Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
    Randy,

I discovered that if I disable and remove the HSTouch plugin while still on .318 and then do the install of .333, the plugins will install properly. At least this is what worked for me.

Bob
    I probably should have done that. That was my plan, but I neglected to do so. The problem is that you cannot reinstall a higher version that has been previously installed, without it wiping out all the licensing information.

So I did the next best thing, copying scheduler.dll, HSCF.dll, HomeSeerAPI.dll and HS3.exe from .333 into my working .318 system. This worked fine and did not create the errors. I still get control from the default HSTouch project, but no updates to the device status. I do now see cameras in the default project, but cannot get them to display stills or streams. I will double check the URLs for these cameras.

Sonos still doesn't speak. It is interesting that the Sonos proxy will play (speak) a wave file, but the following TTS is silent. Going back to .319 restored normal operation.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Sonos still doesn't speak. It is interesting that the Sonos proxy will play (speak) a wave file, but the following TTS is silent. Going back to .319 restored normal operation.
      Randy,

I seem to remember that Dirk wrote that the Sonos PI converts TTS in the event to a wav file. So, could it be that the PI is no longer able to convert to wav because of a lost dependency, or could it be that the location of the Sonos converted wav file is not in the intended directory?
      Michael

Comment

Randy,

I went through the same issues last night with the plugins not starting and then having problems with licensing and previous versions. I always backup the entire HS3 folder prior to any testing, as I am sure you always do. I discovered this morning that if I removed the HSTouch plugin first the upgrade seemed to work fine.

The really strange thing is that last night my device status would update on my client. Today I cannot get the status to change even though the device control works properly.

I got normal TTS to work on the local HS3 PC but the TTS to Sonos will not work. According to the log SONOS creates a WAV file that is then played by the plugin. I can go to the /html/Sonos/announcements folder and find the .wav file but the TTS is never put into the file.

Bob

Comment

This is all about the same as what I am experiencing.

It also occurred to me that failure to update status is the same reason why I have been unable to run the HSTouch server betas since last year. To prove it I just installed 3.0.0.104 (with HS 3.0.0.318) and the status does not update, but I have control. Going back to 3.0.0.68 restored normal operation.

I really do not want to devote any more time to this, so I will watch and wait to see if there is some resolution while staying on 3.0.0.318.

It also occurs to me that I have never run debug logging on HS3. It looks like I need to use an immediate script to enable it, unless I am missing something obvious.

Something like &hs.DebugMode = 147
          Last edited by randy; July 4, 2017, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Going back to 3.0.0.68 restored normal operation.
            Good find. I also have been using .68 because I could not get the newer HSTouch beta plugins to work. Could be a clue.

Bob

Comment

I and a number of other people have repeatedly mentioned that the later HSTouch betas do not work, but I have not seen any response from the HS3 team.

Comment

JowieHue plug-in does not load under .333 either.

jul-04 19.12.10
                JowiHue
                Error: (Bridgescan):====== disable this plugin until the issue is resolved?
                jul-04 19.12.10
                JowiHue
                Error: (Bridgescan):====== Please remove this file and make sure the Newtonsoft.Json.DLL in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\JowiHue is present
                jul-04 19.12.10
                JowiHue
                Error: (Bridgescan):====== Probably there is a different version of this file in either C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3 or C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin
                jul-04 19.12.10
                JowiHue
                Error: (Bridgescan):====== The plugin has an issue with a wrong placed Newtonsoft.Json.DLL file
                jul-04 19.12.10
                JowiHue
                Error: (UDPListener):Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Comment

The other unusual thing I discovered about the later HSTouch betas was large groups of devices being completely missing. I explained the fix in this thread. But after that fi, I found device status was not updating and went back to .68.
                  Last edited by randy; July 4, 2017, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Randy,

I ran the SONOS debug and confirmed that the .wav file is not being created when an event is run with TTS. The SONOS debug did show a possible problem with the path to the file. See below where the typical Linux vs Windows file path has the wrong delimiter.

Code:
                    7/4/2017 1:16:03 PM : DoCheckAnnouncementQueue is Linked and activated with HostName = DEFAULT:* Text = The Time is <say-as type="time">1:16 PM</say-as>, It is 84.4 degrees outside and 75 degrees inside, and, You have used 28.5 gallons of water, and, your power usage is 4097 Watts and LinkgroupName = ALL
                    7/4/2017 1:16:03 PM : DoCheckAnnouncementQueue adds file = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_ALL_1 to Queue

Comment

Randy,

I ran the SONOS debug and confirmed that the .wav file is not being created when an event is run with TTS. The SONOS debug did show a possible problem with the path to the file. See below where the typical Linux vs Windows file path has the wrong delimiter.

