This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EnvisaLink DSC Plug-in - HS3 Beta Testing

attached is a version of the EnvisaLink plugin for HS3 (for a HS2 version go to this thread)

Installation:
    • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder /updates3/zips
    • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
    • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the EnvisaLink line.
    • click the "Download and Install" button
    • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
    • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Please report any bug. Thanks!

Changes to v3.0.0.40
    - Fixed problem with triggers when running multiple instances of the plugin.

Changes to v3.0.0.39
    - Fixed bug causing system to switch from Armed Stay to Armed Away when the plugin starts

Changes to v3.0.0.38
    - Fixed bypassed status devices which were out of sync at startup or after disarm.

Changes to v3.0.0.37
    - Added additional possible zone types: CO, Water and Glass Break

Changes to v3.0.0.36
    - Fixed "Verbose Trouble Status" trigger

Changes to v3.0.0.35
    - Added "Verbose Trouble Status" trigger
    - Possibility to rename controls (Arm Stay, Arm Away, Disarm, etc....) to anything you want.

Changes to v3.0.0.34
    - Added SendKeystrokeString scripting function
    - Added possibility to use a replacement variable as the parameter of "Send Keystroke String" action and scripting function

Changes to v3.0.0.33
    - Fixed error in config page when some zone devices are missing

Changes to v3.0.0.32
    - Added possibility to create additional "Zone Bypassed"devices that show if a zone is Bypassed or Active.
    - Added possibility to rename and set the type of zones from the config page.
    - The "User Access" string is now set to "Armed by System" when the system is armed from HomeSeer.

Changes to v3.0.0.31
    - Added option to not recreate missing devices on startup
    - "User Access" device value is now updated with the DSC user id.

Changes to v3.0.0.30
    - Added possibility to run multiple instances of the plug-in

Changes to v3.0.0.29
    - Added timeouts to the TCP connection
    - Added "Log to File" option
    - Support for 10 characters password for EVL4
    - Changed device icons to the default HS icons

Changes to v3.0.0.28
    - Fixed Copy/Paste of actions and triggers
    - added timestamp in logs to console

Changes to v3.0.0.27
    - When DSC user is not configured as a HS user, the User Access device will now show "Armed/Disarmed by user #xx"

Changes to v3.0.0.26
    - Added "Send Keystroke String" action

Changes to v3.0.0.25
    - Added "Command Output Pressed" trigger

Changes to v3.0.0.24
    - Added the possibility to select "Any" for all the triggers that have a zone or partition as a parameter

Changes to v3.0.0.23:
    - Fixed problem with some messages that the plugin couldn't understand because the size of the message was longer than expected

Changes to v3.0.0.22:
    - Fixed problem on config page which prevented log level to be saved in some specific situations.

Changes to v3.0.0.18:
    - Added "Enable Log For Device Status Change"and "Disable Log For Device Status Change" actions
    - Added some logs when User Access device status changes.

Changes to v3.0.0.17:
    - Added "Arm Zero Entry Delay" button on partition device
    - Added possibility to prevent status change log, configurable at device level.

Changes to v3.0.0.16:
    - avoid disconnecting on unknown command received

Changes to v3.0.0.15:
    - Log partition and zone status changes at info level

Changes to v3.0.0.14:
    - Fixed message parsing when there is no timestamp at the beginning ( EnvisalinkZoneTimerDump)

Changes to v3.0.0.12:
    - Added "Trigger PGM Output" Action
    - Truncate password to 6 characters max.

Changes to v3.0.0.11:
    - Cosmetic changes

Changes to v3.0.0.10:
    - Added a "User Access" device showing the name of the user that last armed or disarmed the panel
    - Added possibility to assign several DSC user codes to the same HS user

Changes to v3.0.0.9:
    - Added zone and partition numbers in Address field
    - Added a user parameter to the "User Opening" and "Use Closing" triggers so that an event can be triggered when a specific user arm or disarm the system.

Changes to v3.0.0.8:
    - Fixed shutdown of plugin.

Changes to v3.0.0.7:
    - Added "Exit Delay in Progress" and "Entry Delay in Progress" as partition possible status

Changes to v3.0.0.6:
    - Changes to make the plugin work on linux.

Changes to v3.0.0.5:
    - Added action "Sync Alarm Time" to sync alarm time with system time
    - Ignore messages that fail to be parsed, and log them as warnings

Changes to v3.0.0.4:
    - Added following partition statuses: "Armed Away", "Armed Stay", "Armed Stay - Zero Entry delay", "Armed Away - Zero Entry delay", "Ready - Force Arming Enabled"
    - Added root device, and set all other devices as children of root

Changes to v3.0.0.3:
    - Added "Ring Detected" message as a trigger

Changes to v3.0.0.2:
    - Fixed "Ring Detected" message which was causing error when received.
    - Added link to this forum

Changes to v3.0.0.1:
    - Better error handling for connection and password issues
    - Added EnvisaLink icon as default device image
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spud; April 17, 2018, 02:33 PM.

what version of HS3 are you running?

do you have an EnvisaLink.ini in your Config folder?, if so please delete it and restart the plugin. Does the plugin is initialized correctly in this case?

