No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.368

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed that as well when I upgraded to mono 5.2.

Comment

@Bill,

Did you do a remove and purge of the previous version of Mono before installation of Mono 5.2?

Did that here with another user and it took longer to remove old mono than install new mono.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I wouldn't attempt to remove an older version of Mono. The trouble isn't worth it. It's quicker to reimage a vanilla version of Raspbian and load the latest versions of what you need at the same time.

I've a number of makefiles in the old system which were not the latest versions. I was able to install them too. An example is Mochad 0.1.17. The Sourceforge servers keeps serving up 0.1.16 as the latest version which I didn't realise at the time of installation. Well I manually downloaded 0.1.17 and x10 on the CM15 is operating a lot smoother. I certainly wouldn't try to remove a makefile either.

Comment

Thank you Peter.

Did this with one Homeseer user running with an Homeseer SEL. It had Mono V3.028 on it and Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit. I did more than just a remove. I removed any reference libraries to Mono. It seemed to have worked as when I installed Mono 5.X it did not catch any leftover dependencies. Historically though when I did this with the RPi2 Zee-2 build it wasn't always a clean old mono removal and it did cause issues.

I ran in to the issue with Homeseer user RPi of losing triggers for all 15 events on the users RPi when updating.

I did not know of the new backup Homeseer Labs tab that now includes Export events to JSON (to file localhost/events.json).

Here testing upgrade of mono which is currently running Mono 64 bit 4.x to 5.x. I should leave well enough alone as it is not dinging my CPU utilization at this time. It is being tested on an AMD dual core Xi5a with a 32Gb SSD drive or the Pine64 2Gb machine with a microSD card.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

HS3Touch cannot connect occassionally

When I upgraded to 357, HS3Touch (on my iPhone) would not longer connect to HS3 (running in Windows XP on a HomeTroller). I upgraded to 368 and HS3Touch now connects to HS3. However, about every other day, HS3Touch can no longer connect to HS3. The HS3Touch app page indicating the version number would show for about 10 seconds or so, and then the red message would come up saying that it cannot connect to HomeSeer. Whenever this has happened, I would restart HS3 and then HS3Touch would connect just fine for the next day or two. When HS3Touch can't connect, it can no longer connect and I'd have to restart HomeSeer. HomeSeer itself is running fine when this occurs, since I can access it via the web interface.

When HS3Touch can't connect to HomeSeer, nothing shows up in the HomeSeer log (I'm using default logging levels).

Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Can you look back in your log and see if there are any errors. There might be an error when it disconnects.

I have yet to see a client disconnect and not re-connect with 368. I assume you are on Windows?

Originally posted by randman View Post
              When I upgraded to 357, HS3Touch (on my iPhone) would not longer connect to HS3 (running in Windows XP on a HomeTroller). I upgraded to 368 and HS3Touch now connects to HS3. However, about every other day, HS3Touch can no longer connect to HS3. The HS3Touch app page indicating the version number would show for about 10 seconds or so, and then the red message would come up saying that it cannot connect to HomeSeer. Whenever this has happened, I would restart HS3 and then HS3Touch would connect just fine for the next day or two. When HS3Touch can't connect, it can no longer connect and I'd have to restart HomeSeer. HomeSeer itself is running fine when this occurs, since I can access it via the web interface.

When HS3Touch can't connect to HomeSeer, nothing shows up in the HomeSeer log (I'm using default logging levels).

Anyone else have this problem?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                Can you look back in your log and see if there are any errors. There might be an error when it disconnects.

I have yet to see a client disconnect and not re-connect with 368. I assume you are on Windows?
                Yes, Homeseer 368 is running on Windows XP (HomeTroller). I did not see any log entries when HS3Touch fails to connect. I haven’t looked yet to see if there were errors on a previous disconnect. I’ll try to check again the next time this occurs.

Edit: also, once HS3Touch can’t connect, I terminate HS3Toch (by swiping up in my iPhone). Then, I try to connect and it still can’t connect.

Comment

HS3 keeps logs forever, unless you delete the log file. So you can go to the log screen, set a date range, then search for the word "error" or "warning", see if anything shows up.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Thank you Peter.

Did this with one Homeseer user running with an Homeseer SEL. It had Mono V3.028 on it and Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit. I did more than just a remove. I removed any reference libraries to Mono. It seemed to have worked as when I installed Mono 5.X it did not catch any leftover dependencies. Historically though when I did this with the RPi2 Zee-2 build it wasn't always a clean old mono removal and it did cause issues.

