Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Forum for phrase vs multiple key words?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Forum for phrase vs multiple key words?

Hi

I am having difficulty on basic search functionality on this forum:

Every search string I do returns results for ANY word in my search string. How do I limit the search to only show posts that include EVERY word in my search string?

Thanks

Go to Google and use search terms site:board.homeseer.com

ie HSTouch issue site:board.homeseer.com
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks

Too bad HS doesn't use a platform with this basic functionality. Anyway, your workaround is helpful...and just one more thing to remember about HS ;-)

Comment

There's a sticky on the subject: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=142939
        but the question still comes up fairly regularly.

Rupp,
        Any chance instructions could be added to the 'Search' drop down on the blue bar?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Mike

Wow, I never would have found that post buried in
          HomeSeer Message Board > General > This Message Board

That three-deep category has only 3 threads in it, one being the one you reference. With only three threads, either on one has questions about your message board, or no one else ever knew that category exists.

I had searched the forum, searched the site, etc for forum use tips/etc. Maybe a category Forum/Message board should be at the top of the hierarchy or under the FAQ menu at the top of message board pages.

In any event, thanks for pointing me to that helpful post and screenshot.

Take care

Comment

Great Feedback...

For years I have lived with the crippled HS search functionality. This is a great tip to know.

Gary

Comment

Working...
            X