• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimeTempest View Post
    you can install Homeseer via DOCKER
    it's quite simple.

Open DSM
    > Install Docker (if you don't already have it)
    > Within Docker, go to REGISTRY tab and in the search box type "Homeseer"
    > Download the image "bradsjm/homeseer3:latest" (this may take a few moments)
    > On the IMAGE tab click the homeseer image then click launch button
    > within the new window that pops up labeled 'Step 1', set the container name (anything you choose is fine)
    > Port Settings: Local Port | Container Port
    - HTTP 80 | 80
    - HSTOUCH 10200 | 10200
    NOTE: You can select automatic, however each time the container loads it will change the local ports

> Click next to proceed.
    > On 'Step 2' page: You can set limitations, but it's not required.
    - Select Auto Restart (this will help in case of power outage)
    > Click next to proceed.

> On 'Summary' page: Click ADVANCED SETTINGS button
    > [This part i'm still having trouble with so hopefully someone else can help here]
    You need to map file locations, regardless if you do this or not, you can still run the container and it will work, but for custom plugins you need to do this.

>Once you are done run the container and navigate to http://YourDSip:localport (as specified by the docker container)

I hope this helped.
    did you fix this issue with mapping folders?

Comment

Maybe it would be interesting to run this in a Docker container ?

Comment

anyone running this successfully on synology using docker? plugins working etc...?

i followed the initial guide... (many thanks for that) but also suffer the fate of non working plugins!

Comment

anybody managed to get sonos plugin to work? i think its something to do with docker ip subnet? not sure how to configure it

Comment

Synology Docker

*** See https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...3&postcount=27 for updated Docker Instructions ***

Ok so I'm new to HomeSeer. Trying to decide whether to run this of Synology or buy a HomeTroller. So I decided to make a docker image based on the latest beta with Debian Jessie running Mono 4. Here are the step I went through to make it work.

Install Docker from the Synology package centre and start the package

Then ssh into Synology using command:
            Code:
            ssh -p ‘SSH-PORT’ admin@’SYNO-IP’
            Then run:
            Code:
            sudo -i
            This gives you root access
            Then create the container with the following: (you may have to modify the ttyACM0 to something else if your z-wave stick appears as a different device on your server)(Feel free to change the port settings to suit your needs)

Code:
            docker run -d -p 2080:80 -p 10401:10401 -p 10400:10400 -p 10300:10300 -p 10200:10200 -p 11000:11000 --device=/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0 --name=Syno-HomeSeer fastfreddi/docker-homeseer
            Then you’ll want to create an autostart script to start the container with every reboot. If you ever use the GUI interface to start the container, you will loose your /dev/ttyACM0 setting and will have to delete the container and start over. (unless someone knows a way around this other than running the container in privileged mode).

While still as root, create your script: (http://www.lagmonster.org/docs/vi.html for vi commands)

Code:
            vi /volume1/DockerAuto.sh
            Place the following in the script: (your path may differ from mine)

Code:
            case $1 in
            start)
                     /var/packages/Docker/target/usr/bin/docker start Syno-HomeSeer
                     ;;
            stop)
                     /var/packages/Docker/target/usr/bin/docker stop Syno-HomeSeer
                     ;;
                     *)
            echo "Usages: $0 [start|stop]"
                     ;;
            esac
            Then save the script. (:x!)
            Then run:
            Code:
            chmod 755 DockerAuto.sh
            Then open Task Scheduler in Synology GUI.
            Create a schedules task called: Docker Start
            Select user “root”
            Choose event: Boot-up
            Then in task settings, type: /volume1/DockerAuto.sh start

Create a schedules task called: Docker Stop
            Select user “root”
            Choose event: Shutdown
            Then in task settings, type: /volume1/DockerAuto.sh stop

Enable both tasks and save settings.

Then reboot Synology DiskStation to ensure that image is functioning properly.
            Go to address ‘SYNO-IP’:2080 to try the interface.

I am not very familiar with HomeSeer, so I would appreciate feedback with regard to anything that is non-functional in the image. Then I'll try to fix it. I am also new to Docker.
            Last edited by FastFreddi; March 19, 2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Sinology Docker Build Image

*** See https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...3&postcount=27 for updated Docker Instructions ***

For those who would prefer to build their own image instead of downloading mine (fastfreddi/docker-homeseer).

This image was made with a Dockerfile containing:

Code:
              FROM docker/debian:latest
              RUN apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get install -y apt-utils && apt-get install -y mono-vbnc && apt-get update && apt-get install -y mono-vbnc && apt-get install -y libmono-system-web4.0.cil && apt-get install -y libmono-system-design4.0.cil && apt-get install -y libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil && apt-get install -y libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil && apt-get install -y flite && apt-get install -y chromium && apt-get update && apt-get install -y chromium && apt-get install -y libmono-system-data-datasetextensions4.0-cil && apt-get install -y libmono-system-xml-linq4.0-cil && apt-get install -y sudo && apt-get install -y wget && wget http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_linux_3_0_0_291.tar.gz && tar xvf hs3_linux_3_0_0_291.tar.gz && rm hs3_linux_3_0_0_291.tar.gz
              CMD su root && cd /HomeSeer && ./go
              Followed by the command:
              Code:
              docker build -t docker-homeseer .
              (The . is necessary for this command)
              Last edited by FastFreddi; March 19, 2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I will actually redo this container as the way I have it set up, HomeSeer is the long worker process, meaning that when HomeSeer shutdown, so does the container. This can cause issues if trying to make certain types of changes within the container. I will create a container where a bash shell will be the worker process and HomeSeer will start with a script.

