Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAPCO Event trigger issue - Devices changes and becomes

Hi All,

I am having an issues with my HS Napco plugin that it is not triggering an event when I select the "this Devices changes and becomes" "Open and Disarmed"

Background on setup.

Napco Gemini plugin 3.0.2.0 latest version licensed copy.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368(windows)
    Windows 10 machine.

Connectivity to panel is working perfectly and when I look at the status of the device in homeseer that I am triggering from I can see it change state from Secure to "open and disarmed" in the device management page proving that the Plugin is driving the right device behavior at this tage at least.

The event however that has been setup to use the same device and "this Devices changes and becomes" and the "Open and Disarmed" option does not trigger.

Manual running of the event sees the desired action outcome so this is a trigger issue between in homeseer or / and the plugin.

I think this requires the napco creator and homeseer crew to look at this one please.

Thanks

Nick

On your event try this:

Event Type (first text box): Napco Gemini : Common Triggers and Zone Opened (in 2nd text box)
    Area: Any Area or select the area the zone is in
    Zone: Select the zone you want to trigger on

I ran a test with the following and it worked as expected.

IF Napco Gemini : Zone Opened for [Any Area] for Zone [Test Zone]
    Then Speak Test Zone opened

I am unsure why the event didn't work based on a device status change and will have to look into that. However, I recommend using the plugin specific trigger as this will work for what you're asking.

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Hi Nathan,

I created the trigger as you suggested and it works as expected which is great.

I hope you can find the bug with the other trigger.

Thanks

Nick

Comment

I have this same issue, but on the following Devices/section of the plugin.
        When the panel is Armed or disarmed or when the panel is disconnected or connected.
        I use this to fire an event that sets a indicator LED on my HS-WD200+ Dimmer in which when armed it Displays red on LED 1 and when disarmed it displays steady blue ( Normal).
        In addition I use the connected or disconnected to indicate a blinking light.
        When setting these I use a Virtual Device to set the device to true or false, the LED on switch .
        If I set the event to device to trigger upon a device value change it does not trigger.
        If I set the event to a device value change that has been at least xx mins or secs it will trigger.
        The latter generates too many entries in the event logs since it uses trigger evaluator.
        Is there anyway to rectify this. ?
        Your help is appreciated.

Comment

For Zones It works , but for indications of Connected or disconnected or Armed or Disarmed it does not work

Comment

Following up on my question above can we pm if needed.

Comment

I just installed on HS3Pro and ran into the same original problem as noted here above. Any progress on determining why the event does not fire on device status change?

The alternate method does work.

Note: Thanks for picking up ownership for this package. I continued to run old HS1.7 for years just for fear of losing the NAPCO integration capabilities.

Comment

Working...
              X