Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    You can only link one HS user at a time. However, if you have the MyHS premium account you can add more users, then you can use a different user on each phone and do what you want.
    Bought the premium MyHS account and can confirm this works as claimed. Have 4 users and each is able to use Google Assistant on the phone for voice control, as well as voice control on the GH Speakers under their own google account. Individualised nicknames work as well.
    Last edited by ; November 2, 2017, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Hi Folks,

Black Friday assisted me in finally taking the plunge with a Google Home Mini.

I'm running into an issue I see that has been brought up in this thread, but haven't seen a conclusive solution.

I was able to setup the mini via the Google Home app, and that's all good. When I then attempt to add the Homeseer "device", I enter myHS credentials, screen flips back, a banner at the bottom says "successfully connected to Homeseer"... but nothing shows up in the list (other than my GH mini).

I read that some people in Canada were experiencing this (I too am in Canada). I also had only enabled one device for Voice commands, but also did a global remove... then re-did the one device (re-adding HS on GH each time).

Still nothing showing up, nor google able to control the light ("I can't help with that").

I'm running: HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368 (Windows)

Too bad I'm not getting the perfect out-of-the-box experience many have, but I'm hoping someone can assist.

thank you!
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dhalsall View Post
        Hi Folks,

Black Friday assisted me in finally taking the plunge with a Google Home Mini.

I'm running into an issue I see that has been brought up in this thread, but haven't seen a conclusive solution.

I was able to setup the mini via the Google Home app, and that's all good. When I then attempt to add the Homeseer "device", I enter myHS credentials, screen flips back, a banner at the bottom says "successfully connected to Homeseer"... but nothing shows up in the list (other than my GH mini).

I read that some people in Canada were experiencing this (I too am in Canada). I also had only enabled one device for Voice commands, but also did a global remove... then re-did the one device (re-adding HS on GH each time).

Still nothing showing up, nor google able to control the light ("I can't help with that").

I'm running: HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368 (Windows)

Too bad I'm not getting the perfect out-of-the-box experience many have, but I'm hoping someone can assist.

thank you!
        Dave
        Make sure that your voice activated device have correct "control use" for on/off/dim declared in "Status Graphics" tab so Google can understand it's a valid device. Working both with virtual device as a real device.

You can also check that your device is listed in Active Voice Commands by typing http://yourhsip/voice
        Attached Files
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Thank you Tonlof.

The /voice page is very good to know!

This is what I'm seeing there, I think it's all good on the HS side. I assume they locations should be appearing in the Google Home Device (or Room) page? I've shown what's displayed on the Device page - which never changes after I add Homeseer (and login credentials, and it says "successfully connected...",etc.).

Thanks,
          Dave
          Attached Files

Comment

Service

I've tried out the latest GH integration and like others on here feel it's quite limited only being able to control lights and switches compared to Alexa. I realise that Google only allow one integration and HS opted to switch from a Service to Home Control, however now Google Assistant has shortcuts I can't help thinking that going back to the Service might be a better solution giving us both the 'power users' option using the command 'tell homeseer to..' and for basic commands we could create shortcuts for turning specific lights/switches on/off etc without having to say tell homeseer to. I've tried the IFTTT integration which works but is of course only one-way without the ability to speak a response from homeseer. Saying this though I joined the GH party late in the day so never got the chance to try the old Service integration before it got replaced so I don't know how it performed. What's everyone else's view on this?

Comment

Originally posted by robyo View Post
              I've tried out the latest GH integration and like others on here feel it's quite limited only being able to control lights and switches compared to Alexa. I realise that Google only allow one integration and HS opted to switch from a Service to Home Control, however now Google Assistant has shortcuts I can't help thinking that going back to the Service might be a better solution giving us both the 'power users' option using the command 'tell homeseer to..' and for basic commands we could create shortcuts for turning specific lights/switches on/off etc without having to say tell homeseer to. I've tried the IFTTT integration which works but is of course only one-way without the ability to speak a response from homeseer. Saying this though I joined the GH party late in the day so never got the chance to try the old Service integration before it got replaced so I don't know how it performed. What's everyone else's view on this?
              I'm new to this game too... But as I still can't get GH to connect, I'm thinking maybe I should buy into the Amazon solution instead.