Comment

Actually, after some looking around, I think it is best to run HomeSeer as the worker process.

To access the container while it's running simply use the command in when you ssh into Synology

Code:
                  docker exec -it Syno-HomeSeer /bin/bash

Comment

Moving from WHS to Synology

Well I'm finally thinking about moving completely off my Windows Home Server over to my Synology DS1511+ and will need to do something about my HS3 installation on the WHS.

I have an the following interface Units:

- INSTEON 2413U USB Interface
                    - ISY-994i with the Z-Wave module

My list of Plugins include:

- EnvisaLink
                    - HSTouch Server
                    - ISYInsteon
                    - Nest
                    - UltraMon3
                    - UltraSMTP3

Looks like I have 4 USB ports on the back of the Synology unit so I should be able to plug in my 2413U and ISY-994i.

I'm going to read through this thread again, but what I'm looking for is anyone that has any updated step-by-step directions that could make all of this work.

It looks like a Synology App is being used to install a Linux Virtual Machine (VM) and somehow the USB "devices" are being made available to the Linux install. I may be reading this wrong, so when I get more time later today, I'll be back to read through the various posts again...

Thanks
                    Rich

Comment

Great posts and thanks for the insight.

Is it fare to say that it is possible to run HS3 on Synology with a Homeseer Spartstick+ and have all the functionality that you can achieve on a HomeTroller? If so, any issues with Synology reboots?

I mention as I am looking at eliminating the dedicated hardware. Many thanks.

John

Comment

Progress?

Guys,
                        did you make any further progress running HS3 in a docker container? I have used the instructions written by TimeTempest and have it running I now need to add my RFXCOM and ZWave USB modules....anyone had success?

thanks
                        Gary

Comment

Docker Synology Update

Ok so I finally have an easy to apply solution to run HomeSeer on Docker in intel-based Synology. The first step is to ditch the Synology Docker package. Stop the package or better yet uninstall it. The you have to install an updated version of Docker (>1.12) to be able to use macvlan. An unofficial spk for manual install in package centre can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8M...ew?usp=sharing
                          Once installed, reboot your DiskStation and start the package.

Then ssh into your DiskStation
                          Code:
                          ssh -p SSH-PORT admin@SYNO-IP
                          Then
                          Code:
                          sudo -i
                          Then run the following substituting your subnet and gateway IP with yours. My router is 10.0.3.1 within the 10.0.3.0 subnet. This will allow creation of a Docker container with its own IP within your subnet.
                          Code:
                          docker network create -d macvlan --subnet=10.0.3.0/24 \
                          --gateway=10.0.3.1  -o parent=eth0 pub_net
                          Then run this command, while substituting the ip for the address that you wish your Docker Container to have within your subnet. The device=/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0 is what my z-wave show up as. You can add what ever other USB device you might be using that you hope to make visible to the container.
                          Code:
                          docker run -it -d --net=pub_net --ip=10.0.3.2 --device=/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0 \
                          --name=Syno-HomeSeer --restart on-failure fastfreddi/ubuntu-baseimage-homeseer:latest
                          The docker run command is only used to create the container. After that you want to use docker start Syno-HomeSeer or docker stop Syno-HomeSeer.

I think I remembered everything!

Also, if you would like a web interface to manage your Docker Containers, as you will no longer be able to use Synology's interface for this, you can try:
                          Code:
                          docker run --name portainer -d -p 9000:9000 \
                          -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
                          -v /volume1/docker/portainer:/data \
                          --restart always portainer/portainer
                          Then you can access via http://YOUR-NAS-IP:9000

To access and change things within the container:
                          Code:
                          docker exec -it Syno-HomeSeer /bin/bash
                          Then open Task Scheduler in Synology GUI.
                          Create a triggered task called: HomeSeer Start
                          Select user “root”
                          Choose event: Boot-up
                          Then in task settings, type: docker start Syno-HomeSeer

Create a triggered task called: HomeSeer Stop
                          Select user “root”
                          Choose event: Shutdown
                          Then in task settings, type: docker stop Syno-HomeSeer

Enable both tasks and save settings.

Hope this helps. I'm still testing out this HomeSeer Container so let me know if anything is non-functional.
                          Last edited by FastFreddi; March 19, 2017, 05:41 PM. Reason: adding instructions

Comment

Code:
                            docker run --name portainer -d -p 9000:9000 \
                            -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
                            -v /volume1/docker/portainer:/data \
                            --restart always portainer/portainer
                            Then you can access via http://YOUR-NAS-IP:9000

Hope this helps.
                            Thanks fastfreddi, this last part I couldn't get working, the container gets created but i can't access it from the browser...just times out.

Comment

Originally posted by connoleg View Post
                              Thanks fastfreddi, this last part I couldn't get working, the container gets created but i can't access it from the browser...just times out.
                              Is port 9000 blocked on your NAS or used by another service?
                              If you SSH into your NAS as admin, then sudo -i, then docker ps, under ports, does it say: 0.0.0.0:9000->9000/tcp ?

Comment

dont believe its blocked, i tried 9001 as well

docker ps gives :> 0.0.0.0:9000->9000/tcp portainer

thanks
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X