Trigger event once per hour from the top of the hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger event once per hour from the top of the hour

I would like to run one event e.g. 5min past every hour (once per hour) using trigger "The event will automatically trigger once per hour from the top of the hour at". This doesn't seem to work for me so the event is not triggerred at all. I have also tried "The event will automatically trigger from the top of the hour every" and this works. Normal recurring event trigger also works. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
    Last edited by jlikonen; February 6, 2016, 11:31 AM.

I tried the trigger "The event will trigger once per hour at the top of the hour at..." and the final event looks like this:
    IF The event will automatically trigger once every 10s after the hour.
    Not exactly what the initial trigger suggests: is it 'once per hour' or 'once every elapsed time? Quite confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by jlikonen View Post
      I would like to run one event e.g. 5min past every hour (once per hour) using trigger "The event will automatically trigger once per hour from the top of the hour at". This doesn't seem to work for me so the event is not triggerred at all. I have also tried "The event will automatically trigger from the top of the hour every" and this works. Normal recurring event trigger also works. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
      I have an event that runs at the top of the hour and several at 1, 2, 3 and 4 minutes after. They have all run reliably and on time for a long time. Can you post a screenshot of an event that is not running as it should?
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

FWIW I created an event today that runs 5 minutes after the hour and it works fine.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          I have an event that runs at the top of the hour and several at 1, 2, 3 and 4 minutes after. They have all run reliably and on time for a long time. Can you post a screenshot of an event that is not running as it should?
          I recreated the event and restarted HS3. The event fired at 7:01AM as it should but it didn't at 8:01AM. Cannot re-run for 10min is due to that the event fired twice at 7:01AM and this is not what I want to happen. I just noticed that the event had fired at 8:08AM so 7min later as it should have.
          Attached Files

Comment

I removed the "Cannot re-run for 10min". The recurring event had fired at 8:22AM which shouldn't have happened. Now I really don't know whether missing the event at 8:01AM was due to that I had "Cannot re-run for 10min" or not. I have to say that the event engine is behaving really weirdly. Really annoying situation.

Comment

Here I do not do a cannot rerun for XX minutes on my hourly chime. That said though for some reason I switched it to 1 second after the hour cuz I had issues with it running on the hour. It's been a while now but the hourly chime wouldn't work for me on the hour. That though is a few HS3 versions back and I haven't tried to change it back to the hour since then.

Looking at another repetitive event I see I set it up for ...

wait for the command to finish and also allow for one instance of the script to run at a time. That is one of two events running the same script but making a different call in the script providing me with two different autonomous sets of variables (some 20 to 30 of them). They do not step over each other when they run.

The second snapshot below is sourced at the Ubuntu Homeseer box but is actually running on an Oracle Windows Server VB on the Ubuntu box. I also am now running stuff on a W7 VB separate from the server instance doing other homeseer stuff.

I know you have already deleted and recreated the event a few times.

Have you had a look at the database just to see that what you have created is replicated in the database or if there is something different there?

Do you have any references in the script relating to it running timewise or outside the script references (to other events or variables?)?

Here I am running scripts for Homeseer but not in Homeseer using cron jobs for repetitive stuff. (hodgepodge of Python, bash and Perl stuff now).
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Pete; February 7, 2016, 02:15 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                Here I do not do a cannot rerun for XX minutes on my hourly chime. That said though for some reason I switched it to 1 second after the hour cuz I had issues with it running on the hour.

Looking at another repetitive event I see I set it up for ...

wait for the command to finish and also allow for one instance of the script to run at a time.

I know you have already deleted and recreated the event a few times.

Have you had a look at the database just to see that what you have created is replicated in the database or if there is something different there?
                I haven't had a look at the database yet. I had a tool for opening the database but now I don't remember which program I used.

Comment

There is a bunch of free ones for Windows or Linux on internetlandia.

I will look shortly at what I have running. I kept playing until I found one that works OK in Wintel and another one for Linux.

I copy out the .hsd file while HS3 is in the off mode and rename the extension to .db (I think) and it is read by the program. There are viewers and viewer/editors with tools to check and clean up dbs. Just go slow with them as you really want HS3 to do all of the DB stuff. I also back up the original just in case.

Personally the only time I can tell if there is something wrong is when I have a variable / event that will not go away. Then I just look for it in the DB and delete it. Other than than I just run the tools to scan the DB integrity.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

OK Windows wise utilize:

SqliteBrowser3

and

SQLite3 Management Studio (it is more colorful than the first one.) I like the first one better though.

Geez helping a media server author (Kimmo) right now from Finland. He wrote a program called Daphile. It is very much like a mini Squeezebox server only a bit better. It is only for Intel based CPUs and runs on a 150Mb USB stick.Trying Gentoo Linux play (never have played with it before). It runs on just about anything Intel CPU based.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thanks. I installed SqliteBrowser3 and had a quick look at the HS database file. I found the recurring event but it is somewhat difficult to look at the object data because it's binary (the text format is not that readable either).

My script was running under HS2 without any problems. Basically I read the energy, electricity and water meter data that are stored in different devices. Then I just write the data to a text file. Vey simple script. I just want to run this script once an hour.

Comment

Maybe try just to check the DB with the application. That and try the other application. There is more stuff in that one.

I did similiar in HS2. That though now doing similiar in HS3 but external to HS3 if that makes sense?

It shouldn't be running by itself or missing events like you show above. I have not seen that in HS3. That is where I thought maybe its something that you could see in the DB.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by jlikonen View Post
                          I recreated the event and restarted HS3. The event fired at 7:01AM as it should but it didn't at 8:01AM. Cannot re-run for 10min is due to that the event fired twice at 7:01AM and this is not what I want to happen. I just noticed that the event had fired at 8:08AM so 7min later as it should have.
                          Since you are working with Rich on trying to debug the multiple trigger issue already, I would try and grab a debug of this issue too and post it in that thread. There is definitely a bug in the event engine related to time triggered events. This only seems to affect some people.

Cheers
                          Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                            Since you are working with Rich on trying to debug the multiple trigger issue already, I would try and grab a debug of this issue too and post it in that thread. There is definitely a bug in the event engine related to time triggered events. This only seems to affect some people.

Cheers
                            Al
                            Hi Al,

This is a good point. I wasn't affected by this bug before I changed my HS server. HS3 was running quite smoothly on my previous server but I'm really struggling with the new server.

Comment

Hi Jari, I was playing with these types of events yesterday and am now seeing similar issues. Are you still seeing these after upgrading to the latest builds that Rich posted? One event I had ran once every two hours.

Cheers
                              Al

Comment

Working...
                              X