This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deploy to Android Tablet

Very basic question. How does one deploy an HS Touch project to an Android Tablet? I have a somewhat generic tablet running Android 2.2 on the way.

Is it just a matter of copying the project to a particular directory on the device?

Fire up the designer and then connect the Android client to the HSTouch server (and it will probably display the old project), once they are both connected then in the designer click Tools > Deploy and your droid client should be listed in the list - then click OK on the message box that shows up and it should begin deployment. The client must be connected to HS for it to display in the list...

Comment

"connect the Android client to the HSTouch server" - Stupid question, you obviously mean via USB? The HS server will find this new device?

Comment

no sorry just like you do normally, by loading HSTouch on the tablet and connecting to it over the network (be it local or remote, the HS log will show entries saying it has connected) - no need to have any physical connection.

Comment

Ah, makes sense. Now the only question I have is where and how do I get HS Touch on the Android Client? Is this just from the Android Market?

Comment

Originally posted by kwolter View Post
            Is this just from the Android Market?
            Yes under HSTouch.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Awesome guys. Thanks for the help!

Comment

One more basic and probably stupid question here.
                I've read all of the above.
                I have designer installed on another computer, which does connect to the HS machine. As it is, I see no "deploy" button.
                Do I need to be working with Designer on the HS machine in order to deploy a project? I was hoping this was not to be the case as I like to work mainly remotly from the HS server.
                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                  I have designer installed on another computer, which does connect to the HS machine. As it is, I see no "deploy" button.
                  Do I need to be working with Designer on the HS machine in order to deploy a project? I was hoping this was not to be the case as I like to work mainly remotly from the HS server.
                  No, I run the designer on another PC from my HS PC and can deploy.

The deploy option should be in the Tools menu, do you not even have it on the menu or are you saying there is nothing inside the deploy menu?

Comment

Your clients need to be runing HSTouch for this option to show.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I did say stupid.
                      Yes, the pad wasn't on HSTouch.
                      Now I have a deploy button on the remote machine. HSTouch running on the pad. Press deploy in Designer, but nothing happens.
                      The pad is currently on the sample project and I know of no way to exit this if necessary.

Is there a manual for HSTouch or is it all trial and error?

I should mention I just updated the plugin(s). Perhaps I broke something. Looking...

Comment

I did say stupid.
                        Yes, the pad wasn't on HSTouch.
                        Now I have a deploy button on the remote machine. HSTouch running on the pad. Press deploy in Designer, but nothing happens.
                        The pad is currently on the sample project and I know of no way to exit this if necessary.

Is there a manual for HSTouch or is it all trial and error?

I should mention I just updated the plugin(s). Perhaps I broke something. Looking...
                        Where you have the deploy option in the designer are you getting the pop out sub menu to the right with a list of the connected clients or you just getting the button on its own.

There is a help file in the designer which has some info in.

Comment

In order for the Designer to deploy to the Touchpad; it needs to be connected to the mothership. For a new touchpad client; you install configure HSTouch (android) such that it talks to the mother ship. Leave it running; you'll get a plain screen with no elements on it until you deploy your setup.

When you are doing the deployment watch your tablet and you will see the update en vivo live.

I do all my HSTouch clients stuff on my desktop PC. I back up the work directory to the NAS. Years ago I did run into issues trying to do the same using the shared configuration directory NAS; didn't work as expected. The whole idea though was to be able to tweak or design a screen from any computer on the network which was running the HS designer.

For the android client; you need to bring up the configuration menu and change it from the defaults which go to Homeseer dot com for a generic example Android screen to pointing the Android client to your HS mothership at home with a configured user name and password, IP et al. Getting to the menu on the android client is just a swipe of the screen. You won't be able to deploy to the client until its configured to talk to your Homeseer mothership.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                            Where you have the deploy option in the designer are you getting the pop out sub menu to the right with a list of the connected clients or you just getting the button on its own.

There is a help file in the designer which has some info in.
                            I wasn't, until I realized the pad wasn't actually connected to HS and eventually found the GST configuration screen on the pad. I'm new to these things as well. (I underlined "some" on your behalf )

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            In order for the Designer to deploy to the Touchpad; it needs to be connected to the mothership. For a new touchpad client; you install configure HSTouch (android) such that it talks to the mother ship. Leave it running; you'll get a plain screen with no elements on it until you deploy your setup.

When you are doing the deployment watch your tablet and you will see the update en vivo live.

I do all my HSTouch clients stuff on my desktop PC. I back up the work directory to the NAS. Years ago I did run into issues trying to do the same using the shared configuration directory NAS; didn't work as expected. The whole idea though was to be able to tweak or design a screen from any computer on the network which was running the HS designer.

For the android client; you need to bring up the configuration menu and change it from the defaults which go to Homeseer dot com for a generic example Android screen to pointing the Android client to your HS mothership at home with a configured user name and password, IP et al. Getting to the menu on the android client is just a swipe of the screen. You won't be able to deploy to the client until its configured to talk to your Homeseer mothership.
                            I'd lost access to the board for a while before I could read this and managed to get there by going to my iPad, which I'd configured a couple of years ago.

I'm finally connected. Now I'm struggling with my Zip Code for the weather page... I don't have a Zip code. Most of the world isn't in the United States. (HS needs to be reminded once in a while.)
                            Again, I did this once with the iPad and somehow got it to work in Canada, but I no longer have that file and can't seem to find the info on the iPad. It's probably an older version of the project file.

Eventually, I'll manage to design my own project, but for now I want to use the one supplied with Designer.

Comment

I know the Zip / weather stuff is in the predesigned pages somewhere like it was on your IPad.

I noticed too that I lost access to the BBS for a while earlier today.

Gave up after repeated attempts to work on my outside LED stuff; cold out there today though; not a day to be soldering any wires (like 20 F here today).

I did fix my NAS configured HSTouch client setups using an XML editor; very time consuming. You can though shortcut it some; but doing a search and edit with an XML editor of the configuration XML file on the touch client or just the designer saved file.
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                              X