I ran in to the issue with Homeseer user RPi of losing triggers for all 15 events on the users RPi when updating.

I did not know of the new backup Homeseer Labs tab that now includes Export events to JSON (to file localhost/events.json).

Here testing upgrade of mono which is currently running Mono 64 bit 4.x to 5.x. I should leave well enough alone as it is not dinging my CPU utilization at this time. It is being tested on an AMD dual core Xi5a with a 32Gb SSD drive or the Pine64 2Gb machine with a microSD card.
                    I tried Stretch last week with HS .368 and Mono 4. All started well but slowly errors creeped in and CPU and MEM usage rose.

Had a rethink and settled on Jessie with Mono 5 on HS3 .368. It's the most stable configuration to date for me.

With development on Jessie ended I know I'll have to take the leap at some stage. I've never had a successful distribution upgrade neither on Ubuntu or Raspbian. I find that method leaves a lot of old debris lying around on the disk just waiting to bite you when you least expect it. The developers don't really recommend it either.

Comment

Good news Peter.

I noticed you were trying Stretch.

Yeah here have alway started from scratch updating Wheezy to Jessie a while ago.

Upgraded one Ubuntu computer from 14.04 to 16.04.

I did have issues so on another computer wiped the 14.04 build and started from scratch on the 16.04 builds.

The two HS3 boxes are running with 16.04 64 bit.

I am on the fence now whether to upgrade the two from Mono 4.X to Mono 5.X. They are OK for now and running Mono 64 bit.

Here is htop from Homeseer 3 Lite

[ATTACH]63610[/ATTACH]

and Homeseer 3 Pro

[ATTACH]63611[/ATTACH]
                      Last edited by Pete; September 29, 2017, 02:23 PM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Good news Peter.

I noticed you were trying Stretch.

Yeah here have alway started from scratch updating Wheezy to Jessie a while ago.

Upgraded one Ubuntu computer from 14.04 to 16.04.

I did have issues so on another computer wiped the 14.04 build and started from scratch on the 16.04 builds.

The two HS3 boxes are running with 16.04 64 bit.

I am on the fence now whether to upgrade the two from Mono 4.X to Mono 5.X. They are OK for now and running Mono 64 bit.

Here is htop from Homeseer 3 Lite

[ATTACH]63610[/ATTACH]

and Homeseer 3 Pro

[ATTACH]63611[/ATTACH]
                        Spoke too soon Pete. Mochad just stopped responding for no reason. Did a reboot and the same happened after an hour. Nothing showed up in the logs as I expected. As far as HS is concerned it passed the command to Mochad as was instructed.

Thinking that it's down to the Systemd and Udev problem a lot of people have experienced using Mochad with Jessie. Mochad 0.1.17 was supposed to have resolved this. I did see a solution to this but I've Googled the hell out of Google without any luck.

I've never seen so many out of date and irrelevant solutions during this Googling session. In fact they cause more problems than they solve

Comment

I did not think that Homeseer used Mochad any more. I see a mochad subdirectory in the main homeseer directory and a file called 91-usb-x10-controllers.rules and the mochad file.

Here still using an X10 CM11A and TW-523 for the Ocelot. (well and the Jeff Volp X10 stuff).

Thinking too that systemd is more resource intensive than upstart. That is me though.

For testing and comparing speed of the Homeseer X10 plugin went to using HeyYou for a bit.
                          Last edited by Pete; September 29, 2017, 03:36 PM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I did not think that Homeseer used Mochad any more. I see a mochad subdirectory in the main homeseer directory and a file called 91-usb-x10-controllers.rules and the mochad file.

Here still using an X10 CM11A and TW-523 for the Ocelot. (well and the Jeff Volp X10 stuff).

Thinking too that systemd is more resource intensive than upstart. That is me though.

For testing and comparing speed of the Homeseer X10 plugin went to using HeyYou for a bit.
                            Sorry Pete is there any alternative to Mochad in Linux using the CM15 plugin in HS.

Comment

is there any alternative to Mochad in Linux using the CM15 plugin in HS?

Not that I know of.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Noticed an issue with updating the SEL from mono 3.0.28 to mono 5.X.

The triggers part of the event's get removed which is the same thing that happened a long time ago updating the original Zee2 from Mono 3.0.28 to mono 3.12 a while back.

I did one user here and had no real issues updating Mono (removing old and installing new) except that it wiped out the users event triggers. Another user just posted the same effect so he downgraded back to an image of his Homeseer 3 build with Mono 3.0.28.

I recall reading some place here that the new V.368 needs Mono 4.X.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X