This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync Linked Responder Devices

Standard Edition 2.5.0.49, 1.8.2.10, 162 devices.

Moved recently into new home. Brought HomeSeer from former home and installed all new Insteon devices with the exception of lamp and appliance modules.

I have several Keypadlincs and lots of linked dimmers. Linking all done through the application.

A couple of days ago I experienced a shut down of HomeSeer for unexplained reasons. Have had this before in the old house and was never able to determine why. After I restarted the application, I have noticed that many of my devices were not showing correct status. I found that with few exceptions the "Sync linked responder devices" boxes were no longer checked. The actual links between the devices are intact.

I have gone through and checked the box for all of the devices.

Not sure this warrants a lot of effort - but if it continues to recur it would be problematic.

Originally posted by gjtherk@comcast.net View Post
    Standard Edition 2.5.0.49, 1.8.2.10, 162 devices.

Moved recently into new home. Brought HomeSeer from former home and installed all new Insteon devices with the exception of lamp and appliance modules.

I have several Keypadlincs and lots of linked dimmers. Linking all done through the application.

A couple of days ago I experienced a shut down of HomeSeer for unexplained reasons. Have had this before in the old house and was never able to determine why. After I restarted the application, I have noticed that many of my devices were not showing correct status. I found that with few exceptions the "Sync linked responder devices" boxes were no longer checked. The actual links between the devices are intact.

I have gone through and checked the box for all of the devices.

Not sure this warrants a lot of effort - but if it continues to recur it would be problematic.
    I typically write these kinds of settings to the ini immediately however I believe there is some cacheing occurring on the hs side. so if the ini isn't updated before the crash, then the settings could get lost.

let me know if it happens again and if it is just the "Sync linked responder devices" setting being lost
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Syncing

As far as I could determine, it was only the "Sync linked responder devices" setting that changed. I will keep an eye on it and let you know if I learn more or if it occurs again.

Thank You

Comment

Working...
      X