www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Irrigation Plug-ins > Irrigation Discussion

Irrigation Discussion Discussion of irrigation integration with HomeSeer systems.

Old June 4th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Seer

install failed

Hello,
Tried to install the plugin for my opensprinkler 3.0
Unfortunately this failed.
Can somebody explain how I can fix this.
Homeseer 3, linux
Thanks, see log below for details.

Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Install/Update of package OpenSprinkler failed.
Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Error Installation of package OpenSprinkler failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Error, package file not found: /home/pi/HomeSeer/Updates3/OpenSprinkler2.1.6.0/OS_error.png
Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_error.png
Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_disabled.png
Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_Device.png
Jun-04 22:22:27 Updater Installing package OpenSprinkler
Jun-04 22:22:27 Updater Update HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe downloaded successfully
Jun-04 22:22:26 Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Keuken with device name = uuid:RINCON_949F3E094EAC01400 and Model = S12
Jun-04 22:22:25 Updater Downloading update: OpenSprinkler
Jun-04 22:22:25 Updater Starting download of updates
Old June 9th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJJPtx View Post
Can you add support for multiple controllers? I have 2.
I wish OpenSprinker themselves would support two controllers. I have a controller in the front garage and one in the rear workshop. To far and to much concrete to get them wired all to one controller I hate having to use two separate controllers and use the app separate and everything also. I would like a remote zone controller I guess.
Old June 9th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by integlikewhoa View Post
I wish OpenSprinker themselves would support two controllers. I have a controller in the front garage and one in the rear workshop. To far and to much concrete to get them wired all to one controller I hate having to use two separate controllers and use the app separate and everything also. I would like a remote zone controller I guess.
I thought they added remote controller support in firmware 2.1.6? I haven't tried it yet because my 2.1 hardware couldn't be upgraded without special tools. . .
Old June 9th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechFan View Post
I thought they added remote controller support in firmware 2.1.6?
I'm browsing to the forums now to see, but I haven't found anything in the menu of one to add another IP or controller. I very well could be missing it though.

I'm on:
Hardware 2.2 - AC

EDIT:

https://opensprinkler.com/product/opensprinkler/

I see under "Features, Expandable" It says
"8 zones on the main controller; expandable to 56 zones with OpenSprinkler expansion boards. Have more than 56 zones? Our app can manage multiple OpenSprinkler systems for limitless expansion."

So I see the app can connect to more then one controller (not at a time) and maybe that's what you ment, but I mean same results as an expansion board where all the zones show up one controller. Only difference is it would be a IP based expansion board rather then a serial cable I guess. I have internet swich and wifi AP back there already.

Last edited by integlikewhoa; June 9th, 2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old June 9th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Seer Master

I haven't actually tried it yet, so I don't know exactly how it works, but I see some settings for remote stations in the 2.1.6 API document.

It sounds like you can add remote stations to the main controllers programs at least. A change to this feature is also mentioned in the 2.1.7 release notes, but it does appear this could be broken in 2.1.7

https://opensprinkler.com/forums/top...-2-1-7-update/

I have discussed this functionality previously with Ray (OSS developer) so I am pretty sure the main system is supposed to be able to manage remote stations (but I need to get the 2.1.6 firmware on my HW 2.1 OSS first).

Quote:
Originally Posted by integlikewhoa View Post
I'm browsing to the forums now to see, but I haven't found anything in the menu of one to add another IP or controller. I very well could be missing it though.

I'm on:
Hardware 2.2 - AC

EDIT:

https://opensprinkler.com/product/opensprinkler/

I see under "Features, Expandable" It says
"8 zones on the main controller; expandable to 56 zones with OpenSprinkler expansion boards. Have more than 56 zones? Our app can manage multiple OpenSprinkler systems for limitless expansion."

So I see the app can connect to more then one controller (not at a time) and maybe that's what you ment, but I mean same results as an expansion board where all the zones show up one controller. Only difference is it would be a IP based expansion board rather then a serial cable I guess. I have internet swich and wifi AP back there already.
Old June 18th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deem View Post
Hello,
Tried to install the plugin for my opensprinkler 3.0
Unfortunately this failed.
Can somebody explain how I can fix this.
Homeseer 3, linux
Thanks, see log below for details.

Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Install/Update of package OpenSprinkler failed.
Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Error Installation of package OpenSprinkler failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Error, package file not found: /home/pi/HomeSeer/Updates3/OpenSprinkler2.1.6.0/OS_error.png
Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_error.png
Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_disabled.png
Jun-04 22:22:28 Updater Copying file: \home\pi\HomeSeer\html\Images\OpenSprinkler\OS_Device.png
Jun-04 22:22:27 Updater Installing package OpenSprinkler
Jun-04 22:22:27 Updater Update HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe downloaded successfully
Jun-04 22:22:26 Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Keuken with device name = uuid:RINCON_949F3E094EAC01400 and Model = S12
Jun-04 22:22:25 Updater Downloading update: OpenSprinkler
Jun-04 22:22:25 Updater Starting download of updates
Looks like there's a typo in the install.txt file. It's looking for OS_Error.png but the file in the install zip is OS_error.png. Windows isn't as concerned about case sensitivity, but linux is. Hopefully the dev will fix it.

So you'll need to manually copy the files to their correct locations and then go to the Manage Plugins part of Homeseer to activate it.
Old June 18th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Seer

So I decided to give this plugin a shot on my Zee (linux). I manually installed the plugin by copying the exe to the Homeseer root, the ini to the Config, and the images to "images/OpenSprinkler"

The log is filled with "Error: OpenSprinkler Device is not responding"

Also, I can't get the settings page for this plugin to load. Clicking on the Opensprinkler Plugin's config link causes the page to load forever. The following two errors show up in the log:

Initializing plug-in(2): OpenSprinkler Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0

and

Getting web page from plugin page Config:Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Old June 22nd, 2017, 02:38 PM
Seer

OK, I went into the folder and changed the OS_Error.png into OS_error.png.
I re-installed the plugin. Now it worked. However a new problem occurred.
It kept repeating the message;OS-Plugin Error: OpenSprinkler Device is not responding

Code:
Jun-22 20:19:47	 	OS-Plugin	Error: OpenSprinkler Device is not responding
Jun-22 20:19:46	 	Info	Plugin OpenSprinkler has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:40141
Old June 23rd, 2017, 02:06 PM
Seer

Quote:
Also, I can't get the settings page for this plugin to load. Clicking on the Opensprinkler Plugin's config link causes the page to load forever. The following two errors show up in the log:
Same here. I changed the .ini file with correct ip adress and pswd, but did not help.
Old July 11th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Seer Plus

I had the same issue so I disabled the opensprinkler plugin then went found the plugin file on my HD and deleted it. Once it was deleted I went to PI manager and reinstalled the opensprinkler plugin and it now works fine.