No announcement yet.

Imperihome Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with all of this. They shoudl split the Smart City out and just have Pro add enhanced features of the app that aren't tied to services they offer outside the app.

There is no way I would pay that much for an app and even if I knew someone to recommend it to, I wouldn't do so now.

Comment

I don't like it either and posted something in general discussion area on these forums (including a screen shot of the app notification) since it was not about the HS plugin.

Getting new users in the door is important so I like the one time fee even if it was higher and the premium features like smart cities to be optional so users who are interested pay for their development.

I bought a second "Pro" license recently in case I need it in the future. I probably won't want to pay a monthly fee in the future but may want a second system.

Comment

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
        I don't like it either and posted something in general discussion area on these forums (including a screen shot of the app notification) since it was not about the HS plugin.

Getting new users in the door is important so I like the one time fee even if it was higher and the premium features like smart cities to be optional so users who are interested pay for their development.

I bought a second "Pro" license recently in case I need it in the future. I probably won't want to pay a monthly fee in the future but may want a second system.
        The free option seems like just a trial without expiration since it is so limited IMHO.

Comment

I don't mind

Paying $6.00 (Guessing since 4.99 Euros) a month if this was the next greatest thing ever - only problem would be when they decide to get greedy. As TeleFragger mentioned - this sort of thing does happen.

Is this really so much better than HSTouch? Have been dabbling with HSTouch a couple of few years and it seems fairly full featured.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
            Is this really so much better than HSTouch? Have been dabbling with HSTouch a couple of few years and it seems fairly full featured.

I use HSTouch and even the default project on my note 8.. works for me.. until I get time to figure it out (which will be in 63 years as I have no time)
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
              Paying $6.00 (Guessing since 4.99 Euros) a month if this was the next greatest thing ever - only problem would be when they decide to get greedy. As TeleFragger mentioned - this sort of thing does happen.

HSTouch does not work for me (literally). One example is none of the on/off buttons work but the dimming sliders do. I spent six months trying to get it working on a phone and tablets with many contacts to HomeSeer during the support period of the software to customize without success.

Comment

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
                HSTouch does not work for me (literally). One example is none of the on/off buttons work but the dimming sliders do. I spent six months trying to get it working on a phone and tablets with many contacts to HomeSeer during the support period of the software to customize without success.
                and from HS device page you can on/off these devices? that is strange. I have x10 and zwave stuff that I can control from both places and don't have that issue... very odd...
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                  and from HS device page you can on/off these devices? that is strange. I have x10 and zwave stuff that I can control from both places and don't have that issue... very odd...
                  Everything works fine from HS3 device page. Tried with stock HSTouch on Android phone, Apple tablet and Fire Tablets. We tried beta releases of plugin, upgrades of HS3, changes to custom screens... Got it working for a short period but then it stopped again. Other problems like some devices not showing and thermostat readings were not working either.

I see the plugin is now integrated into HS3 so perhaps things work now.

I used to regret buying the software to customize HSTouch screens but now try to look at it as supporting the company even though I can't use it.

Otherwise I am very happy with my HomeSeer system.

Comment

I suspect most of us, or maybe all, have no use for "Smart City" services. I don't understand what they are trying to do with that but it seems it is EU centric anyway.

IH is a necessary evil for Homeseer. HStouch is about 100% overpriced (yes, it should be free) and not very good anyway. Only reason I have IH is because it is easy to use, and mostly works. The UI is very limited and inefficient / poorly designed. But, it is easy to setup.

If you want a very good app, use Home Remote. It is free but the learning curve is high.

IMO, in ~2 years or so it wont matter for a few reasons...

1. Voice Control will be much better and we will use that for control. We will only use a UI for admin or 'dashboard' (status)

2. Homeseer will be surpassed by other systems...
                    SmartThings (if they provide 100% local processing)
                    and/or
                    open source apps like OpenHAB and Home Assistant.
                    ... Homeseer power users will migrate to those which have much better built-in and 3rd party UIs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                      I suspect most of us, or maybe all, have no use for "Smart City" services. I don't understand what they are trying to do with that but it seems it is EU centric anyway.

IH is a necessary evil for Homeseer. HStouch is about 100% overpriced (yes, it should be free) and not very good anyway. Only reason I have IH is because it is easy to use, and mostly works. The UI is very limited and inefficient / poorly designed. But, it is easy to setup.

If you want a very good app, use Home Remote. It is free but the learning curve is high.

IMO, in ~2 years or so it wont matter for a few reasons...

1. Voice Control will be much better and we will use that for control. We will only use a UI for admin or 'dashboard' (status)

2. Homeseer will be surpassed by other systems...
                      SmartThings (if they provide 100% local processing)
                      and/or
                      open source apps like OpenHAB and Home Assistant.
                      ... Homeseer power users will migrate to those which have much better built-in and 3rd party UIs.
                      Tell me more about Home Remote. I found their site, and may mess around with it.

How well does it integrate with Homeseer? I'm not having good look searching with such vague terms as "home" and "remote"

Comment

What I like about ImperiHome is that creating the pages is done exclusively on the mobile device. The ImperiHome plugin is really excellent at translating HS devices over to IH devices, and for creating sensors, and controlling HS events.

I am not aware of any other mobile UI client that lets you do all of the layout on the mobile.

There are certainly ways for IH to improve--but from my perspective it the best solution to get functional well organized control over vast quantities of HA devices.

If you are unhappy about the direction that IH has gone I would encourage you to use the in app "request a feature" button to voice your concerns. I did, and they replied. Though all they said was that I was grandfathered in and would not be charged for premium. Perhaps if enough people voice their concerns they will change their approach--though I doubt it.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                          What I like about ImperiHome is that creating the pages is done exclusively on the mobile device. The ImperiHome plugin is really excellent at translating HS devices over to IH devices, and for creating sensors, and controlling HS events.

I am not aware of any other mobile UI client that lets you do all of the layout on the mobile.

There are certainly ways for IH to improve--but from my perspective it the best solution to get functional well organized control over vast quantities of HA devices.

If you are unhappy about the direction that IH has gone I would encourage you to use the in app "request a feature" button to voice your concerns. I did, and they replied. Though all they said was that I was grandfathered in and would not be charged for premium. Perhaps if enough people voice their concerns they will change their approach--though I doubt it.
                          I wonder if those that doesn't have the pro license purchase today will they also be grandfather in as well.

Also, We're already paying $40 for the HS plugin, shouldn't we be given the mobile version for free? It's like paying twice for the same software if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
                            Also, We're already paying $40 for the HS plugin, shouldn't we be given the mobile version for free? It's like paying twice for the same software if you ask me.
                            The plugin for HS and the App are made by 2 different people.

The app is made by Evertygo.

@Spud wrote a plugin which interfaces HS to the app. I guess HS wasn't popular enough for Evertygo to integrate for HS directly. On the Vera, Everty added support themselves (I used to be a Vera User).

I will say that originally the $40 plugin to interface to the $5 app, seemed really steep, but I suppose it's been worth it. I just didn't want to take the time to do a good HS touch interface and the default on, while usable, isn't overly user friendly if you ask me (for my wife that is)

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post

That funny. I wish I could create Imperihome pages on a device with a real mouse and keyboard. I know that's what Touch is for, but . . .

Comment

Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
                                That funny. I wish I could create Imperihome pages on a device with a real mouse and keyboard.
                                ... agreed, using a 24" screen and mouse is 100x easier.

I'm considering looking at Home Remote again. The learning curve is big but IH has so many limitations and missing features for wall-mounted multi-user environments (homes with Kids and guests, and commercial use)

Comment

Working...
                                X