This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set X-10 address on Insteon device

Most Insteon devices allows a user to set an X-10 address for that device. The X-10 settings will be saved as an internal setting of the device. This is a way to make it compatible with X-10. This worked very well with the HouseLinc software. Using the HouseLinc software I could set the X-10 address of my dimming module. With old X-10 software and an X-interface I could turn the device on/off/dim/status.

Where can I find the option in HS to set the X-address of an Insteon device?

the plugin does not support setting x10 addresses on insteon devices and will not update status based on x10 msgs.

you can do this manually based on the user's manual for the specific device.

you will need to create separate hs status page devices to represent the x10 status of the device. x10 cmds will not update the insteon device on the hs status page.

I do not recommend using any x10 addresses with your insteon registered devices.

if you have non-insteon x10 devices, you can control them with the insteon plugin; you just need to enable the x10 interface on the hs setup/interface page.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The reason for my question is that I'm migrating from HCA with X-10 devices to HS with X-10 and Insteon devices.

On my server PC I'm using HCA and HS. HCA uses an CM11 and W800-RF interface and contains a lot of scripts and programs which work great. HS uses an Insteon Hub (EU version).

X-10 has some flaws in design so I'm replacing X-10 devices with Insteon devices. Would be nice if I could set a X-10 address on certain Insteon modules, so I can control them with HCA and X-10.

My workaround for now is that I use HS to translate between X-10 and Insteon. HCA sends a X-10 command, HS receives this command and triggers the correct Insteon device. Also the other way: when an Insteon Motion sensor sends an Insteon signal it goes to HS where I have an event to "translate" it to a X-10 command which is processed by HCA.

My migrating strategie is do it in smal steps. No big-bang scenario for me.
      After replacing an X-10 device with a look-a-like Insteon device it can be controlled using HCA with the workaround. Next step is to migrate events/programs for that device from HCA to HS.

After a while I can unplug the interfaces of HCA and connect these to HS. And some time later I will stop the HCA software. Migration will be complete.

Comment

Yah, the migration away from x10 to insteon is a little difficult. I was in the same boat, but was using hs for both.

good luck!
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X