Can anyone confirm what I should see in GH's device / room lists after a successful connection. I'm still seeing zilch (as per pics above).

Also, regarding GH vs Alexa / Echo... Should both be able to be used as "speaker devices" to make announcements through? If so, are they equally cumbersome to make that work? (Or is it straight forward and directly accessible via HS)? Is one better over the other for this?

Sorry if that's a really old question, but I'm not seeing any success yet and feel like I'm missing the simple solution

Dave

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, regarding GH vs Alexa / Echo... Should both be able to be used as "speaker devices" to make announcements through? If so, are they equally cumbersome to make that work? (Or is it straight forward and directly accessible via HS)? Is one better over the other for this?

Sorry if that's a really old question, but I'm not seeing any success yet and feel like I'm missing the simple solution

Dave

Neither GH nor Echo devices easily support being used to make announcements. I was able to leverage a Google Cast capability built in to home-assistant (via REST web service) but it wasn't really very reliable since it either doesn't work when a stream is already playing or it knocks the entire stream offline (thereby annoying the kids/wife every time) - I forgot which.

I'm somewhat hopeful that someone will find a way to do this some day, but that's not in the cards yet, I don't think. Maybe the new "broadcast" capability of GH will help?

Comment

If you open a helpdesk ticket (just send an email to support@homeseer.com), and include your MyHS login name, we will connect to your system and see what the problem is. If you post here after you have done that I will check the ticket and have a developer take a look. I just don't want you posting your myhs login here on the forum.

I'm new to this game too... But as I still can't get GH to connect, I'm thinking maybe I should buy into the Amazon solution instead.

Can anyone confirm what I should see in GH's device / room lists after a successful connection. I'm still seeing zilch (as per pics above).

Dave

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

...Can anyone confirm what I should see in GH's device / room lists after a successful connection. I'm still seeing zilch (as per pics above)....
                    What do you see on your phone for GH under 'Manage accounts' ? Is HS linked or still in the 'add new' list?

Comment

I can see your point and when I was still using Echo's I did use both options. But with Google Home, I just created an array of devices that I use to trigger events. This solves that problem fairly easily. I'm far happier not having to say "Tell Homeseer to" all the time.
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

dhalsall, I see all of my devices. Just to be clear, you clicked on the hamburger button, selected "Home Control" and there are no devices there? If so then I would take Rich up on his offer to help.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                          What do you see on your phone for GH under 'Manage accounts' ? Is HS linked or still in the 'add new' list?
                          Correct, nothing other than my one "assistant" device appears. Homeseer remains in the "add new" list - even though after I add it, and it says "successfully connected to Homeseer" (after providing my HS credentials).

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                            dhalsall, I see all of my devices. Just to be clear, you clicked on the hamburger button, selected "Home Control" and there are no devices there? If so then I would take Rich up on his offer to help.
                            I may have figured out the issue. I just tried logging into the myHS site via Web browser... And I see one system - but it's my other remote system (I run two HS systems). So I guess I have to figure out why my "main" system isn't showing up in myHS (which I've never made use of until now). Probably a check box in settings? I will look when I get home tonight.

I will submit a ticket if this isn't the issue.

Thanks,
                            Dave

Comment

I may have figured out the issue. I just tried logging into the myHS site via Web browser... And I see one system - but it's my other remote system (I run two HS systems). So I guess I have to figure out why my "main" system isn't showing up in myHS (which I've never made use of until now). Probably a check box in settings? I will look when I get home tonight.

I will submit a ticket if this isn't the issue.

Thanks,
                              Dave

Wanted to close the loop on this. Yes, my issue was with the myHS side of things. Turns out both systems were by default set to connect to myHS, but I saw that you can only have 1 system connected (per license). So, I unchecked my remote system, and then my main system was showing up in the myHS list.

Subsequently, GH was able to connect and show me the devices I had set for voice.

I started with "ok Google, turn on the media room pot lights to 50%"... got a positive reply and a moment later, 50% pot lights fade up.

I'm liking the experience more now

Thanks to all for your suggestions and help!

Dave

Comment

Excellent! Yah I think GH manages devices groups and aliases much better than Echo.

Comment

Working...
                                X