Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSLS100+ excessive battery drain - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSLS100+ excessive battery drain - Solved!

I have two HSLS100+ and one of them was draining the battery a percent or more per day. HS was fantastic about replacing (both of us assuming a bad unit). I received the replacement unit and it behaved the same. One was using the remote sensor (on the second floor) and the "bad" unit was placed directly on the cement basement floor. I wondered about a drain to ground with a, relatively, low potential to ground. Moved the basement sensor to the remote pad and battery drain has stopped and even recovered some.

That's very interesting! I do not have any of the HS flood sensors, but I noticed my two Fibaro flood sensors drained quite quick. I actually connected an external power supply to the sensor to avoid changing batteries every 4-6 months. I will give this a try, Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jasonr2231 View Post
      I have two HSLS100+ and one of them was draining the battery a percent or more per day. HS was fantastic about replacing (both of us assuming a bad unit). I received the replacement unit and it behaved the same. One was using the remote sensor (on the second floor) and the "bad" unit was placed directly on the cement basement floor. I wondered about a drain to ground with a, relatively, low potential to ground. Moved the basement sensor to the remote pad and battery drain has stopped and even recovered some.
      So, we should always use the remote probe instead of directly on concrete floor?
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Energy Harvesting

Maybe soon, we won't even need the battery.

Low-Cost,Self-Powering Wireless Sensors & Sensor Networks

https://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/...40616-1435.pdf

Comment

Basement Floor

My theory as that this is only affected by the basement concrete floor in direct contact with the ground. I have in-floor heat with cement floors on second floor. Locations on those floors have not been an issue.

Comment

Just an idea. I set mine on top of a very thin sponge. Sponge absorbs water fast and then activates sensor. Keeps it off the concrete.

Comment

Genius!!!!!!

Comment

Battery Question

Can anyone tell me if the parameters go back to default once the battery is removed/changed?

Thanks
                Gary

Comment

Working...
                X