Update HS3Pro Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update HS3Pro Linux

I'm thinking I'm missing something obvious, but what is latest, non-beta version of HS3Pro?

If I go to download from HomeSeer website, it appears its 3.0.0.435. I have 3.0.0.368...

Is there a single button option to update, or do I need to un-tar the file on my Linux machine?

Is there a single button option to update, or do I need to un-tar the file on my Linux machine?

For the embedded and sold machines like the Zee2 or SEL it is a button for HS3 lite, standard or pro.

For the installed HS3 software (Linux only) it is a manual effort for newest beta using command line and version or a manual GET and UNTAR.

I was running here with version 3.0.0.435 for many months with no issues and just updated the two Linux boxes to 3.0.0.4XX last week with no issues to date.

The HS3 Lite file unzips itself to the same directory writing over the old files. The HS3 Standard and Pro zipped files create a /HomeSeer directory with new updated files.

In both cases make sure that your Homeseer 3 is in off mode and not running. With the HS3 Standard and Pro version updates be outside of the /HomeSeer directory to update.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I use a slightly different version on the Zee-S2, but this might help if you have the same options...

- Access HomeSeer via web browser, then menu bar Tools ... Setup
      - On the General tab, click "Check Now" under Updates
      - It will show your current version, plus the latest Release and Beta versions (along with an Update Now button if applicable)

Edit: Oops, it looks like your process is different.

Comment

Yes on the Zee 2 at the top of the setup general page you can update via the click of a button. On the HS3 Standard and Pro the update function buttons are not present.

[ATTACH]69957[/ATTACH]
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

OK, this is dumb - what is the latest version for a manual install on Linux and the latest beta. It is not possible to update without actually knowing the version ...

Comment

Code:
            wget [URL]http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_478.tar.gz[/URL]

Comment

The current HS3 release Linux download link can be found here: https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/

Version notes and link can be found here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-release-notes

HS3 Betas and version notes can be found here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-release-notes

I always caution when doing an upgrade your process needs to include:

1. Good backup of software and system prior to upgrade.
              2. Good backup of current software installation.
              3 Stop HS3 process
              4. Wget the new installer
              5. Decompress to software location.
              6. Do any other patching needed.
              7. Do a reboot if needed.
              8. Start HS3 services and validate integrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X