This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
    Here's another copy of the log. I installed the newest version 3.0.0.7 and it still has the problem.
    actually the newest version is 3.0.0.8. I screw up when building the zip this morning, and uploaded 3.0.0.7 instead of 3.0.0.8. I uploaded the right version a few minutes later but it was probably too late and you got the wrong one.

Please download again and make sure it says 3.0.0.8 in the logs when you start it.

sorry for the additional testing

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      actually the newest version is 3.0.0.8. I screw up when building the zip this morning, and uploaded 3.0.0.7 instead of 3.0.0.8. I uploaded the right version a few minutes later but it was probably too late and you got the wrong one.

Please download again and make sure it says 3.0.0.8 in the logs when you start it.

sorry for the additional testing
      3.0.0.8 doesn't work either. Here's another chunk of log.
      Attached Files

Comment

3.0.0.8 doesn't work either. Here's another chunk of log.
        Thank you for testing.
        Here is another attempt to fix the problem. Please try version 3.0.0.9 attached to this post.

If possible post the full log next time (from the moment the plugin starts until the errors happen)
        Attached Files

Comment

This plugin is designed to control your Ademco (Honeywell) Security System using the EnvisaLink interface: http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=176
          It supports Vista Panels (Vista20P, 21P, 15P, and 10P)

Please report any bug.

Installation:
          • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder in /updates3/zips
          • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
          • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the EnvisaLinkAdemco line.
          • click the "Download and Install" button
          • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
          • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Changes to v3.0.0.8:
          - Fixed reconnection problems

Changes to v3.0.0.7:
          - Fixed "Arm Night-Stay" button

Changes to v3.0.0.6:
          - Hide password and security code in logs
          - Truncate password to 6 characters
          Can't get this version to install. Have updater_override.txt in HS3 folder and the 3.0.0.9 version in the Updates3/zips folder. The installer still shows 3.0.0.8. If I try to install that, I get a messages saying install failed. I guess you can't install the same version. Don't understand why the updsater shows 3.0.0.8 under Test Plugin instead of 3.0.0.9. 3.0.0.8 is not in the zips folder.

Comment

Can't get this version to install. Have updater_override.txt in HS3 folder and the 3.0.0.9 version in the Updates3/zips folder. The installer still shows 3.0.0.8. If I try to install that, I get a messages saying install failed. I guess you can't install the same version. Don't understand why the updsater shows 3.0.0.8 under Test Plugin instead of 3.0.0.9. 3.0.0.8 is not in the zips folder.
            make sure to download the updater_override.txt and the zip from post #33.
            I just retried to install and it works for me.

if you try to open updater_override.txt with a text editor the last line should be:
            Code:
            EnvisaLinkAdemco,            HSPI_EnvisaLinkAdemco.exe,    ,3.0.0.9,    63, 2, local,, EnvisaLinkAdemco_3-0-0-9.zip,        4,    Free to try $39.95 to buy, spud,            EnvisaLinkAdemco,         http://homeseer.com/updates3/icons/envisalink75.png,         http://homeseer.com/updates3/descriptions/EnvisaLink.htm, HS3-P1595C268.aspx,    http://store.homeseer.com/store/EnvisaLink-Plug-in-P1595C96.aspx

Comment

make sure to download the updater_override.txt and the zip from post #33.
              I just retried to install and it works for me.

if you try to open updater_override.txt with a text editor the last line should be:
              Code:
              EnvisaLinkAdemco,            HSPI_EnvisaLinkAdemco.exe,    ,3.0.0.9,    63, 2, local,, EnvisaLinkAdemco_3-0-0-9.zip,        4,    Free to try $39.95 to buy, spud,            EnvisaLinkAdemco,         http://homeseer.com/updates3/icons/envisalink75.png,         http://homeseer.com/updates3/descriptions/EnvisaLink.htm, HS3-P1595C268.aspx,    http://store.homeseer.com/store/EnvisaLink-Plug-in-P1595C96.aspx
              OK. I was using the old updater_override.txt file. Hopefully, the latest will work OK. Is there any possibility that you can show in the partion 1 device data that will differentiate between armed-away and armed-max. That would be helpful. My panel says away and instant when in the armed-max mode. Maybe the device status could say armed-away-instant or some such.
              Will get back to you later about current fix.

Comment

Is there any possibility that you can show in the partion 1 device data that will differentiate between armed-away and armed-max. That would be helpful. My panel says away and instant when in the armed-max mode. Maybe the device status could say armed-away-instant or some such.
                Here is the partition status codes taken from the API doc:
                Code:
                00 – Partition is not Used/Doesn't Exist
                01 – Ready
                02 – Ready to Arm (Zones are Bypasses)
                03 – Not Ready
                04 – Armed in Stay Mode
                05 – Armed in Away Mode
                06 – Armed Maximum (Zero Entry Delay)
                07 – Exit Delay (not implemented on all platforms)
                08 – Partition is in Alarm
                09 – Alarm Has Occurred (Alarm in Memory)
                These status codes are used as the possible values for the partition device.
                Apparently the "Armed Maximum" is not implemented or at least not sent by your panel model. I would like to avoid to try to add additionnal statuses which are not in the API, but what I could do is add a device to show the status of the LEDs of your keypad. From the keypad update message, I can retrieve a value to compute the status of each LED.

Code:
                LED/ICON Bitfield
                The is a two byte, HEX, representation of the bitfield. When a bit is set to
                1, the means the keypad would display the associated ICON or LED.
                Bit Pos: Description
                15: ARMED STAY
                14: LOW BATTERY
                13: FIRE
                12: READY
                11: Not Used
                10: Not Used
                09: CHECK ICON – SYSTEM TROUBLE
                08: ALARM (FIRE ZONE)
                07: ARMED (ZERO ENTRY DELAY)
                06: Not Used
                05: CHIME
                04: BYPASS (Zones are bypassed)
                03: AC PRESENT
                02: ARMED AWAY
                01: ALARM IN MEMORY
                00: ALARM (System is in Alarm)
                I guess 07: ARMED (ZERO ENTRY DELAY) is what we are looking for
                You say that your panel says instant, does it show this on the alpha numeric string or with a LED?

