Upgrading Linux Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading Linux Install

I have HS version 3.0.0.208 running on a Linux box and want to upgrade to version 3.0.0.239.

I'm not very fluent in Linux and want to know the correct steps for performing the upgrade.

Thanks for any help.

Upgrades are fairly easy to do if you have a bit of Linux command line knowledge. At a high level, the procedure is download the Linux tarball and copy it to your Linux machine, shut down HomeSeer (either from command line or from the web interface), back up your HomeSeer directory, untar the HomeSeer tarball over the top of your previous version.

Typically HomeSeer will be installed in /usr/local/HomeSeer. If you want to minimize the amount of command line activity, you can do most of these steps from Windows or Mac using a program such as FileZilla.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

239 Upgrade

Selected shutdown, backed up etc...

Opened tar into a folder called '239' then ran ./go from root

First error was UPNP. Unchecked that from network area and tried again.
      Error now is: Error in DoReadDataTunnel: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

WTF I guess I just wait until 239 moves out of beta - and I wait to use my Alexa.

Comment

Uh oh

Re-read the part about installing over your existing so I untarred it over.

Of course now I can't register it because I've already used it up. I'll have to call tomorrow to support.

Comment

Originally posted by Yasl View Post
          Re-read the part about installing over your existing so I untarred it over.

Of course now I can't register it because I've already used it up. I'll have to call tomorrow to support.

You can put in a help desk request for this issue and HST will get you going.
          http://helpdesk.homeseer.com/
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Help Desk

I don't have an account and when I click to create one the section to do so is blank. Tried it in a couple of browsers. I'll just call a little later today.

Comment

Try again now. I looked up your name in the licensing system and reset it for you.

Comment

stuck again

Thanks for helping! Registration failed - invalid license id/password combination however.

On the lighter side, I just found a link to upgrade my Zee -correctly, as opposed to how I tried. Kinda funny.

Comment

wow

Waited on hold for ten minutes then had to leave a message. Hope they get back to me soon. Would like to get Alexa and HS3 working as I have the time today.

Comment

Waited on hold for ten minutes then had to leave a message. Hope they get back to me soon. Would like to get Alexa and HS3 working as I have the time today.
                    Yea, it's a holiday so the crew is on the light side today.

Comment

Thanks for helping! Registration failed - invalid license id/password combination however.

On the lighter side, I just found a link to upgrade my Zee -correctly, as opposed to how I tried. Kinda funny.
                      The invalid license id/password combination is typically caused by loading the wrong product.

Comment

Cool

Ok - so I did the upgrade following the correct link. Rebooted it (manually). Then loaded the page and registered.

I'm up and running with 239 now. Thanks for the help and input.

Now to go play with Alexa... (that sounds sorta weird)

Thanks again!

Comment

Now to go play with Alexa... (that sounds sorta weird)
                          Thanks again!
                          Yea, let's hope the government isn't listening

Comment

Working...
                          X