Code:
                      7/4/2017 1:16:03 PM : DoCheckAnnouncementQueue is Linked and activated with HostName = DEFAULT:* Text = The Time is <say-as type="time">1:16 PM</say-as>, It is 84.4 degrees outside and 75 degrees inside, and, You have used 28.5 gallons of water, and, your power usage is 4097 Watts and LinkgroupName = ALL
                      7/4/2017 1:16:03 PM : DoCheckAnnouncementQueue adds file = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_ALL_1 to Queue
                      I run Windows. I am currently back on .318. I will take a look at Sonos debug under .333 a little later.

Comment

So I am guessing this is the HSTouch "replacement" that Mark eluded to a couple months ago?? Is moving the plugin to the core application really a replacement? Did HS just complicated things when they need to fix bugs in HSTouch by having to rebuild the whole core?

I have been following this thread from the beginning, and not sure if this was a good move or not (knowing my opinion doesn't matter).

Comment

Randy,

Code:
                          You are on to something. Under Windows the path delimiters are inconsistent. I ran a Sonos announcement that has a chime then some spoken text. The chime.wav plays, but no TTS.

From Sonos Debug, the announcement
                          Code:
                          7/4/2017 1:15:49 PM : AddAnnouncementToQueue called for LinkGroupName = TIME and Text = c:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Wave\Chime2.wav|Good Afternoon <silence msec='500'/> it is  <say-as type="time">1:15 PM</say-as> <silence msec='250'/>  88.5,degrees<silence msec='250'/>  10,percent humidity
                          The chime
                          Code:
                          7/4/2017 1:15:50 PM : DoCheckAnnouncementQueue is Linked and activated with HostName = *:* Text = c:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Wave\Chime2.wav and LinkgroupName = TIME
                          The TTS
                          Code:
                          7/4/2017 1:15:50 PM : DoCheckAnnouncementQueue adds file = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_TIME_0 to Queue
                          7/4/2017 1:15:50 PM : DoCheckAnnouncementQueue calling SpeakToFile with Text Good Afternoon <silence msec='500'/> it is  <say-as type="time">1:15 PM</say-as> <silence msec='250'/>  88.5,degrees<silence msec='250'/>  10,percent humidity and File C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_TIME_1.wav
                          Note that the path delimiters are correct for the wave file, but inconsistent for the TTS. It is also interesting that the paths are the same for your Linux and my Windows.

This explains why Sonos TTS is not working,but has nothing to do with HSTouch not updating.

Comment

Note that the path delimiters are correct for the wave file, but inconsistent for the TTS. It is also interesting that the paths are the same for your Linux and my Windows.
                            Randy,

I am also running windows now. I switched from Ubuntu awhile back but recognized the delimiter issue from when HS started with Linux. This problem appears to be a SONOS plugin problem. I do not know why the .318 works and .333 does not. Maybe .313 checks for reverse delimiters and corrects them. I need to look at the debug from .318 to see if the problem exists there. I also have a chime before the above announcement and SONOS creates a .mp3 which works fine.

This explains why Sonos TTS is not working,but has nothing to do with HSTouch not updating.
                            I did confirm that the device status page in HS does properly update, just not the client. I could live with the update issue for awhile since most things are automatically controlled or controlled by Alexa but, the Announcement problem is a show stopper for me.

Comment

Randy,

I am also running windows now. I switched from Ubuntu awhile back but recognized the delimiter issue from when HS started with Linux. This problem appears to be a SONOS plugin problem. I do not know why the .318 works and .333 does not. Maybe .313 checks for reverse delimiters and corrects them. I need to look at the debug from .318 to see if the problem exists there. I also have a chime before the above announcement and SONOS creates a .mp3 which works fine.

I did confirm that the device status page in HS does properly update, just not the client. I could live with the update issue for awhile since most things are automatically controlled or controlled by Alexa but, the Announcement problem is a show stopper for me.
                              The path delimiters are indeed a bit inconsistent, I've always known about it but it really doesn't matter for Windows.

So I call hs.SpeakToFile with indeed a path that has some inconsistent delimiters. I suspect something got changed in this function so I fixed the delimiters. Interestingly enough, now HS is spitting out errors ie.

Jul-04 3:28:16 PM Error In SpeakDev calling a speak proxy plug-in, exception is Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              Jul-04 3:28:07 PM Error In SpeakToFile: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              ... back to Rich ....
                              I will post the updated version under my forum here (https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...49&postcount=2)

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                We have released a HS3 beta version 3.0.0.332 with some major changes, so we are looking for testers.

This version has moved the HSTouch Server plugin functionality into HS3, so the plugin is no longer used and will not be loaded (even if the file exists). This change was made primarily so we could expose the cameras to our JSON API in a future update. It also does the following:

* Speeds up client access, including camera viewing
                                * Frees up a plugin slot on the Zee S2 so an extra plugin can be loaded

Please post if you see any issues.
                                I'm assuming that anyone testing this beta is disabling and uninstalling the HSTouch plugin before they upgrade as per the information above as their is no longer any need for it.

I'm running this beta under Raspbian Jessie and Mono 4x and experienced no real problems so far.

I'm guessing most of the problems are arising using Windows OS.

Comment

Working...
                                X