www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer General Discussion Area

HomeSeer General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old July 20th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
Have you tried Tasker for fence type detection? I suspect none of these are going to work as they all work the same way. I've tried this app and IFTTT and both false trigger to the point where they are not usable.
I use tasker and autolocation now and it has alot of options for me. It really working great, just browsing others and testing.
Old August 8th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmontr View Post
Did you whitelist the App in the "Battery Optimizations"? (For Samsung thru Smart Manager)

In the new EgiGeoZoneBT 1.1.2 I tried to suppress the false triggers.
Go to the App settings and check "ignore false reports".
Where is the main place to show your changelog and talk about the latest beta versions? I see your on 1.1.43 now? What about the regular EgiGeoZone is it working as well as the BT betas are?
Old August 8th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Super Seer

My experience using an Android 7.0 device is that EgiGeozone (non BT version) is rock solid when using the Pathsense API. I don't get any false triggers.

Paul..
Old August 8th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooty View Post
My experience using an Android 7.0 device is that EgiGeozone (non BT version) is rock solid when using the Pathsense API. I don't get any false triggers.

Paul..
I'm using the beta BT version right now with Pathsense and its working good with no falses.

I did have one time one two phones that we came back from a weeked vacation where we drove up north for a 4 day weekend. When I got home neither phone would recognize we were home. Even though it should we were less then 50m from home it would not turn green and kick on that we were. I had to click google then back to Pathsense and both phones then turned green and fired off that we were home. Not sure if someone know why that happened. We used our phones during the drive and didn't fly or anything.
Old August 9th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Seer

I use Backitude https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ackitude&hl=en on Android 7.0 for location in conjunction with the PHLocation plugin https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1488. Works great for triggering events based on geofence or location. Also both the app and plugin are free.
Old August 9th, 2017, 10:13 PM
Seer Master

Also using Tasker and Autolocation for quite some time now. I have also used Owntracks as well but wanted to be able to update HS with more information than it provides.
Old August 10th, 2017, 02:57 AM
Seer Deluxe

I have started using Taskers 'Cell Near' option. It works really well and, so far, has resolved the incosistencies I was seeing with all the other location based options.
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:00 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by integlikewhoa View Post
Where is the main place to show your changelog and talk about the latest beta versions?
The main place is here
https://egigeozone.de/beta/default_en.html
and here vor non Beta
https://egigeozone.de/history/default_en.html
But sometime it takes some time until I update

Quote:
I see your on 1.1.43 now?
The 1.1.43 is only an documentation issue in the Play Store. It should be 1.1.4.

Quote:
What about the regular EgiGeoZone is it working as well as the BT betas are?
Yes, but has no Bluetooth support.
Old August 11th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmontr View Post
The main place is here
Yes, but has no Bluetooth support.
I don't need Bluetooth but was using that version per your request that is was a Beta with some newer features to test. You might have meant this but I just want to be clear, is the non BT version now updated to include these beta features that are in the BT version. Sorry for asking again.
Old August 13th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Seer

Yes, now the non Beta has quite all included.