ETA for Zwave (Thermostat Trane) Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETA for Zwave (Thermostat Trane) Plugin

When do you expect to have the Trane Thermostat zwave plugin for HS3?

Peter

Darn, I was thinking about upgrading to HS3Pro but I will hold off till I can control my thermostat. I don't want to lose that ability.

Comment

HS3/HS3 Pro are in beta and will be for a while so unless you want to beta test then you need to wait. You should take advantage of the sale though so you have the license for the future when the product is released.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the response. I will continue testing and move on the upgrade from HS2PRO to 3PRO -cant pass up on the deal.

I hope Dev can put the Trane Zwave plugin on the priority list for final HS3 Release.

Sincerely
        Peter

Comment

You can still control the thermostat in HS3 without the plugin, it's just not very pretty as each control is a different device.

+1 to HST to get the thermostat plugins updated!

Comment

To resurrect an old question, any plans for a Trane Thermostat zwave plugin for HS3?

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
              To resurrect an old question, any plans for a Trane Thermostat zwave plugin for HS3?

- Robert
              No Z-Wave plugin is required for Z-Wave thermostats used with HS3. The thermostat is just another Z-Wave device that you can control using events.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                No Z-Wave plugin is required for Z-Wave thermostats used with HS3. The thermostat is just another Z-Wave device that you can control using events.
                Before I updated to the lasted z-wave plugin, the thermostat appeared as a thermostat device. I used to use the increment/decrement function to change the heating or cooling setpoints. Now it's just another z-wave device and for now I created a list box to select the desired temperature which is a clumsy way to do that. Other than writing a script, is there another way in Designer to increment/decrement the setpoints?

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
                  Before I updated to the lasted z-wave plugin, the thermostat appeared as a thermostat device. I used to use the increment/decrement function to change the heating or cooling setpoints. Now it's just another z-wave device and for now I created a list box to select the desired temperature which is a clumsy way to do that. Other than writing a script, is there another way in Designer to increment/decrement the setpoints?

- Robert
                  With the Z-Wave thermostats, you can set an 'Action When Released' to change the temperature any delta, up or down, desired (i.e. +-1):
                  Attached Files
                  Mike

Comment

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. That function "Thermostat: Raise or Lower the Heat Setpoint" and all "Thermostat" commands disappeared after I updated the z-wave plugin.
                    What version of the z-wave plugin are you running? I am running 3.0.1.25.

- Robert

Comment

Same version here. Doesn't sound like a version issue. Maybe you should try removing and re-adding the node.

My HSTouch server is 3.0.0.69, if that's helpful.
                      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                        Same version here. Doesn't sound like a version issue. Maybe you should try removing and re-adding the node.

My HSTouch server is 3.0.0.69, if that's helpful.
                        I guess it's come down to that. Hmmmmm I wonder if it would work if I just deleted the device and re-imported it from the Z-Troller. I'll give that a shot first.

- Robert

Comment

That did it. I deleted the device from the device page and re-imported it from the Z-Troller. Then I opened the root device and performed a rescan and the thermostat can be controlled as before. I didn't have to remove the device from the Z-Troller.

Thanks
                          - Robert

Comment

Can anyone tell where I can find the "action when released" function? Not sure how to get to the action editor. HS 3x and a Trane 524. Thanks

--Sorry - didn't realize this is an HSTouch feature..so strike my original question- looking for an easy way to raise lower heat setpoint via alexa voice is all. Thanks

Comment

I believe Alexa sees the Trane thermostats as long as you use the HomeSeer skill. So then you should be able to just use Alexa commands to change the temperature. My Thermostat does show up but I can't test it right now as my HS system is down after all my devices and events disappeared and I can't get support from HS.

Comment

Working...
                              X