This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FanLinc light ON not working

Just installed a new FanLinc 2475F and using the Insteon PLM Plug-In v.1.7.3.1. Everything seems to be working fine from HS control except for the ON command for the light. Nothing happens. OFF and Dim levels work fine, but nothing happens with ON. Nothing in the log except for:

12/3/2012 11:38:34 AM Device Control Device: Master Bedroom Ceiling Fan - Light ($4) ON

Any ideas how to troubleshoot? Thanks.

please check the default on level within the plugin. Change to 100% as a test.

not sure why, but sh seems to default everything to 10% which is too dim to see.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for quick reply. Where to I check/set the default level?

Comment

on the device edit page within the plugin towards the bottom
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

OK found it in the meantime. It was at 10% so I changed to 100%. Now ON command works BUT... The light now flickers badly. It also flickers if I dim to 100% instead of ON. It wasn't flickering at 100% dim level before. I set default dim to 10% and still flickering.

ACTUALLY... Now that I think about it, I just added a KeypadLinc to the load, so that's probably the cause of the flickering. I haven't done any programming of the KPL yet. Is the flickering expected and will it be resolved once I link the KPL to the FanLinc? I'm about to start reading posts here for that lingkage.

Comment

i have an on/off kpl linked to mine and there is no flickering, and i haven't seem any posts on the subject either
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

What kind of bulb are you using?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Incandescent bulbs. I disconnected the KeypadLinc and hard wired the FanLinc and all works fine. Is it because the line feeding the FanLinc is controlled by the KPL? Should the FanLinc be hard wired and not through the KPL? I wired the KPL like I normally would - line from J-box, load to FanLinc, and neutral. I've found a couple threads here about programming the KPL with FL but nothing about wiring.

Comment

I'll have to refer you to the fanlinc manual for wiring, but the red lead on the kpl should not be connected to the fanlinc in anyway (cap it off). the fanlinc is designed to be 'linked' back to a controller (ie kpl). it should be connected to a hot line and neutral only.

hope this helps
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Cool. Capped off the red wire of the KPL and FanLinc now responds to HS as it should. No more flickering and ON command now works (after setting default on level in plug in). Thanks! Now on to linking these guys to each other...

Comment

Working...
                    X