parameter #:152
    Default: 10 (%)
    0 - Power report disabled
    1 - 255 - Percentage the power load must change to trigger power report

Power Report Interval:
    Parameter #:171
    Default: 30 (seconds)
    Parameter Size: 4bytes
    0 - Interval disabled - allows power report to be send when power load changes
    5 - 2678400 - Number of seconds before another power report is sent

Energy Report Interval:
    Parameter #:172
    Default: 300 (seconds)
    0 - Interval disabled - allows energy report to be send when power load changes
    5 - 2678400 - Number of seconds before another energy report is sent

Voltage Report Interval:
    Parameter #:173
    0 - Interval disabled - allows voltage report to be send when power load changes
    5 - 2678400 - Number of seconds before another voltage report is sent

Electricity Report Interval:
    Parameter #:174
    0 - Interval disabled - allows electricity level report to be send when power load changes
    5 - 2678400 - Number of seconds before another electricity level report is sent

If you want HS to expose those settings, then I would suggest sending them this info in an enhancement request in Bugzilla, coupled with an email to support at homeseer dot com. You should be able to manually adjust those settings using the Set Configuration Parameters section available under Settings. I really wish they didn't have this stuff hard coded in the plugin. External config files for each type of device would be much better IMHO.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      If you want HS to expose those settings, then I would suggest sending them this info in an enhancement request in Bugzilla, coupled with an email to support at homeseer dot com. You should be able to manually adjust those settings using the Set Configuration Parameters section available under Settings. I really wish they didn't have this stuff hard coded in the plugin. External config files for each type of device would be much better IMHO.

Cheers
      Al
      Hm. True. I stopped using Bugzilla when they started only allowing you to see your own reports since it became much less useful. I really would like to see these options exposed. I am always concerned about setting options manually. Seems confusing that it tells you the range doesn't start at 1, but instead negative numbers for a 1byte option. I tried setting one yesterday, but not sure if I did it right.

Definitely would be nice if there was a config file instead. . .not sure why it has to be hard-coded, but maybe there is a good reason.

Comment

Added enhancement request to Bugzilla
        http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=3437

Comment

I looking into purchasing a couple of these. Curious what the Report stuff is all about. What devices appear for this module once added in HS3?

Thx!
          HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
          Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Wow...good price.

Comment

Anyone using these with HS today? I am looking at getting a few of these to replace some modules I lost during Harvey last year, but don't want to buy them if they do not work with HS yet...:-)

Comment

I just purchased a few of these and they seem ok. I like that the USB outlets stay powered when the switch is off.

Unfortunately tonight I noticed that if it is turned on locally, via the push-button, its status doesn't get reflected in HS3.

Anyone else seeing this?
                ​​​​​​​
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-08-12 02_53_13-Corel PHOTO-PAINT X6 - Untitled-3.cpt.png
Views:	153
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	1239776
                Last edited by Panamon; August 12, 2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Did you remember to set the polling in the device properties?
                  I just installed a Z-Wave switch in my garage (my first Z-Wave wall switch) and it wouldn't reflect local control until I set the poling in the device properties under the Z-Wave tab.
                  Dan-O
                  HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
                    Did you remember to set the polling in the device properties?
                    I just installed a Z-Wave switch in my garage (my first Z-Wave wall switch) and it wouldn't reflect local control until I set the polling in the device properties under the Z-Wave tab.
                    I've read that you should poll as little as possible to preserve Z-Wave network health. Also, the way I understand polling, is that you'd set intervals of time between polls and I'd like it to reflect its status as soon as it gets pressed locally. The root device always updates. It's the child that does not so I've had to create events that monitor the root device and force the child devices to poll. These are Z-Wave Plus modules and should show their status instantly in HS3 without having to depend on user created events to update their status for them.

I've started a new thread about this issue. Please check it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X