HomeSeer & Google Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer & Google Home

HomeSeer "Direct Action" integration with Google Home is nearing release. If you watched Google IO today, you may have caught a glimpse of our logo mixed in with the other smart home partner logos. If not, you can see if now on this page: https://madeby.google.com/home/partners/
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Awesome! Probably felt great to see your hard work presented to the world!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post
      Awesome! Probably felt great to see your hard work presented to the world!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Thanks and yes... it's good to be part of their smarthome launch
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This is good news!

Can somebody give me a heads up on cost vs. capability?

My Dot is quite affordable at $50, the Google Home is less so at $130.

How do the features compare and will they happily coexist in the same home?
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

That's awesome! I don't see HomeSeer in the "Add devices" list yet. Do you have an idea of when we can expect it?

Comment

Still not clear on this. Does one need an internet connection for this, or can it communicate thru the LAN?

Originally posted by macromark View Post
            HomeSeer "Direct Action" integration with Google Home is nearing release. If you watched Google IO today, you may have caught a glimpse of our logo mixed in with the other smart home partner logos. If not, you can see if now on this page: https://madeby.google.com/home/partners/
            Don

Comment

Google Home is cloud based and similar to the Amazon Alexa relating to digital assistant functions.

Both devices transport to the internet is via your home LAN to WAN router.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

So, we will be able to do the same things the bridge does, only better with "Turn X light on"? And we won't have to start with "Tell Homeseer to...."? Oh Boy! That will be a great day.

Subscribing!!!

Comment

Wait...I just watched this Google I/O video. You mean we'll be able to trigger Homeseer via the mobile version of Assistant, without having a Google Home?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDI0H9F08n8

Comment

It could bring homeseer to a next level, looks like is a game changer...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never used google assistant how will this compare to using homeseer with homekit

Comment

If you don't have to say "tell HS to" that will be the end for my echo!!
                        Hector
                        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I'm curious to why you say end of echo. In your mind why is google home better? I have only bought one echo dot so far because I wonder which one is better. Also wonder what apple will come out with. You already can use amazon dot with homeseer without saying Alexa tell homeseer. you can say Alexa turn on light
                          Last edited by csullivan2005; May 21, 2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

one thing to keep in mind is that sonos already announced it will work with Alexa. to sure if this will be true with google home and if will when that will be since its taking forever for it to work with Alexa

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
                              I'm curious to why you say end of echo. In your mind why is google home better? I have only bought one echo dot so far because I wonder which one is better. Also wonder what apple will come out with. You already can use amazon dot with homeseer without saying Alexa tell homeseer. you can say Alexa turn on light
                              I have both, and while the Echo is still hanging around because it's easier to control homeseer with the native API, the Home is better in pretty much every other way. Language processing, search results, integration with other google services, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X