No announcement yet.

tenScripting Now Available for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone help me fix this problem? I Installed tenScripting for the first time and after setting the IP address this is what I get.

Also, this show in the HS log: Calling HSEvent in plugin tenScripting, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Not sure what to do. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sean Willoughby; November 29, 2013, 09:01 AM.

Comment

I just updated to 3.0.0.48 and are seeing all kinds of problems with tenScripting3.

Will investigate and get back to you.

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Thanks! For now I just remarked that statement and it works now.

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
          I just updated to 3.0.0.48 and are seeing all kinds of problems with tenScripting3.

tenholde
          Tenholde,

Was planning to start use your tool also now. I am also on the latest HS3 and installed VB express 2010. The compiler is giving loads of errors to me on referincing devices it seems. If I let this happen I get stranded.
          should we wait a bit more before using this?

Also, how could I get excisting scripts in the tool, just import and name classes after the original filenames?

Thanks,

Wim
          Last edited by w.vuyk; December 6, 2013, 09:58 AM.
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

tenholde
            Ok that's strange, I've been on 3.0.0.48 and I don't get any errors, none that I've noticed as I've been converting my scripts. By the way, I need to send you an e-mail regarding a minor one line change to tenScripting so it doesn't choke on scripts with 1400 lines.
            HS: 2.5.0.60
            Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
            Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
            Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
            Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
            UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
            Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Originally posted by jstaab View Post
              By the way, I need to send you an e-mail regarding a minor one line change to tenScripting so it doesn't choke on scripts with 1400 lines.
              Send me your email address via: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/Email.aspx

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                Tenholde,

Was planning to start use your tool also now. I am also on the latest HS3 and installed VB express 2010. The compiler is giving loads of errors to me on referincing devices it seems. If I let this happen I get stranded.
                should we wait a bit more before using this?

Also, how could I get excisting scripts in the tool, just import and name classes after the original filenames?

Thanks,

Wim
                Give me a few days to get a new update out. You might want to make sure you have added references to the HS3 .dlls.

tenholde
                tenholde

Comment

Give me a few days to get a new update out. You might want to make sure you have added references to the HS3 .dlls.

tenholde
                  Tenholde,

Thanks, I will wait for a few days. I did add the references to the HomeSeerAPI, HSCF and Scheduler. To be sure I also added the HS3 itself. No luck so far. It seems the tool is struggling on references to devices in the tenholdscript.vb (out of my head because I am not behind the screen anymore).

Thanks for your quick response!

Wim
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Send me your email address via: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/Email.aspx

tenholde
                    I've got your e-mail address somewhere, I think we've chatted in the past...
                    HS: 2.5.0.60
                    Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
                    Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
                    Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
                    UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
                    Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                      Tenholde,

Wim
                      I will post a new release of tenScripting later today that will include an Import function to copy existing scripts from your HS3 script folder into and existing .vb file within your tenScripting project (adding the needed CLASS and END CLASS statements).

tenholde
                      tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Willoughby View Post
                        Thanks! For now I just remarked that statement and it works now.
                        The statement that you commented out was part of the code to display the Device Location and Device Name for the selected item in the HomeSeer Events list.

I will be posting a new version of tenScripting today that contains better error recovery for this processing. It should display error information in the tenScripting log list. Please post screen shots of any error info you get.

tenholde
                        tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                          Thanks for that, I reinstalled the sample scripts, and then just kept one class. After removing the other scripts / classes I am left with the file ComplexSamples.vb and in it the class is ToggleDeviceSample.

The Main is Public Sub MainRecieved(Byval Parms as String) however when i go to run this i get an error saying An entry with the same key exists already.

Is it because i have am using an existing class?
                          I will be glad to look at your project. Please send me an email with your email address via: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/Email.aspx I will send you an email address to send me a zip file containing your project folder.

It sounds like you have the same Class Name defined in multiple .vb files in your project folder. If a .vb file is in your project folder, EVEN IF THAT FILE IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PROJECT, it will be scanned and will fail if duplicates exist. So, if you have backup copies of older versions of .vb files in the project folder, even if they are not included in the project, you will get duplicate errors.

Could you post a screen shot of exactly what the error looks like?

Thanks,

tenholde
                          tenholde

Comment

tenScripting Version 3.14 is now available:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=164109

tenholde
                            tenholde

Comment

Thanks for the update,

I have not forgotten about sending you the file and will try and do that this week.

Cheers
                              HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Ed,

I have downloaded the project and it works fine, I can now indeed trace scripts very nice! Importing existing scripts work very nice also.

I keep getting errors in the tenscripting log windows though when devices change, I thinnk the same I got earlier?

In the image you will see there error occuring. I think the project is to address the device on numeric basis, where it should not?

Regards,

Wim
                                Attached Files
                                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                                X