Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event to take a snapshot from a camera ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event to take a snapshot from a camera ?

I would like to create an event which first takes a snapshot from a Foscam camera (I have SD as well as HD cameras), and then emails this snapshot. How can I achieve that ?

I use the Netcam plugin.

Regards
    Morten
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mhn; June 4, 2016, 12:01 PM. Reason: Add screenshot.

Comment

Ok I installed the plugin, created a event to take a picture. Where is that picture saved, and how do I email it now ?

ok just seen your screenshot. Mine does not come out as Netcam: camera, just as the camera so looks a little different. Might have to look again at the netcam plugin settings

Comment

Next screenshot. :-)
        Attached Files

Comment

I've got it all working. One slight glitch. As you can see from the attached screenshot, I want to take 3 pictures and email them to me. That works, but, the first picture I am being sent is from the last time that event has been triggered, only the 2 after that are from the current event. So next time its triggered I get a 'old' picture first again. I am not sure that red error message on the bottom about the currentimage does not exist has anything to do with it ?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mikee123; June 8, 2016, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Your path doesn't look good.

As I remember I had trouble with that too. Look at the path in my screenshot. I think I had to edit it before pressing Submit.

Comment

I used your path. As I said, its working even with that error. its just the first picture being sent is an old one. Which is odd.

Comment

Wait 1 second maybe?

Maybe the snapshot isn't ready.

Comment

I had a look in the folder, the picture is there, so thats not the problem. Strange one.

Comment

You don't use "Netcam: Take Picture"?

Comment

I just made a quick test. This one work.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X