Clear All

Can you try 2.0.46 and let me know
    Capture a new log if there is an issue
    Delete the old log first
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Alas it's still makes the clicking noise and displays the same message Not Available..

I've clicked a couple of buttons and switched the receiver on and off that still works.

I've attached the log file
      BLOnkyo-Detailed.log 2.zip

Comment

I am seeing this error in the log

3/18/2017 9:14:32 AM : v2.0.46.0 - Connect_To_Receiver(): ERROR - Caught this exception connecting to Onkyo receiver - No route to host
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          I am seeing this error in the log

3/18/2017 9:14:32 AM : v2.0.46.0 - Connect_To_Receiver(): ERROR - Caught this exception connecting to Onkyo receiver - No route to host
          I noticed that the plugin couldn't control the Onkyo after a few button presses and I had to reconnect to plugin. So I disabled the mediaserver plugin and powercyled the Onkyo.
          I deleted the log and tested it again. This time it worked and didn't notice any disconnects.
          The HSServer is on the same LAN as the Onkyo with the same (unmanaged) switch.

Comment

Can you attach your hspi_BLOnkyo.ini file zipped
            It is in the config folder
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

hspi_BLOnkyo.ini.zip

Comment

Have you tried {CR}{LF}

This is very odd because it looks like it is sending and receiving just fine
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I have tried that but it still wakes up my receiver every 10 seconds.

I haven't noticed any connection problems with the older and updated version of your plugin.

Comment

Would it help if I used the Onkyo android app and capture the packages that it sends/receives?

Comment

Blade did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the exact same problem with the same receiver... I am using .47 PI on a tx-nr545. I've noticed to fix it, all I have to do is disconnect in the HS3 web interface and it is fine for a while. In the meantime, until it is fixed I think I will make an event to disconnect for me every 30 minutes.

Comment

Hi I just installed the plugin again.
                        I was hoping the new update on my Onkyo also solved the 'not available' but it not.
                        I don't know if you are interested in adjusting the plugin for the 545 Onkyo but in case you are I captured the traffic from the Onkyo app on my phone and the plugin.
                        I think the plugin request a value that is not available.
                        Attached Files

Comment

What is showing as "not available"?
                          Is there a particular device that is not updating?
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Every 10 seconds (same as the polling setting in the plugin) the 'not available' message shows on the receiver display.

If the receiver is standby it goes on for a couple of seconds, shows the message then it turns of again.
                            If the receiver is on then it only shows the message.

I noticed that a couple of values in the plugin are 'not set'. When I click on 'Bass down' or any other 'not set' value, the receiver stops responding and I have to power cycle the receiver.

I've added a screenshot of all the value's. There are quit a couple not set.

Would it help if I used the perl/python plugin for Onkyo to see if I can generate the same 'not available' message with that plugin?
                            Attached Files

Comment

It might be helpful to do that and see which command causes it
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Ok I will try to find the error.
                                Are all the vallues that are vissible in the dashboard the only vallues requested in the plug-in?

Comment

Working...
                                X