Then fill in your settings in the config page and make sure there is no firewall or anti virus blocking the connection to your EnvisaLink interface on port 4025.

As for the licence registration problem could you contact HST support or open a helpdesk ticket.

Comment

Spud if you are responding to my post, I've removed it. It was my fault, I had an IP address issue and the plug-in "goes out to lunch" in that condition. It could use some better error handling as the link to change the config was flat out gone. So I had to uninstall the plug-in, manually delete the files, re-install, then update the info. It's working now.

Only issue I'm having now is the license key I bought doesn't work with the HS3 plug-in.

tx

Comment

Originally posted by SingleSided View Post
        Spud if you are responding to my post, I've removed it. It was my fault, I had an IP address issue and the plug-in "goes out to lunch" in that condition. It could use some better error handling as the link to change the config was flat out gone. So I had to uninstall the plug-in, manually delete the files, re-install, then update the info. It's working now.
        You're right about error handling, I'm improving it right now.

Originally posted by SingleSided View Post
        Only issue I'm having now is the license key I bought doesn't work with the HS3 plug-in.
        I think your licence key should work with both HS2 and HS3 since I don't charge any upgrade fee. Could you open a helpdesk ticket, or if one of the HST guy read this, could you advise?

Comment

Can HS2 and HS3 EnvisaLink plug-in run side by side

I'm happy to give it a spin but do you think I'll run into any issues running V3 on my HS3 test system while HS2 is running my main system.

Based on what (I think I know) - seems like it might work but very interested in any info from someone that has already tried or what you think Spud.

If an alarm goes off (when it is not supposed to) I'll be in the HS dog house for a very, very long time....

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
            I'm happy to give it a spin but do you think I'll run into any issues running V3 on my HS3 test system while HS2 is running my main system.

Based on what (I think I know) - seems like it might work but very interested in any info from someone that has already tried or what you think Spud.

If an alarm goes off (when it is not supposed to) I'll be in the HS dog house for a very, very long time....
            The EnvisaLink doc says:
            The Envisalink acts as a server for the TCP connection and the user application is the client. The Envisalink listens on
            port 4025 and will only accept one client connection on that port. Any subsequent connections will be denied.
            so running both HS2 and HS3 with the EnvisaLink plugin won't work, only one of them woulfd be able to connect to the interface.

Comment

OK, thanks...

The Envisalink web site is still connecting with (and exchanging info with) my HS2 PC (in addition to the Envisalink plug-in) so assuming that connection is on a different or dedicated port (vice 4025)...

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                attached is a version of the EnvisaLink plugin for HS3

Installation:
                - Download and unzip the file attached to this post.
                - Copy HSPI_ENVISALINK.exe to your HS3 directory
                - Copy the gif files to html\images\EnvisaLink (Create this directory if it doesn't exist)

This HS3 version has exactly the same features than the HS2 version.

Please report any bug. Thanks!
                Did this plugin get a new license from HomeSeer? If not you need to ensure that this plugin is HS3 compatible and includes the correct HS3 license as well as getting the plugin in the HomeSeer updater. You can't simply drop a HS2 plugin into HS3.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  Did this plugin get a new license from HomeSeer? If not you need to ensure that this plugin is HS3 compatible and includes the correct HS3 license as well as getting the plugin in the HomeSeer updater. You can't simply drop a HS2 plugin into HS3.
                  This plugin is HS3 compatible and is already in the HS3 updater
                  There is also a store page for this HS3 version:
                  http://store.homeseer.com/store/Envi...P1630C268.aspx

What is a HS3 licence? I thought there was no need anymore to include a .lf file for HS3 plugins?

I don't want to charge any upgrade fee for this plugin for users who bought it for HS2. What should I do to achieve that?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    I don't want to charge any upgrade fee for this plugin for users who bought it for HS2. What should I do to achieve that?
                    Let me double check on this.

Comment

Spud,
                      Just and update. I did start a case which I think triggered the Homeseer team response. Here's the detail I provided. Greg from HS thought it "should work" as you asked, but it's not so he's looking at it.

Subject: Envisalink License not working with HS3
                      Thanks for the response. I go to Register Online from Plugin Management. Currently it shows Trial with 30 days left next to the button. I enter license number and password that I was given after purchase. I get the following error:

Registration failed: [License number shows here...removed from post] : Error registering license: License does not match product

Comment

thanks for the update

just to confirm, your licence code for this plugin worked in HS2, right?

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

Spud,
                            I think you need to contact the guys at HomeSeer as there's some confusion as to weather you are charging for your HS3 plugin or not.

Comment

Spud,
                              If you could let me know the resolution here, I'd appreciate it. I'm not going to move forward with HS3 until it's released, so I'm not in any particular time crunch. I'm at the end of the road with my Homeseer ticket. They pretty much said I'd have to buy it again to use it with HS3, pending your discussions with them.

Thanks for the great support.

Comment

Working...
                              X