Comment

Here is the partition status codes taken from the API doc:
                  Code:
                  00 – Partition is not Used/Doesn't Exist
                  01 – Ready
                  02 – Ready to Arm (Zones are Bypasses)
                  03 – Not Ready
                  04 – Armed in Stay Mode
                  05 – Armed in Away Mode
                  06 – Armed Maximum (Zero Entry Delay)
                  07 – Exit Delay (not implemented on all platforms)
                  08 – Partition is in Alarm
                  09 – Alarm Has Occurred (Alarm in Memory)
                  These status codes are used as the possible values for the partition device.
                  Apparently the "Armed Maximum" is not implemented or at least not sent by your panel model. I would like to avoid to try to add additionnal statuses which are not in the API, but what I could do is add a device to show the status of the LEDs of your keypad. From the keypad update message, I can retrieve a value to compute the status of each LED.

Code:
                  LED/ICON Bitfield
                  The is a two byte, HEX, representation of the bitfield. When a bit is set to
                  1, the means the keypad would display the associated ICON or LED.
                  Bit Pos: Description
                  15: ARMED STAY
                  14: LOW BATTERY
                  13: FIRE
                  12: READY
                  11: Not Used
                  10: Not Used
                  09: CHECK ICON – SYSTEM TROUBLE
                  08: ALARM (FIRE ZONE)
                  07: ARMED (ZERO ENTRY DELAY)
                  06: Not Used
                  05: CHIME
                  04: BYPASS (Zones are bypassed)
                  03: AC PRESENT
                  02: ARMED AWAY
                  01: ALARM IN MEMORY
                  00: ALARM (System is in Alarm)
                  I guess 07: ARMED (ZERO ENTRY DELAY) is what we are looking for
                  You say that your panel says instant, does it show this on the alpha numeric string or with a LED?
                  The only LEDs are Armed and Ready. The Away and Instant are words that show on the screen.

The plug-in is still having the same problem. In the attached log, it looks like it started at 9:29:44 AM
                  Attached Files

Comment

Device Status for Root Device

Hi, I'm trying to display the status value for the root device on a HSTouch screen. Although for some reason I don't see that device available within the HSTouch device drop-down. I see the partition and zones, but not the root?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by virtualadam View Post
                      Hi, I'm trying to display the status value for the root device on a HSTouch screen. Although for some reason I don't see that device available within the HSTouch device drop-down. I see the partition and zones, but not the root?

thanks!
                      Root devices which have no control do not appear in HSTouch, not sure if this is a HS3 bug or a desired behavior though.
                      So a simple workaround to this problem is to manually add a control to this device:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	dummy.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1172100

That being said I'm going to add a keypad status device as a child device in the next version, so that will fix this issue.

Comment

Root devices which have no control do not appear in HSTouch, not sure if this is a HS3 bug or a desired behavior though.
                        So a simple workaround to this problem is to manually add a control to this device:
                        [ATTACH]39730[/ATTACH]

That being said I'm going to add a keypad status device as a child device in the next version, so that will fix this issue.
                        Awesome - great to hear and thanks for always getting back so quick!

Comment

The only LEDs are Armed and Ready. The Away and Instant are words that show on the screen.

The plug-in is still having the same problem. In the attached log, it looks like it started at 9:29:44 AM
                          What's your panel model number?
                          So, if you see Away and Instant as words on your keypad, you should see them as well as the status of the root device. Do you see that?

I'm still working on the reconnection problem but I have a hard time figuring out what's going on.
                          How long does it take for the error to show up?
                          If you restart the plugin manually right after the errors show up does it successfully reconnect?
                          Does the plugin crash after the errors?
                          Could you include the full log next time (from the plugin start)

Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the reconnect problem mentioned, but here is what I experience...

After I restart HomeSeer, then as zones are faulted the status and last change date will show-up for the associated devices. Then 'say the next day' I'll check and find that the last change date for a device is almost a day old, and new faults aren't being recognized...

If I disable and re-enable the plugin it doesn't fix the issue, but if I restart HomeSeer then devices will get updated and everything works....for a while...

I'll look at uploading logs and I'm on version 3.0.0.9...

Comment

What's your panel model number?
                              So, if you see Away and Instant as words on your keypad, you should see them as well as the status of the root device. Do you see that?

I'm still working on the reconnection problem but I have a hard time figuring out what's going on.
                              How long does it take for the error to show up?
                              If you restart the plugin manually right after the errors show up does it successfully reconnect?
                              Does the plugin crash after the errors?
                              Could you include the full log next time (from the plugin start)

Thanks
                              Not sure where to find model number. Schematic says Vista-20P/PS Series, VISTA-15P Series. Numbers on circuit card are
                              SAVS20P3 F WI58985 Go22.

The last time it failed after about an hour. It always works again when I turn it off and on again in Manage Plug-ins. I'll try to time it better. And I'll try to get the whole log from start to failure.

I see away and instant on the keypad but only Armed-Away in the root device status.

Can I change the status words in the zone devices without messing things up? The fire and motion zones need words other than opened or closed.

Comment

This morning I watched it and saw no errors in the log. But at around 10:15 I tried to bypass a couple of faulted zones and arm it. They wouldn't bypass. The status continued to be Not ready. Then I tried closing the door and the status stayed Opened.
                                I then restarted the plug in and everything worked again. Always before, I could see errors in the log. But not this time.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X