Trigger event every hour at the top of the hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger event every hour at the top of the hour

I can't fathom the difference between the "from the top of the hour every.." trigger and the "once per hour from the top of the hour every.." trigger.

As usual, the help file offers nothing, and neither does the trigger text once configured.

Any advice on how to get an event to trigger every hour, at the top of the hour please?
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
    I can't fathom the difference between the "from the top of the hour every.." trigger and the "once per hour from the top of the hour every.." trigger.

As usual, the help file offers nothing, and neither does the trigger text once configured.

Any advice on how to get an event to trigger every hour, at the top of the hour please?
    There are three recurring triggers:

The first starts when HomeSeer does and triggers at an interval determined by the recurring trigger time setting. If you set it for 10 minutes, it will trigger every 10 minutes from the random start time as long as HomeSeer is running. If HomeSeer starts at 10:07, it will trigger at 10:17, 10:27, 10:37, etc.

The second one is the same as the first but it starts at the top of the hour and repeats at the selected interval. It restarts at the top of every hour and then triggers at the set interval. If it is set for 6 minutes it will trigger at 10:06, 10:12, 10:18, etc.

The third will Trigger only once per hour, from the top of the hour at the selected interval. If you set it for 6 minutes it will trigger at 6:06, 7:06, 8:06, etc.

The recurring triggers that use the top of the hour as a starting point, ignore hours in the interval settings, you can only set minutes and seconds.

An event that triggers at the top of the hour, every hour is "This event will automatically trigger from the top of the hour every..." 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by randy; January 1, 2016, 08:50 AM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Many thanks for clarifying this. I had same problem as beerygaz.

Comment

this is just conterintuitive rjh .

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
          this is just conterintuitive rjh .
          If you think it is counter-intuitive can you give a explanation of how you would do it to help? Is what Randy posted not just what it says in the list?
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Counterintuitive was not the good word. Hours and and days should be removed for the last two triggers.

sorry for the confusion .

Comment

Counterintuitive was not the good word. Hours and and days should be removed for the last two triggers.

OK, that makes more sense. I didn't know what part you were talking about.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Days are not offered. While using standardized language for all three is a little clumsy, using hours also works for the last 2. Try it yourself When you use hours from the picker, the last two Triggers will behave identically. I’m not sure I would be inclined to choose once per hour every 4 hours, but if you choose it, HS will make it work.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B895FA07-DA8E-45DB-BEA9-B649234B8DB9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	24.8 KB ID:	1395288

Click image for larger version  Name:	8B085E08-7349-49FF-AF2D-7C50EEE45EEF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	16.6 KB ID:	1395289
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hi,

I too was struggling with these triggers, and found this additional source of confusion: when testing a trigger that e.g. kicks off at 20 mins. past the hour, and then reconfiguring the same trigger to kick off at 30 mins past the hour, when 30 mins past the hour is reached, the trigger doesnt fire, presumably because the trigger already fired once this hour at 20 mins past the hour.

The only way around this as best I can tell is to delete and re-add the trigger in the above scenario when trying to test 30 mins past. or wait a whole hour until 30 mins is reached again.

What I really would expect would be that any change to the trigger should "reset" the trigger as if it had not yet fired yet.

The above observation was made in HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows), I haven't yet gotten to HS4 so I can't say how it is handled there.

Thanks

Dennis

Comment

Working...
                  X