Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more value for Aqara rounded switch

Hi Wim,

By accident (a tool pressed it by chance a long moment), I found that there's one more value for the rounded switch, the one you call ZHASwitch-30 in the XML :

If the pressure is held on the button, it gives the value 1000.

For now, I've manually added this in the Status Graphics tabs, but it would be great to add it in the XML.

Please note that if you relax the button, then it send "Pressed one time". I tried to held it after double press but this doesn't give anything.

By the way, is there a place on the Gothub where we could find the existing values, otherwise than letting fall a hammer on it by chance ? Hahaha.

Anyway, this is very cool to be able firing things with long pressure. Aqara sell really creative stuff.

Comment

What XML is this you all talk about?

Comment

It's a file you don't have to care about in normal use of Jowihue, that contains database informations such as position/press/etc.

You can find it in your computer @ program files -> HomeSeer HS3 -> Config.

It allows to add functions for a particular device, without waiting for a new Beta.

Am I correct Wim ?

Comment

Hmm, not finding a JowiHue ini file anywhere.

Comment

The file is JowiHueImports.xml in the Config folder. It is loaded by the plugin and renamed to JowiHueImports.xml.old. It gets overwritten when the plugin is installed/updated and reloaded when the plugin restarts. If you want to tweak it then copy JowiHueImports.xml.old to JowiHueImports.xml and make changes to it (be careful). The plugin checks about every 10 or 15 minutes and will load it and rename it to .old.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
              What XML is this you all talk about?
              Racerfern,

About the XMl file:

Once this plugin comes out of beta (the way things are looking, this could be next week) there will be new devices added for sure to deCONZ. the plugin is now ready to use any sensor with true/false status, temperature, humidity and pressure devices as long they follow standards and are defined in deCONZ.

But there will always come other sensors that are more complex (like the Philips motion sensor is combining multiple sensors really) or use different button values. The XML file we are mentioning is a way of defining those sensors, without the need of sending out a new version of the plugin.

I hope this is now enabled with the current state of the plugin. I imagine I will create a sticky post with this XML file in it in the near future, and keep this updated with the latest sensors you guys find and use. Just keep feeding those values :-)

@Michel, yes You are exactly right! I only do not need the ZHA identification, but I need the modelid from the properties/JowiHue tab of the device... I added three aqara switches last time... am not 100% sure wich device it was.... I have them here all on order now... much easier to know what I am talking about then..

@Bill, that is exactly right, but really be carefull editting it and also be aware that a new version will certainly undo the changes. If you change it and it works, make sure I know so I could incorporate the changes centrally too.

Wim
              Last edited by w.vuyk; February 24, 2018, 10:37 AM.
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thank you all.

Comment

Wim,

There are two RWL021 entries, one with Type of ZHASwitch and one of ZLLSwitch, which may be what you want to do. But there is no RWL020. I just copied the RWL021 entry and changed the name to RWL020. I discovered this when I was having problems with a Hue switch and deCONZ and deleted it and recreated it.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

You'll find several ZHA and ZLL doubles. This is because the Philips bridge is reporting ZLL devices, where deCONZ is reporting ZHA. So these doubles are necessary

Is this the same device as the RWL21? Something like EU model vs US model maybe? I will add these.
                    I remember other user complaining about the Hue dimmerswitch not having the correct button configuration... that would explain it!

Wim
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wim,

Copying RWL021 to RWL020 seems to work OK.

A new problem I have just noticed. With temperature sensors, both Hue and deCONZ, some time in early January the fractional part of the temperature disappeared. All values are now whole numbers. I track device values in a database, and some time in early January it changed, not sure what version of the plugin that would have been.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

Can you check on the device properties, graphics tab? There should be "2" on decimal places? I was fighting with the divisor value at that time?
                        If it is not "2", try to press the button "rebuild device values" on the Jowi Hue tab?

Wim

** PS I will be adding the RWL020 to the XML in the release **
                        -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

The decimal places is 2. It is the device value that is always a whole number, as if it is being truncated. I checked other sensors (zwave, rfxcom, etc.) and they show values like 72.7, but all JowiHue devices always show 72, or 73. It was not always like this, as I have those values stored in a database from early January and before, and the values were with two decimal places, 72.73, for example.

Thanks for the RWL020.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

Will check the plugin here. It might be that we are looking at a Linux issue with decimal calculation as I added that halfway Januari....

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Bill,

I think I have the issue here. You are looking at Fahrenheit values I think?
                              Somehow with the change I changed the recalculation to Fahrenheit and stripped the 2 decimals away. Celcius is still ok here

Will be solved with the release

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Wim,
                                Yes, Fahrenheit.
                                Thanks,
                                Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X