No announcement yet.

Upgrading from HS2 to HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgive me - MTU? is this a device which connects to the TED?

it sounds like more than a current loop.

Comment

Problems using the HS2 to HS3 Converter Tool - Solved

I finally decided to start working on HS3 and just tried to use the converter tool and had all sorts of issues getting it to work, but was finally able to. Thought I'd post my solutions here in case anyone else has similar issues. Some of these problems may be exclusive to Windows 7 and the UAC (user account control) it has. May be able to shortcut some of these steps by turning UAC off, but my solution below doesn't require it.

Errors I received included "can't lock file" and "database is out of date", I also had an issue with the converted file not showing up in the Homeseer HS3\Config\ directory once I had everything else working.

Here are the steps I had to take to get it to work:

1) Update to the latest version of Homeseer2. Go here for the download: http://www.homeseer.com/downloads/ and click on the .exe file once it is downloaded to update.

2) After you have updated, restart Homeseer2 and you'll see that in the log file it says it's going to write a new updated database. After a couple of minutes close all Homeseer versions that may be open (HS2 or HS3).

3) Go into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HSPRO\Config\ directory and copy your database file (the default is sample.mdb but look for any other .mdb file if you've changed the name) onto your desktop. Make sure you copy it and don't move it otherwise HS2 won't be able to find it when you next start it up.

4) Launch the conversion tool .exe file linked in the first post in this thread (assuming you already downloaded it) and select the "input file" location to be the sample.mdb file on your desktop. Select the "Output File" location to also be your desktop and name it whatever you like. If you leave the output file location in the Homeseer HS3\Config\ folder the file will not show up there (I think due to UAC lockouts).

5) Click "Convert..." and the message window should tell you that it copied a bunch of events and other stuff.

6) Locate the xxxxxx.hsd output file (where xxxxxx is whatever you named it in step 4 above) and move this file into the C:\Program files (x86)\Homeseer HS3\Config\ folder.

7) Launch HS3 and click on "Tools" then "Setup". To the right of "Configuration File" select the drop down menu and your xxxxx.hsd file should appear as one of the choices there. Select it and the items listed in the first post of this thread should be imported from HS2 into HS3.

Hopefully that saves someone the hour or two I used trying to figure out why it wasn't working.

Greg

Comment

SmartHome PowerLinc USB

Any word on how supporting for HS3 is coming on this plugin?

Thanks,
        Terry

Comment

SetupHS3Import.exe

Is the link dead?

ftp://homeseer.com/updates/Beta/HS3/SetupHS3Import.exe

I have tried several times with different progs, link seams dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Gotcha. It's a supply/demand/available developers thing. If the plugin is that important then I would recommend sticking with HS2. There's nothing wrong with running HS2 if it works.
            I have been using the TED5000 since it came out and I have had no problems with the hardware. It is my primary energy monitoring tool and I will have to stick with HS2 until it is supported or I can find something to replace the TED5000. There are few if any good replacements. The TED5000 is the only modestly priced device for home energy use that actually measures the two split phase panel voltages independently and correctly calculates power, volt-ampere, and other quantities dependent on an accurate voltage measurement.

Erich

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              ... Here is the HS2 to HS3 import tool:

ftp://homeseer.com/updates/Beta/HS3/...Import.exe ...
              Page currently not reachable: maintenance or moved?

Comment

When will this link be available again???

Comment

It appears to download fine from here, here is the link again, can you still not download it?

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...pHS3Import.exe

Originally posted by kiethb View Post
                  When will this link be available again???
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It appears to download fine from here, here is the link again, can you still not download it?

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/HS3/SetupHS3Import.exe
                    Works now... that extra "ftp." seems to do it. Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=rjh;1065846]

Devices are not imported. To import your Z-Wave devices, enable the Z-Wave plug-in and to an Import/Scan. Then edit the devices as needed.
                      /QUOTE]

Does this mean all the device names, room names, etc. have to be manually entered again for every device? That's a lot of work! I have over 75 devices. Rescan is a pain too, since devices that are far away may need to be temporarily placed near the Z-Troller. Rescanning battery devices will be a colossal pain. And We would have to rerun optimization, right?

Can the production migration tool be enhanced so as not to require import and rescan? Then, upgrading will be much more tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
                        Does this mean all the device names, room names, etc. have to be manually entered again for every device? That's a lot of work! I have over 75 devices.
                        I know how you feel - I have 610 devices, 127 of which are Z-Wave!

Originally posted by randman View Post
                        Rescan is a pain too, since devices that are far away may need to be temporarily placed near the Z-Troller. Rescanning battery devices will be a colossal pain. And We would have to rerun optimization, right?
                        No, you only need to Import - HS3 does not erase your Z-Wave interface, so all of your network information - including routing - is still there. I also have a feature (which is new but I think it is working) where an Import/Scan done on a battery device will, upon failure to communicate with it, add it to the queue for when the device next wakes up. So, most if not all of your battery devices may get scanned and devices created this way. If you want to create all of the devices right away, then yes - wake them up first.
                        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

when for Hometroller???

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                          This beta is definitely not recommended for the HomeTroller. We do plan to offer an upgrade for HomeTroller users but that has not been tested yet.
                          when will the Hometroller have HS3, I purchased one a week ago and I was planning to try the beta????
                          Hector
                          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

If you have a HT with an SSD drive, you can just run the HS3 installer to get HS3.

If you have a flash based HT, you will need to get the latest USB flash restore drive to get the system resources you need.

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                            when will the Hometroller have HS3, I purchased one a week ago and I was planning to try the beta????

Comment

If you have a HT with an SSD drive, you can just run the HS3 installer to get HS3.

If you have a flash based HT, you will need to get the latest USB flash restore drive to get the system resources you need.
                              I already purchased and installed the USB flash restore drive. I tried the downloading HS3 from the Beta post, but it says that server has a problem. Can you direct me to where to download HS3?
                              Hector
                              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

You can download hs3 from our store,

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...l-P1521C5.aspx

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                                I already purchased and installed the USB flash restore drive. I tried the downloading HS3 from the Beta post, but it says that server has a problem. Can you direct me to where to download HS3?

Comment

Working...
                                X