This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot URL and Kinect are now supported in version 3.0.0.1
    Read the User Guide for configuration details: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1165007

The kinect plugin version <3.0.0.26 will spit a lot of error in the logs when used with the Face Recognition plugin, but they are harmless.
    These errors are avoided in version 3.0.0.26 of the plugin available here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162313

Comment

With your plugin, you are convincing me to get of of those Kidnet, they look very interesting, i wish I could attach them to the raspberry pi. I'm wondering what other people are using for low power and fan less computers.

I will try it soon, keep you posted.

Thanks,
      Aldo

Comment

Doesn't work with a remote Kinect, huh?
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          Doesn't work with a remote Kinect, huh?
          it should work with both local and remote kinects
          you just have to enable the camera from the kinect config page, then you copy the snapshot url that is displayed in the camera tab, you paste it in the face recognition config page, and add the .jpg as a url parameter, like in the screenshot below

Click image for larger version

Name:	kinect_stream_config.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1176598

Comment

I can't seem to get it to start.

ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Unable to create capture from http://192.168.1.145:8078/kinectsnapshot/ .jpg at Emgu.CV.Capture..ctor(String fileName) at HSPI_FaceRecognition.FaceRecognitionApp.StartCapture()

I tried it with a ? instead of a / like in your image and I get the same issue.
            Attached Files

Comment

I can't seem to get it to start.

ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Unable to create capture from http://192.168.1.145:8078/kinectsnapshot/ .jpg at Emgu.CV.Capture..ctor(String fileName) at HSPI_FaceRecognition.FaceRecognitionApp.StartCapture()

I tried it with a ? instead of a / like in your image and I get the same issue.

from the error you reported it looks like there is a space between kinectsnapshot/ and .jpg, there should not be any space it should be http://192.168.1.145:8078/kinectsnapshot/.jpg

both ? and / work for me

does it work when you paste this same url in a browser? do you see a snapshot of your kinect camera?

Comment

I tried it with a space to see if that was the problem but it still happens with no space.

Mar-02 4:53:13 PM FaceRecognition ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Unable to create capture from http://192.168.1.145:8078/kinectsnapshot/.jpg at Emgu.CV.Capture..ctor(String fileName) at HSPI_FaceRecognition.FaceRecognitionApp.StartCapture()

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  does it work when you paste this same url in a browser? do you see a snapshot of your kinect camera?

Yes it does work from a LOCAL browser but not from the machine HS3 is on. I suspect network issues are at play here. I'll tinker with this and report back.

Could this be a firewall issue on the HS3 machine or do you think it's probably only on the remote PC?

EDIT:

It works if I turn the firewall off on the remote PC but doesn't work if I simply allow HSPI_KINECT.exe through the firewall. What should I allow through the firewall?

Comment

Yes it does work from a LOCAL browser but not from the machine HS3 is on. I suspect network issues are at play here. I'll tinker with this and report back.

Could this be a firewall issue on the HS3 machine or do you think it's probably only on the remote PC?
                    it's probably a firewall issue on the PC where the kinect plugin is running. The plugin is running a http server on port 8078, so this port needs to be open in the firewall.

Comment

Got it. Thanks.

Now time to play!

Comment

I had to shut this down. It brought my remote system (my desktop, Q6600) to its KNEES! Using 25% cpu and made my browser use 25% cpu. Insane. Each process nailed a core solid! Firefox was using over 600 MB RAM with only 3 tabs open!

The HS3 log was spitting out this error every second until I disabled the plugin:

ERROR System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.IO.MemoryStream.WriteTo(Stream stream) at HSPI_KINECT.SnapshotServer.HandleRequest(HttpListenerContext ctx)

Comment

Thanks Spud for a great plugin.

I download latest version 3.0.0.1 but when trying snapshot with image url i got error.
                          ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Unable to create capture from http://username:password@192.168.2.2...ewer/video.jpg at Emgu.CV.Capture..ctor(String fileName) at HSPI_FaceRecognition.FaceRecognitionApp.StartCapture()
                          Can the plugin handle credentials in the url? The url is working in other system.
                          Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                          --
                          Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I had to shut this down. It brought my remote system (my desktop, Q6600) to its KNEES! Using 25% cpu and made my browser use 25% cpu. Insane. Each process nailed a core solid! Firefox was using over 600 MB RAM with only 3 tabs open!

The HS3 log was spitting out this error every second until I disabled the plugin:
                            what process exactly takes 25% CPU: HSPI_FaceRecognition.exe or HSPI_Kinect.exe.
                            try to increase "Process frame every X milliseconds" it will take less CPU

ERROR System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.IO.MemoryStream.WriteTo(Stream stream) at HSPI_KINECT.SnapshotServer.HandleRequest(HttpListenerContext ctx)
                            this error is fixed in version 3.0.0.26 of the Kinect plugin:http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162313

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                              Thanks Spud for a great plugin.

I download latest version 3.0.0.1 but when trying snapshot with image url i got error.
                              ERROR System.NullReferenceException: Unable to create capture from http://username:password@192.168.2.2...ewer/video.jpg at Emgu.CV.Capture..ctor(String fileName) at HSPI_FaceRecognition.FaceRecognitionApp.StartCapture()
                              Can the plugin handle credentials in the url? The url is working in other system.
                              what kind of camera is it, and what kind of stream is it?
                              when you paste this url in a browser running on your HS3 PC, what do you see? a picture or a video?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                                what process exactly takes 25% CPU: HSPI_FaceRecognition.exe or HSPI_Kinect.exe.
                                try to increase "Process frame every X milliseconds" it will take less CPU

It was HSPI_Kinect.exe that was nailing the CPU and , to be clear, this was on the remote machine. I'll try the new version and report back.

Comment

Working...
                                X